Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

How about this one

Who remembers that post your pic thread?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

I remember hearing stories about Sony banning account that were being sold on Ebay. so to get around it people were selling stupid objects like rocks with the account information written on the rock LOL..

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 09-20-2019, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the entire player base freaked out and forced them to
can i mad lib this?

sig
Old 09-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember hearing stories about Sony banning account that were being sold on Ebay. so to get around it people were selling stupid objects like rocks with the account information written on the rock LOL..
Yes absolutely. The biggest workaround was people selling thier "time" that they invested into the account and would allow the purchaser access to what their "time" had created.

Just as P99 tries to crush RMT, so did Sony. And just as it was 20 years ago, 0 fucks are given by many on what their policies are. The true idiots are the buyers. Paying multiple thousands of dollars for accounts just blows my mind, especially since its not a secret that it will most likely get flagged and banned. I guess its an idiot tax to the overly immersed.

Move to resolved and/or classic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes absolutely. The biggest workaround was people selling thier "time" that they invested into the account and would allow the purchaser access to what their "time" had created.

Just as P99 tries to crush RMT, so did Sony. And just as it was 20 years ago, 0 fucks are given by many on what their policies are. The true idiots are the buyers. Paying multiple thousands of dollars for accounts just blows my mind, especially since its not a secret that it will most likely get flagged and banned. I guess its an idiot tax to the overly immersed.

Move to resolved and/or classic
I'd say just resolved, not classic.

I know for a fact that plenty of RMT went on in live and no one ever got caught. Here, unless you RMT with IRL acquaintances it is all but guaranteed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:45 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Remember Forever Hacking?
Old 09-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol like a weirdo game version of a toy convention.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Don’t remember people selling chars too often. More like one friend would stop playing and another friend would start paying and playing a second account. The big seller in EQ live was Plat purchases with real money. Some guy would have crap gear then the next day he would be decked out in the best gear money could buy.
Now you want to talk about a game that sold chars, Star Wars Galaxies has that problem bad. Some of the folks that got Jedi early on made some good money selling them.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as P99 tries to crush RMT
Please, tell me more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Closed Thread