Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who makes a joke about zerg or numbers is just being salty. That is literally the only way to compete with rooted dragons.
Spawn more overlords.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the summit we discussed how intentional trains have (to all our credit) been fleetingly rare on this server for years. We also discussed how they merit especially severe punishment. We didn't just make that up -- it's Rogean's *number one rule* here: https://www.project1999.com/raid.php

All you have to do is not intentionally train on raids, and raid suspensions should be accordingly fleetingly rare as well. But instead of owning this, you guys are lashing out like spoiled brats, and acting like now everything has to be petitioned. No. Just don't intentionally train.

As for your personal attacks: none of that is very compelling, most of it doesn't even make any sense. I'm quite content to be known as someone who doesn't like Ramen, though.
I agree with our suspension. The reason I agree, is due to how obvious it is that Riptoes trained you guys on purpose. And it's only one week. An example needs to be set, you train on purpose, you and your 230 friends can't raid for a week. So don't fucking do it. I have a feeling there will be a quake this weekend. So we'll effectively miss two cycles if so. Personally i'm much more comfortable with the way Llandris has been handling the raid scene. I appreciate Sirken for everything he has done, but sometimes his punishments felt heavy handed. And guild relations may feel strained right now, but nothing compared to the old A/A days. It feels like we have been all trying to get along a little better than before. So that's great.

But this is a slippery slope. It's true that intentional, blatant ass training is pretty rare in our raid scene. But the key word there is blatant. I'd bet $100, but not $1000 that whoever was eyeball pulling @Vulak trained us on purpose to begin with. Why wouldn't you? And i'm not saying it was a guild wide conspiracy, such as, saying in comms "they are standing in the tracks, just pull the flurries out all the way, if it trains them it's their own fault." But I'd be willing to bet whoever did pull those guards out, knew in their own mind DAMN WELL it was going to train us. And not only that, we wouldn't really be able to do much about it due to gray areas of this specific encounter.

The blatant part about the train is that, we were trained by your flurries, Riptoes DA'd, and very obviously ran it to your position. 100% dumb as fuck. Obvious as shit.

Now let's revisit Eashen. We were both positioned to engage. We probably beat your engage by seconds. It was clear that you guys were about to go in. Truthfully, we weren't totally ready for it, but we felt you breathing down our necks and made the move to engage. One of your members could have been mad about it. (I'm unsure of the situation with the cleric in mind) So they switched to their cleric after we had ALL the drakes down, and had Eashen at ~40%. Runs through north door. Whooooooops where did these wyverns come from? Oh it looks like they are on an AM warrior. Truthfully, if i remember the fraps correctly, there was ONE FRAME where you could see the persons name/guild. We almost didn't even have proof that a Riot cleric caused it. Not only that.... but it's the fucking North door. Right before rooted dragons were implemented, there was a raid rule that NO ONE WITHOUT SNEAK/HIDE may enter the north door while an active FTE is out. Everyone who has raided ToV more than once knows that running through north door as a non sneak/hide class is a death sentence unless you know how to time it with server tics. And even then it's sketchy as fuck. Additionally, you guys said for yourselves that the person was completely unresponsive in guild chat.

So my point is, we obviously want to assume that this person didn't do it on purpose. But the truth is, only the person that trained the wyverns on us knows for sure if they did it on purpose or not. And if it WAS on purpose, they did it smart enough to almost get away with it. The only thing we have to go on, is that the cleric's name wasn't very recognized. If it were, just as an example, Cleratani that did the same exact thing, it would seem intentional as FUCK. And how exactly do we know it's not a seasoned raider on a nameless cleric bot?

I see Riot people in here constantly claiming that Riptoes wasn't removed fast enough, or that we only did it because we were about to be suspended and wanted to save face. Then, logs are posted from Riot's guild leader saying things such as "My Co-leaders/officer group will take a look at this situation, make a decision, and make sure we make it right" As if Aftermath doesn't have the same kind of processes. Aftermath is not Detoxx's iron fist. Most of you guys didn't even realize that Detoxx took numerous breaks over the last year or two, sometimes not raiding much for months on end. We have great leadership over here, so you need to assume that Riptoes removal was due diligence rather than dragging our feet.

I don't think you guys should have petitioned us, but I do agree with and understand the suspension.

Regardless of all the nerdy ass shit that is going on in this thread, i'm just glad to have some real competition again. That cycle was the first time we got completely waxed since 2017. See ya'll next week.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how some one who is clearly DA has enough aggro to take mobs away from their camp. DA drop you to bottom of aggro list. It looks like he's the only one with aggro and taking mobs with him.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Four bracelets
TLDR so I fixed.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR so I fixed.
https://youtu.be/AI0gk2KJeho?t=190

Iksar in IRL
Old 06-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how some one who is clearly DA has enough aggro to take mobs away from their camp. DA drop you to bottom of aggro list. It looks like he's the only one with aggro and taking mobs with him.
Fizzle me timbers
Old 06-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with our suspension. The reason I agree, is due to how obvious it is that Riptoes trained you guys on purpose. And it's only one week. An example needs to be set, you train on purpose, you and your 230 friends can't raid for a week. So don't fucking do it. I have a feeling there will be a quake this weekend. So we'll effectively miss two cycles if so. Personally i'm much more comfortable with the way Llandris has been handling the raid scene. I appreciate Sirken for everything he has done, but sometimes his punishments felt heavy handed. And guild relations may feel strained right now, but nothing compared to the old A/A days. It feels like we have been all trying to get along a little better than before. So that's great.

But this is a slippery slope. It's true that intentional, blatant ass training is pretty rare in our raid scene. But the key word there is blatant. I'd bet $100, but not $1000 that whoever was eyeball pulling @Vulak trained us on purpose to begin with. Why wouldn't you? And i'm not saying it was a guild wide conspiracy, such as, saying in comms "they are standing in the tracks, just pull the flurries out all the way, if it trains them it's their own fault." But I'd be willing to bet whoever did pull those guards out, knew in their own mind DAMN WELL it was going to train us. And not only that, we wouldn't really be able to do much about it due to gray areas of this specific encounter.

The blatant part about the train is that, we were trained by your flurries, Riptoes DA'd, and very obviously ran it to your position. 100% dumb as fuck. Obvious as shit.

Now let's revisit Eashen. We were both positioned to engage. We probably beat your engage by seconds. It was clear that you guys were about to go in. Truthfully, we weren't totally ready for it, but we felt you breathing down our necks and made the move to engage. One of your members could have been mad about it. (I'm unsure of the situation with the cleric in mind) So they switched to their cleric after we had ALL the drakes down, and had Eashen at ~40%. Runs through north door. Whooooooops where did these wyverns come from? Oh it looks like they are on an AM warrior. Truthfully, if i remember the fraps correctly, there was ONE FRAME where you could see the persons name/guild. We almost didn't even have proof that a Riot cleric caused it. Not only that.... but it's the fucking North door. Right before rooted dragons were implemented, there was a raid rule that NO ONE WITHOUT SNEAK/HIDE may enter the north door while an active FTE is out. Everyone who has raided ToV more than once knows that running through north door as a non sneak/hide class is a death sentence unless you know how to time it with server tics. And even then it's sketchy as fuck. Additionally, you guys said for yourselves that the person was completely unresponsive in guild chat.

So my point is, we obviously want to assume that this person didn't do it on purpose. But the truth is, only the person that trained the wyverns on us knows for sure if they did it on purpose or not. And if it WAS on purpose, they did it smart enough to almost get away with it. The only thing we have to go on, is that the cleric's name wasn't very recognized. If it were, just as an example, Cleratani that did the same exact thing, it would seem intentional as FUCK. And how exactly do we know it's not a seasoned raider on a nameless cleric bot?

I see Riot people in here constantly claiming that Riptoes wasn't removed fast enough, or that we only did it because we were about to be suspended and wanted to save face. Then, logs are posted from Riot's guild leader saying things such as "My Co-leaders/officer group will take a look at this situation, make a decision, and make sure we make it right" As if Aftermath doesn't have the same kind of processes. Aftermath is not Detoxx's iron fist. Most of you guys didn't even realize that Detoxx took numerous breaks over the last year or two, sometimes not raiding much for months on end. We have great leadership over here, so you need to assume that Riptoes removal was due diligence rather than dragging our feet.

I don't think you guys should have petitioned us, but I do agree with and understand the suspension.

Regardless of all the nerdy ass shit that is going on in this thread, i'm just glad to have some real competition again. That cycle was the first time we got completely waxed since 2017. See ya'll next week.
Well said mate.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
That cycle was the first time we got completely waxed since 2017.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2019, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who makes a joke about zerg or numbers is just being salty. That is literally the only way to compete with rooted dragons.

And 80% of the kills between 200 people is better then 20% kills with 50. And just a damn good time rushing those dragons with an army
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Took out last line cuz raiding isnt fun but finally another person says it.
I agree with the army rush. I like doing that. The current meta dictates such. As for fun..It can be anything but why am I trying to explain this to an adult.

Plenty of other games out there that might be "fun". I use to play FPS games a lot but never considered them fun. I got caught up in the rush perhaps. Looking back on my PC gaming I don't think I have ever played a game that is fun.

... I wasn't sitting at the keyboard rolling with laughter or something. Some messageboard antics have been closer to fun than any game. I don't think I play them for fun or ever have.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Banned

Maybe back in my 1990s PS1 days when sitting in the same rooms with my friends smack talking one another. I suppose that is why I enjoy listening to BS in comms channels.
Closed Thread