Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no!

Its more like wizards, if wizards was trying to take itself 100% seriously.

Same director though! So it is very weird.

I watched an interview with him once regarding the animated Lord of the Rings movie, that he directed as well, where he said a homeless person came into his garage studio and said, "I hear you make animation. I want make animate." Like with that weird broken English. And he said "Hell yes!" (because he is nuts like Brad Mquaid) and gave her a scene to work on, I later watched the movie and was like, oh yeah that scene was at a tavern where orcs and stuff were singing.

Im pretty sure I found that scene, the orcs like morph into different shapes like the artist was on acid lol its totally insane.

So yeah your assessment of his movies is 100% accurate haha they are made by people who are nuts.

I appreciate them for a lot of the same reasons I love classic everquest though.
Sounds like something to watch, but without the wife (she truly hated Wizards).

BTW, fun fact: you know the studio behind (most?) of those movies, Topcraft Studio? They would later break up and form two new studios. The first made a little cartoon you may have heard of (Thundercats), while the second became an even more famous animation studio ... Studio Ghibli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last Unicorn
OMG I never thought I'd ever see this movie mentioned on the forums (no one has ever heard of it lol) but OMG I love the Last Unicorn so much even though my friends think it's super bizarre whenever I make them watch it but omg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-18-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like something to watch, but without the wife (she truly hated Wizards).

BTW, fun fact: you know the studio behind (most?) of those movies, Topcraft Studio? They would later break up and form two new studios. The first made a little cartoon you may have heard of (Thundercats), while the second became an even more famous animation studio ... Studio Ghibli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man this is a cool conversation.

Here is another cool animation story I saw!

Ghibli studios was trying to make its first film Nausucaa, but they totally ran out of money!

So they put out an advertisement in a manga magazine that said, "calling all artists! we need people to help us finish this film!" (It was well known because Miyazaki made it as a manga first).

The next day some 18 year old kid comes in with his portfolio of drawings, hair messy, clothes all too big. He sat down and they hired him on the spot!

Later, that animator was given a scene to work on, one where a laser hits this giant scarab thing. ( I tried to find it on youtube just now and couldn't )

The laser hits the scarab, then like a second passes, then the scarab EXPLODES!

He showed the shot to the crew and they were blown away! That day, an 18 year old animator, invented the trope that would be used again and again and again in anime: A laser hits a target, a second passes, and BOOM it explodes.

That 18 year old animator would later grow to create the series Neon Genesis Evangelion. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I love that story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG I never thought I'd ever see this movie mentioned on the forums (no one has ever heard of it lol) but OMG I love the Last Unicorn so much even though my friends think it's super bizarre whenever I make them watch it but omg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a mage named Shmendrick on live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Reading posts out loud to some movie buff friends who visited Ghibli. Interesting stuff, that Bakshi Ghibli connection i havent heard about. Wizards on my watch list now
Old 09-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ghibli studios was trying to make its first film Nausucaa, but they totally ran out of money!

So they put out an advertisement in a manga magazine that said, "calling all artists! we need people to help us finish this film!" (It was well known because Miyazaki made it as a manga first).

The next day some 18 year old kid comes in with his portfolio of drawings, hair messy, clothes all too big. He sat down and they hired him on the spot!

Later, that animator was given a scene to work on, one where a laser hits this giant scarab thing. ( I tried to find it on youtube just now and couldn't )

He showed the shot to the crew and they were blown away! That day, an 18 year old animator, invented the trope that would be used again and again and again in anime: A laser hits a target, a second passes, and BOOM it explodes.

That 18 year old animator would later grow to create the series Neon Genesis Evangelion. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amazing! Anything can happen if u dream of it.

Still have the entire NGE series on VHS
Old 09-18-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards on my watch list now
Just be aware that it is very, very, very 70's, and also very experimental. Think of the weirdest stuff you've ever seen from that era ... and then go way weirder, and you'll have Wizards.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

You want to know just a little bit more magic about that story?

Miyazaki was shopping nausucaa around trying to get funding, but everyone told him that he needed to make it as a manga first to prove that there would be an interest in his ideas.

He was super angry about this but did it anyway.

That manga was the reason he was able to Finnish the film.

Sorry I am spamming RnF with these silly positive stories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YOU GUYS ARE JERKS camping ALL MY MOBS!

There that's better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread