Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racing through levels (for me at least) misses the point of green. For me I’m going to savor the gearless, poor noob experience.
Though on one hand I agree with you, on the other there are 2 playstiles for TLPs

Speed running.

Slow walking.

That said, speed running will not prevent you from slow walking, you can speed run for 1 week and experience a ton of amazing competitive everquesting and get some server firsts.

and then you can just play like super chill for the next year.

Speed running games is arguably one of the most popular sports in gaming, so add in classic MMO to that and make it live, and a reset server, and ladies and gentlemen

we have seasons!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Taking it slow has been done before...

But being the first to down every raid mob whatever the culture becomes interested in, 1 second faster than its ever been done before in human history?

That could give the game a longevity you never expected it to have just saying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm wondering what kind of impediment high populations will b.
Goblins in Highpass are going to be ridiculous.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-20-2019, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

I'm rolling druid. I doubt I will be 50 by the end of the weekend, but I'm positive I'll hit 40+ and get to Lguk to hop on a list. Once I secure my manastone I will probably start a bard, level him up, and head to Temple of Cazic to farm a full set of rubicite. Once that is done it'll be back to the druid to 50.

I got a bard from 1 to 36 in a day on blue, and that was my first time ever playing a bard with several deaths learning to swarm. I'm sure there will be some level 50 bards by the end of the weekend.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

I find it sad that, as adults probably in our late 30's and early 40's, anyone is rushing for server firsts on a Private server of a 20 year old game. Sit back and enjoy the game and make some new friends.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it sad that, as adults probably in our late 30's and early 40's, anyone is rushing for server firsts on a Private server of a 20 year old game. Sit back and enjoy the game and make some new friends.
Think of it like, you're at the mall. You're shopping, its a chill day. Then a group of fast walking old ladies come stiff walking past you in colorful jogging outfits. They look intimidating at first, like they're trying to turn the mall into a gymnasium! Who asked for that?!

But then they just speed walk right past you, and fade away behind the crowd at the food court and its back to a regular day at the mall. No big deal.

These rushing players are going to be like this. Like as intimidating and powerful as some old ladies in a shopping mall. Not very. So it wont ruin your adventure, traveler! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

I’m going to say at least a week because there will be no twinking.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bonus points for stay-at-home-sons, recently paroled, heavy drug users and divorced dads with free internet I suppose.
haha
Old 09-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Everyone will have their empty plastic bottles and fresh socks ready to be sure.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblins in Highpass are going to be ridiculous.
This. Highpass in general is going to have wait times for days, and it will be worth waiting. The first monk/shaman duo to get in on highpass guards and hold it for a day is going to scream thru levels at a rate no one but a bard can match.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Orc

Is high-pass considered indoor or outdoor from a camp/spawn claiming standpoint? Can u claim the whole orc cliff or technically just one orc?
Closed Thread