Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-21-2016, 07:19 PM
AzzarTheGod AzzarTheGod is offline
Planar Protector

AzzarTheGod's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sullon Zek
Posts: 7,770
Default

After Stone Cold's storylines, Vince's Corporation storylines, Mankind's storylines, The Brood/Gangrel/Edge's storylines, and the Ministry of Darkness storylines wrapped up my care cup emptied out pretty quick.

The Attitude Era had actual real wrestling, real fights, real injuries. Scott Hall got his teeth punched out one match. The company is so PG and safe in what moves it allows and what wrestlers can do I can't get into it.

Take HHH, Rock, Taker and a few other guys off this card and its junk.
__________________
Kirban Manaburn / Speedd Haxx

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 01-21-2016 at 07:21 PM..
  #12  
Old 01-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Pokesan Pokesan is offline
Banned


Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,958
Default

im rooting for hornswaggle
  #13  
Old 01-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Furniture Furniture is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: May 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After Stone Cold's storylines, Vince's Corporation storylines, Mankind's storylines, The Brood/Gangrel/Edge's storylines, and the Ministry of Darkness storylines wrapped up my care cup emptied out pretty quick.

The Attitude Era had actual real wrestling, real fights, real injuries. Scott Hall got his teeth punched out one match. The company is so PG and safe in what moves it allows and what wrestlers can do I can't get into it.

Take HHH, Rock, Taker and a few other guys off this card and its junk.
Ive watched from 1994-2002, stopped watching, and just started again about 8 months ago. It really isnt that bad nowadays, the PPVS are usually good (and only 10 bucks a month to see it + tons of old stuff on the wwe network). NXT is really entertaining too. RAW and Smackdown are usually really bad though but sometimes they get some stuff right.

There is still a lot of blood and violence. Wrestlers are getting injured left and right due to the physicality in the matches, but it does take some time getting used to no chair shots to the head. Other then that i can count lots of times recently wrestlers are busted open and pouring blood, even as recent as last week.

Check out this pic of cena after getting his nose really fucked up during a match on raw a few months ago:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zzUZBhLA-0Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Check out this spot from the last ppv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-x-2C8wt1U

And if you are a fan of the attitude era style intense matches, check out Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match from the ppv 3 months ago, was very intense, bloody, and violent:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b1h8q
Last edited by Furniture; 01-21-2016 at 10:15 PM..
  #14  
Old 01-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Oleris Oleris is offline
Planar Protector

Oleris's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Anaheim ด้้้้้็็็็็้้
Posts: 1,381
Default

aj styles
__________________
<Aftermath> Oleris- 60 epic necro, Olerris- 60 epic monk. Songerino 60 epic Bard

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
  #15  
Old 01-21-2016, 10:25 PM
SamwiseRed SamwiseRed is offline
Planar Protector

SamwiseRed's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 10,155
Default

OP you said you were going to prison this year. You posting from the pen?
__________________
Current Games:
Naw
  #16  
Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 AM
AzzarTheGod AzzarTheGod is offline
Planar Protector

AzzarTheGod's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sullon Zek
Posts: 7,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive watched from 1994-2002, stopped watching, and just started again about 8 months ago. It really isnt that bad nowadays, the PPVS are usually good (and only 10 bucks a month to see it + tons of old stuff on the wwe network). NXT is really entertaining too. RAW and Smackdown are usually really bad though but sometimes they get some stuff right.

There is still a lot of blood and violence. Wrestlers are getting injured left and right due to the physicality in the matches, but it does take some time getting used to no chair shots to the head. Other then that i can count lots of times recently wrestlers are busted open and pouring blood, even as recent as last week.

Check out this pic of cena after getting his nose really fucked up during a match on raw a few months ago:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zzUZBhLA-0Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Check out this spot from the last ppv:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-x-2C8wt1U

And if you are a fan of the attitude era style intense matches, check out Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match from the ppv 3 months ago, was very intense, bloody, and violent:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b1h8q
Thanks, definitely going to check that Lesnar n Taker match.

Admittedly I haven't seen much PPV at all since Attitude and was basing my opinion off of RAW 2005-2012. I remember watching a few RAWs and being like "this is pretty soulless, RAW used to be electrifying".

Those "can't miss" RAW days during the Monday night wars spoiled a lot of people. Even Vince was saying they went too far.

Part of the yearning for Attitude is definitely being young again and nostalgic, but it was a damn hell of a time for pro wrestling. Vince Russo delivered again and again.

I miss J.R. and King together. There was strong talk of JR doing some MMA commentating, would have been cool to have him cross over in his prime from the Attitude era to the UFC.
__________________
Kirban Manaburn / Speedd Haxx

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
  #17  
Old 01-22-2016, 03:42 AM
AzzarTheGod AzzarTheGod is offline
Planar Protector

AzzarTheGod's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sullon Zek
Posts: 7,770
Default

That Hell in a Cell touched on some Attitude Era there for sure.

The Wyatt's have gotten a lot darker and weirder it seems since I saw them years ago. I remember when creative didn't know what to do with them. Def an Attitude vibe now, that ending was really harsh.

Its tough not to hear JR calling the shots on a match like that. His announcing was half of Attitude for me.
__________________
Kirban Manaburn / Speedd Haxx

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 01-22-2016 at 03:45 AM..
  #18  
Old 01-22-2016, 04:38 AM
Furniture Furniture is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: May 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 442
Default

Make no mistake, they still have absolutely no idea what to do with the wyatts. The storyline went to shit two RAWS in after that match and immediately became forgetable. The wwe's biggest flaw since ive started watching again is the storylines, which is why RAW and Smackdown mostly have been unwatchable and i ignored the shows for a long time.

A lot of wrestlers including Mick Foley and Steve Austin have been very vocal about their dislike for the storylines too which I think they are now starting to pay attention to. The fans at last years Royal Rumble almost had a riot due to the booking of the finish and since then they have been putting some effort into the PPVs, like you see in that match.

Vince Mcmahon came back after the last PPV and his involvement as a heel with his antics against Roman Reigns have been hilarious and very close to old school McMahon of the past and sort of saved the show and the ratings have went up. I'd say half the RAWs since the PPV have been good but half of them sucked, which is a good record for RAW this year.

The announcers have been really bad. Booker T and JBL need to be fired. Fortunely they just signed Mauro Ranallo and he debuted on Smackdown two weeks ago doing commentary with Lawler. He was great and the best person to probably announce since Jim Ross. His chemistry with Lawler was really good and Lawler was busting his balls and actually acting like he was in the 90s. Hopefully they'll end up replacing the entire announce team with quality announcers.
Last edited by Furniture; 01-22-2016 at 04:56 AM..
  #19  
Old 01-22-2016, 05:04 AM
Big_Japan Big_Japan is offline
Banned


Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: shrapnel city
Posts: 1,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make no mistake, they still have absolutely no idea what to do with the wyatts. The storyline went to shit two RAWS in after that match and immediately became forgetable. The wwe's biggest flaw since ive started watching again is the storylines, which is why RAW and Smackdown mostly have been unwatchable and i ignored the shows for a long time.

A lot of wrestlers including Mick Foley and Steve Austin have been very vocal about their dislike for the storylines too which I think they are now starting to pay attention to. The fans at last years Royal Rumble almost had a riot due to the booking of the finish and since then they have been putting some effort into the PPVs, like you see in that match.

Vince Mcmahon came back after the last PPV and his involvement as a heel with his antics against Roman Reigns have been hilarious and very close to old school McMahon of the past and sort of saved the show and the ratings have went up. I'd say half the RAWs since the PPV have been good but half of them sucked, which is a good record for RAW this year.

The announcers have been really bad. Booker T and JBL need to be fired. Fortunely they just signed Mauro Ranallo and he debuted on Smackdown two weeks ago doing commentary with Lawler. He was great and the best person to probably announce since Jim Ross. His chemistry with Lawler was really good and Lawler was busting his balls and actually acting like he was in the 90s. Hopefully they'll end up replacing the entire announce team with quality announcers.
just confirming that i did not read any of this
  #20  
Old 01-22-2016, 05:08 AM
AzzarTheGod AzzarTheGod is offline
Planar Protector

AzzarTheGod's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sullon Zek
Posts: 7,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vince Mcmahon came back after the last PPV and his involvement as a heel with his antics against Roman Reigns have been hilarious and very close to old school McMahon of the past and sort of saved the show and the ratings have went up. I'd say half the RAWs since the PPV have been good but half of them sucked, which is a good record for RAW this year.
Pretty good. I might try to tune in if Vince is back for a lil nostalgia.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


The announcers have been really bad. Booker T and JBL need to be fired. Fortunely they just signed Mauro Ranallo and he debuted on Smackdown two weeks ago doing commentary with Lawler. He was great and the best person to probably announce since Jim Ross. His chemistry with Lawler was really good and Lawler was busting his balls and actually acting like he was in the 90s. Hopefully they'll end up replacing the entire announce team with quality announcers.
Yeah I didn't want to outright call it garbage, but its garbage. They went for that "Realistic" fight announcing stuff intentionally I heard, to try to make the product more "real" like the UFC. And it sucked.

Anyone with exposure to late 90s early 2000s tuning in had the same complaint about the new announcers. Which was tons of dead air, and weak hype not doing justice to the matches that were taking place.

Mauro is a huge signing. He knows all the history and his style is basically JR 2.0 with a bigger quirky vocabulary. They desperately need a big voice ever since JR left. Why in the fuck did it take until 2016, that strikes me as bad business. Glad they figured that out.
__________________
Kirban Manaburn / Speedd Haxx

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.