Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 11-29-2023, 01:03 PM
Banned

Default 55 and 56 - Ranger solo

The soloing spot I was enjoying has greened out. I killed the human skeleton in Trakanon's Teeth for most of level 54. My ranger is now 55.

Looking for more hunting ideas. A huge plus if hunting spots have perks like indifferent faction, no faction hit, good loot etc. That's a positive but not required.

context:
-Human ~2k Hitpoints self buffed
-Iksar BP (no Fungi yet)
-Woodsman (No Epic yet)
-Swarmcaller
-No Tolan's bracer or Good Bow worth mentioning yet

Any suggestions for places to solo a ranger during levels 55 and 56?
Old 11-29-2023, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Dyrna, Tar Goos maybe?
Old 11-29-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

I did 54-59 on lfay brownie guards, not fastest but good chill camp. 2 mobs every 18 min . Harmony and split. Can hit 60 with them
Old 11-29-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Pump some cancel/nullify magic into the brownies to get rid of their DS should they had a chance to buff.

Ranger can tear up KC pretty nicely 55+.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-29-2023, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I did wl goos until like 57/58. Finished off in kc. If you can, just find a class to duo with like a shaman/cleric. Will be faster
Old 12-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Kobold

I'm 59 now on my Ranger and have been solo'ing almost exclusively. 55 and 56 are a weird spot. I was killing the 3 barbs in Everfrost. It's not bad XP and money. 57 I moved to Chardok and have been there since.

Chardok entrance tunnel is great. All mobs on a lengthy timer. Max is a 2 pull always (unless you get a wandered). There are the chokdai dogs and sarnaks. The chok dawgs you can snare and fear kite in the tunnel. The sarnaks I would root and joust til you slow and then go in full melee. If you had a bow and tolan's, you'd be set to cruise to 60. I was using a rusty halbred and gleed's bow against the barbarians and it was solid DPS. Not world shattering but you level fast enough.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 59 now on my Ranger and have been solo'ing almost exclusively. 55 and 56 are a weird spot. I was killing the 3 barbs in Everfrost. It's not bad XP and money. 57 I moved to Chardok and have been there since.

Chardok entrance tunnel is great. All mobs on a lengthy timer. Max is a 2 pull always (unless you get a wandered). There are the chokdai dogs and sarnaks. The chok dawgs you can snare and fear kite in the tunnel. The sarnaks I would root and joust til you slow and then go in full melee. If you had a bow and tolan's, you'd be set to cruise to 60. I was using a rusty halbred and gleed's bow against the barbarians and it was solid DPS. Not world shattering but you level fast enough.
That sounds brutal since those barbs green out at 55 lol
Old 12-12-2023, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Grik the exile.
Lvl 45,low HP. No faction/ok enough loot.
Swamp on no hope,gets popular sometimes. Still blue at 60
Old 12-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds brutal since those barbs green out at 55 lol

Yeah, not the best haha. But chardok has been a freakin breeze. Even at 59 I am getting 1% every 2-3 kills. Best I pulled solo was 11% an hour.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did wl goos until like 57/58. Finished off in kc. If you can, just find a class to duo with like a shaman/cleric. Will be faster
I also vote for Tar Goos in WL. Got to 57 or 58 on my SK with them. Easy spot to pull if you have the big room, and they drop pretty good money. The run to Skyshrine isn't too far for bank and merchants. Or Kael if you happen to be giant factioned.