Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGods [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we take pom puppets as an example, hell yes I will take the shm tanking rather than the pet. On a pet break I’ll be summoned by the puppet if there’s no one else in melee range. Having the shm tank also allows the pet to be only doing dmg from the back meaning no ripostes and no summoning on a break, etc. The only situations where I’ll pick a shm over clr is when the shm is torpor tanking.

Not sure what you mean by the pet not attacking the enchanter when it breaks. Of course it will even when the shm is tanking, however the enc only needs to handle the pet on a break as opposed to pet + mob.
Fair enough! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can enc + bard duo well at all? How would that work?
It works fine. Bard basically just sits back and dots the mob. Can fear kite with ease too with OP bard snare and enc fear. It’s not the most powerful, but basically any class can duo well with an enc.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I've had NEC/ENC duos in HS that outperformed any possible CLR/ENC duo from the sheer DPS we were able to pump out and just merking pets as they got low. ENC/CLR is clearly the most powerful in non-dead zones and for killing special targets, in dead zones my friend the NEC might have something to say.

Add to this that all the best Kunark zones are Undead (Old Seb Crypt/Howling Stones/KC/CoM/LGuK) and you can make a compelling case for the necro

Benefits of neco with an enchanter
1) Additional Charm pet
2) Can heal the enchanter from break damage
3) Excellent Roots
4) Numb the Dead has no LoS requirement for some interesting pulls
5) Mana for daaaaays
6) Can rez
7) Can DA
8) Can FD
9) Can Mez

The only "broken" part about Enchanters is that their Charms are not limited to Humanoids only as they should be. It's ridiculous they can Charmw whatever TF they want
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 09-18-2019 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

the real answer is monk. Basically can kill anything that an enc can and safer. This was before triple attack. Now it’s just a joke and they’re way more fun to raid on.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the real answer is monk. Basically can kill anything that an enc can and safer. This was before triple attack. Now it’s just a joke and they’re way more fun to raid on.
I dont find this true at all
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Everytime I see this thread title, I think of that red99 PVP video where that one guy says "I AM THE BEST ENCHANTER!"

I cant find it though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

I would argue that 2 chanters is stronger than ench/nec duo. More risky of course since no ability to rez but having 2 pets and twice the CC capabilities makes your life much easier.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would argue that 2 chanters is stronger than ench/nec duo. More risky of course since no ability to rez but having 2 pets and twice the CC capabilities makes your life much easier.
In an Undead zone having NEC/ENC is stronger than ENC/ENC 1000 out of 1000 times
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

A level 60 enchanter, needs only 1 partner.

A personal assistant.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnome_collector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Strongest" how? In pve? If by "strong" you mean charming a monster to kill two monsters or best case soloing drusella... thats not that impressive. And its not like this is done with fine grained controls. Often chanters are in a panic.

Also, not like chanter is bringing their power to a raid. They are glorified buff bots.

Torp shaman's solo cliff guardians and +4 dragons. I believe these creatures also summon. I would also argue that they are a bit stronger than the hardest mobs an ench can reliably solo (without panic). Also raid mobs can be torpored more reliably than an ench can find a pet in certain situations. On a raid chants are most likely not mezzing or CC'ing anyway.

Once torp lands, shammy is just chillin.

I thus conclude Sham > Ench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahem. I beg your pardon...but you're wrong about enchanters being nothing but buff bots. Additionally, I'd argue everything you said about enchanters being in "panic" is rather bullshit. If you get the named mob dead...who cares if it was hectic?

Enchanters can solo cliff golems. There may be a select few mobs that a torp shaman can do reliably and an enchanter cannot, but then there is the rest of the world for the enc to access freely.

If you competed for the big raid targets you'd have acknowledged the following:

- AoE Tash bombs on ToV boss + multiple guard engages to set up slowers. Its a thankless, kamikaze META out there in nToV.

- Tash + chanter slow before the shaman can land theirs can save lots of cleric mana. Obviously important on bosses, but also consider when killing trash / flurries while racing (leapfrogging) for FTEs.

- Goaltending / raid-saving mem blurs (mostly in ToV, but applicable elsewhere too in worst case scenarios).

- Charm pet dps (all of Fear, Kael, Dain....and sometimes ToV hatchlings for the bold / brave / stupid)

- Trading the important classes your raid clickies (mallets, root nets, etc) when they run out of charges.

- /ooc commentary (I prefer nostalgic / iconic song lyrics) while medding because you have nothing in your buff bot queue.

...did I just get trolled into posting this? Nothing against my shaman broskis, but this dude and his shitty post needed a refute.
Last edited by kjs86z; 09-18-2019 at 05:53 PM..
Closed Thread