Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Default Good 2h weapons for Warriors?

Hey there, was interested in knowing what good 2h weapons are out there at all levels for warriors to use for damage dealing, not quite tanking because dual wielding is the best there.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

1-9: use a one-hander
10-19: dwarven two-handed axe
20-30: Langseax of the Wolves, bone bladed claymore
30-40: gigantic zweihandler, axe of the slayers, executioner's axe
40-50: executioner's axe remains solid, not sure what else there is in classic

Edit: Two handers are generally better for tanking until around level 40 when dual wield starts to actually proc and level-based damage bonus begins to heavily favor fast weapons over slow ones. Also, SSoY begin to proc around that time, which is pretty much the staple cookie-cutter warrior aggro weapon in classic. Actually getting a SSoY or two before level 50 is another matter since the ghoul lord is level 47, so executioner's axe may remain one of the top choices for aggro holding until then (or until you get really high ratio one handers and FBSS)
Last edited by Soothsayer; 11-19-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Old 11-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-9: use a one-hander
10-19: dwarven two-handed axe
20-30: Langseax of the Wolves, bone bladed claymore
30-40: gigantic zweihandler, axe of the slayers, executioner's axe
40-50: executioner's axe remains solid, not sure what else there is in classic

Edit: Two handers are generally better for tanking until around level 40 when dual wield starts to actually proc and level-based damage bonus begins to heavily favor fast weapons over slow ones. Also, SSoY begin to proc around that time, which is pretty much the staple cookie-cutter warrior aggro weapon in classic.
Hey, thank you! Good thing my warrior is a (Half elf) Tribunal worshiper, that Langseax is looking nice. I was just wanting to know because I don't wanna be stuck with just dual wielding (as silly as that sounds) but when I'll have to I can do it for tanking.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, thank you! Good thing my warrior is a (Half elf) Tribunal worshiper, that Langseax is looking nice. I was just wanting to know because I don't wanna be stuck with just dual wielding (as silly as that sounds) but when I'll have to I can do it for tanking.
Just make sure you're amiable with the Halas warrior guild (wolves of the north) before you turn in the barbarian head at the end of the Langseax quest. I had to farm reputation on my gnome warrior before I could do the quest, but it was worth it. You need Paglan to spawn, so you may need to do the quest more than once.

And don't be afraid to tank with it. Your aggro will be much more consistent than if you're using garbage like gnoll hide lariats, and as a bonus, you'll do tons of damage and everyone in your group will love you for that. Ratio is king until Ykesha procs become relevant later on in your warrior career.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Since fatigue isn't implemented yet, use the heaviest thing you want pal. Axe of the Slayers is a good one on the cheap. Weighs a ton but that won't matter.
Closed Thread