Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why i really like the idea of a Everquest server that is Norrath but unfamiliar again! Mix up loot tables and factions and you've got a whole new Norrath to explore and rediscover!

Community getting all involved to discover who drops manastone and guise at launch, or keep it a secret! Oh the sense of discovery and wonder would be returned.
I would love this server but Im not sure we're ready for it, maybe Gold99 2026 or 8(ish?) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Paladin, Shadowknight, Ranger, & Bard hybrid exp penalty existing at launch through early Velious = 4 classes being punished for close to 70% of the server's natural life. If that's in, I ain't rolling.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

That people read the rules and actually understand them...
Old 08-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That people read the rules and actually understand them...
Lol, don't be ridiculous.

Now let's get back to wishing for custom faction systems and Luclin content, everyone! <3
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also no hybrid penalties, plskthx.
amen brotha,

i wish they wouldnt add this but they will
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hope for green:

Characters don't get "recycled" back into Blue at the end of the server.
Same. It really devalues the character when you move them to a server like blue with all the past exploits/changes/overinflated economy. I wish there was no raid rules, but that will never happen. It's kind of ridiculous how you need to be a lawyer to abuse all the rules related to raids on here.
Last edited by Pindrought; 08-07-2019 at 02:33 AM..
Old 08-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Skeleton

My hope for green.

Wipe blue server and insert green server with original classic timeline. Blue is and always has been a BETA server. Betas generally get wiped.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hope for green:

Characters don't get "recycled" back into Blue at the end of the server.
I actually hope the same thing. Some say this because they think it'll mess up Blue with an influx of additional characters. I think it'll mess up Green because Blue people will use Green to level up and gear up their alts with guises and manastones, because they know those characters will end up on blue. They will clog the server with their beards. If there is no moving of characters to Blue, then Green will be populated by people not overly attached to proving something on Blue. I hope Green will be for the pioneers, the challenge-seekers, the <Auld Lang Syne> types.

It'll be hard enough.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually hope the same thing. Some say this because they think it'll mess up Blue with an influx of additional characters. I think it'll mess up Green because Blue people will use Green to level up and gear up their alts with guises and manastones, because they know those characters will end up on blue. They will clog the server with their beards. If there is no moving of characters to Blue, then Green will be populated by people not overly attached to proving something on Blue. I hope Green will be for the pioneers, the challenge-seekers, the <Auld Lang Syne> types.

It'll be hard enough.
Your green characters will have no value once the timeline is complete anyway. It'll be a stagnant server where you will never have anything new to do. Consider how empty that is. What exactly do you expect to pioneer and challenge in an unchanging post-timeline world on an emulator for an easy game? Green's 420th Tunare kill? Nostalgia and social aspects are the only practical answers, but nostalgia will have well worn out by then. I highly doubt there's many people scheming to farm guises on 10 alts so that in 2 years they can spend the following 5 years farming BiS loot for said alts on blue. Not unless they plan on RMT'ing, which likely wouldn't be worth jack since few people will care about blue. Not all of the neckbeards are going to stay on blue because of their pixels and never play green. Plenty of them will play green. Only a handful of likely insane ones will stay on blue, much like what you find on red.. which is what? 40 people?

In any case it's peculiar for people to have attachment issues to something they don't have and won't lose for 2 years when they're already leaving blue to play green to begin with.

On-topic - consider me one of the drops in the vast ocean of innumerable players who have been desperately pleading for a broken unbalanced teams pvp server in a game that wasn't designed for pvp. Aside from that I just want to enjoy classic EQ without twinks/buffs/PLs and be able to level off the exp highway. If I had to ask for completely unreasonable things that will never happen teams then I guess I would say balance the classes a bit and remove ogre's bullshit stun immunity.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Green will be rolled into blue at the end of its timeline, is my understanding of Rogean's intention, though maybe I'm wrong.

Also it's about the journey, not the destination.
Closed Thread