Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like the electoral colleges. It's their job to chose the president, right? The people voting is what informs their decision.

Parliament doing its job of representing their constituents. Of course circa 48% are going to be pro remain. That's the entire point of democratic representation.

The other 52% should be working on ensuring a Brexit is delivered as it was promoted by campaigners; easiest deal ever and definitely not no deal.
It's more like two thirds of MPs in parliament support remain. In some constituencies e.g. Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford, 70% of the electorate voted to Leave the EU in the referendum, their MP is one of the biggest remainers in parliament.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like the electoral colleges. It's their job to chose the president, right? The people voting is what informs their decision.

Parliament doing its job of representing their constituents. Of course circa 48% are going to be pro remain. That's the entire point of democratic representation.

The other 52% should be working on ensuring a Brexit is delivered as it was promoted by campaigners; easiest deal ever and definitely not no deal.
Lol @ treating Brexit like there’s shares of a stock where the 48% have claim to concessions. The 48% lost completely. They didn’t win part of it. Makes me crazy people twist democracy this way, act treasonous and blame it off on “parliament doing its job representing their constituents”. No, that’s exactly what their not doing by undermining democracy. Imagine fucking your common people’s sovereignty this bad and calling it “parliament doing its job representing their constituents”.

Doing their job is getting forward what was passed through vote, nothing less. Not getting this rolling is an amazing failure for them that breaks down the social compact between politicians and the people. They’ve dangled the idea they don’t have to do anything really which is just a giant fuck you to the idea of sovereignty.

52-48 votes need to work the same as 99-1 vote otherwise votes don’t work, as in this case. It defeats the purpose of a vote. And then what’s the cut off when something similar happens next? 53-47 votes can get mucked up? 54-46, 55-45 and anytime the elites don’t get the right votes- media campaign it was those dang aristocrats! Again, these are lines i expect to hear out of 3rd world dictatorships, it’s alarming to see it come from here. What will be the official line people have to cross where the votes are truly kosher. How can we measure in the future that ‘aristocrats’ haven’t had the proper influence on a vote so it’s not tainted? Do you not see how much bullshit this is?

When parliament isn’t fully behind the 52% that won the vote, there’s treason being taken place against the people. They are taking advantage of the situation and it is showing how the people of the UK don’t have any accountability for their politicians. Elites don’t like the way you vote on anything - “the aristocrats hijacked the vote”. It sounds like the elites have paid enough to get enough common people to adopt treasonous views towards the UK as well - that common people should support politicians committing treason if it’s for the right cause they’ve been brainwashed to support.

It really is poor long term thinking though, to throw your common people’s sovereignty away because you’re salty about losing the Brexit vote. It’s sad the elites have so much funds to flood you with consistently anti Brexit propaganda after the fact. Even sadder that the Brits are some of the worst mind controlled people on this planet and eat up the abuse. Like I showed, we saw the same thing in the US. In some of those links those expert economists said Trump was going to be worse than Brexit for the economy. We’re fine. The fear mongering about Brexit is wrong too. For one, I know there’s a lot of places like the US that would love to take a bite out of the EU by supporting the UK on this.

And why would the EU not set up favorable trade deals with the UK as well? Why wouldn’t failure to do so be considered a hostile act against a neighboring nation? At worst you could consider it an act of war if EU is abusive to a leaving UK. That’s shit we typically only do against places like North Korea that commit human rights violations. Would it really be appropriate to treat an exiting UK the same as North Korea? There’s a PR campaign to take against the EU here too the UK elites will not take advantage of because they are sabotaging.

I don’t even know why it’s worth getting this upset about the UK. It’s always this type of mega cucked bullshit coming out of there that it’s been a lost cause forever. And I’m clearly more upset about it than anyone I’ve actually seen living there. Actually are UK citizens even able to make posts like I have above without fear of their secret police busting their door down for criticizing the integrity of their government?
Old 09-20-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When parliament isn’t fully behind the 52% that won the vote, there’s treason being taken place against the people.
Interesting take there. If an MP represents an area that overwhelmingly voted remain, that MP should then do everything in their power to assist with Brexit? That sounds like a betrayal against the people that they represent to me.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re closer to cucked out soy.
HweeeewwwwDOAWGEy yeeeeHAw! That's gon be a grats, PieOats.

Wuat specifically about that post *TRIGGERED* this emotional outburst ((of yours))?
Old 09-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting take there. If an MP represents an area that overwhelmingly voted remain, that MP should then do everything in their power to assist with Brexit? That sounds like a betrayal against the people that they represent to me.
Nope. That's simply taking a loss you earned by not having enough people show up to vote. Like I pointed out, getting 48% of the vote doesn't award concessions. Yes MP's have duty to their people but correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know UK government structure super well but here in the US, we have a greater duty to the central government first and foremost and thus the overall body of people before the specific states, I assume it's the same over there. You're not allowed to trip over federal guidelines to cater to your specific state. You work your state rights within the federal not the other way. Otherwise things will get fucked up pretty fast if little states have these many rights. Causing a ruckus that mucks up the procedure of the win vote is treasonous against the rest of your country by pushing to break down the social compact. Of course there's outside foreign entities that are pushing this very break down of social compact because why the fuck not? It's largely going to be elite foreigners taking advantage of no brexit and why should they care about UK's sovereignty and the integrity of that government? It's not theirs, it's simply there for them to make profit off of. There's a lot of foreigners in the EU that are big time trade moguls who stand to lose a lot if UK leaves and they don't gain anything if the UK keeps integrity dealing with its common people. It's sad they have so much funds to create so much influence from a vested position that isn't UK citizenship.
Last edited by Teppler; 09-20-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Old 09-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

MPs are first and foremost representatives of their constituency (i.e. local area). Their job is to represent the desires and interests of those people.

The government should be working on Brexit, supported by MPs of areas who voted to leave.

MPs of areas that voted remain should be either working against Brexit, or working to have concessions made as part of the Brexit agreement to represent the wishes of their constituency.

As much as it may annoy you across the pond, the MPs representing their specific constituency is a feature not a bug.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
MPs are first and foremost representatives of their constituency (i.e. local area). Their job is to represent the desires and interests of those people.

The government should be working on Brexit, supported by MPs of areas who voted to leave.

MPs of areas that voted remain should be either working against Brexit, or working to have concessions made as part of the Brexit agreement to represent the wishes of their constituency.

As much as it may annoy you across the pond, the MPs representing their specific constituency is a feature not a bug.
Let’s give hypothetical example then if push comes to shove. Lets say an MPs constituency pushes hard for an MP to do something that is illegal on a ‘centralized federal level’, whatever they call it over there, but it’s good for the constituency. Who wins this struggle? The central crown or the constituency? By viewing this example with pressures, you see who really serves who and what has to happen.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:24 AM
Banned

This sure doesn't happen when there's close votes on things like LGBT issues.

To the losers on that it becomes 'shut up and deal with it. Stop crying about how bad it's going to be for you, you lost completely, this is progress'.

But somehow the losers here have all sorts of rights to allow them to negotiate and actually get their desired result from the beginning.

Funny how it works out this way.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

The fact that you look at it as winners and losers says a lot about you.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s give hypothetical example then if push comes to shove. Lets say an MPs constituency pushes hard for an MP to do something that is illegal on a ‘centralized federal level’, whatever they call it over there, but it’s good for the constituency. Who wins this struggle? The central crown or the constituency? By viewing this example with pressures, you see who really serves who and what has to happen.
Yea, it is those pushing for the no deal Brexit that are 'pushing hard for MPs to do something illegal'. Using an advisory referendum to dictate government policy, reneging on the Good Friday Agreement, airy fairy campaign promises (the two worst offenders for having made these are the head of the privy council and the PM: two men in the best positions to implement these unkept promises - but nope)... All of these things are at best of dubious legality.

So your hypothetical situation is what we are seeing now except the situation is flipped and the condom is on the other cock.
Closed Thread