Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Banned

Default Diablo 3 Season 5 is awesome

Season 5 is a lot of fun. I had given up on Diablo 3 but decided to try this season out after taking last season off after getting my season reward. They are finally coming into their stride with gearing and progression and all that jazz.

Can honestly say this iteration of Diablo 3 right now is BY FAR the best ARPG I have ever played.

Learning to feed the cube can be confusing, but it offers so much customization it's unbelievable. Getting specific items is less RNG, but getting the best items still takes time. There is plenty for the neckbeard to do to get Uber, yet the curve is not so strict that it prevents casual play. New season is AAA+ in my opinion
Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

They rush you into "end game" way too fast. Free set at level 70 basically. Then it's just get ancient pieces, perfect rolls, and do Greater Rifts. Took me and my group 3 hours and 45 minutes to hit level 70, which isn't that fast but we didn't have great rng on the rifts.
Power leveled my friend in 24 minutes to 70 with a full group smashing rifts with good rng.

I had full ancient barb earthquake set, paragon 400 and was easily doing GR 55+ solo & grouped after only 3 days of season 5 launch. At which point I was so bored because it was the same thing as last season. Greater Rift pushing for "end game" content. Game needs some serious thought on end game rather then being a grind for perfect rolls on gear.

The seasonal journey challenges were pretty meh, still too easy. Typical blizzard trying to cater to the casual class of people.

The thing I don't get is all the hype for season 5. There wasn't even really any additions to the game other then the free set at 70 & 2 new zones. Season 4 had more game changing additions by far and it got like half the hype this season has gotten.

TL: DR Shit got boring real fast. It did feel more fun then last season while it lasted.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-26-2016 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Banned

set dungeons are petarded

on a sidenote, i've botted D3 since launch and continue to do so

i got suspended for 14 days for exploiting the hellfire passive stacking (which was totally worth it, 18 passives ftw)

blizz doesn't give a fuck
Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Kobold

I haven't played Diablo 3 since right before the expansion came out, which is weird because I did actually enjoy the game play itself a lot. Been trying to find a reason to come back and play my wizard is it worth it? Any major changes?
Old 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soandso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played Diablo 3 since right before the expansion came out, which is weird because I did actually enjoy the game play itself a lot. Been trying to find a reason to come back and play my wizard is it worth it? Any major changes?
The number of changes with RoS from classic are really beyond count. In short, its a completely different game. In my opinion 1000000% better as well. This is what everyone was hoping for at launch, and they have finally achieved it. I would imagine you can pick up the expansion pretty cheap, it's not worth playing w/o the expansion.

The QoL changes are outstanding and make gameplay much more "smooth". Game is solid, you should definitely give it another try.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
set dungeons are petarded

on a sidenote, i've botted D3 since launch and continue to do so

i got suspended for 14 days for exploiting the hellfire passive stacking (which was totally worth it, 18 passives ftw)

blizz doesn't give a fuck
I have always been curious as to what function botting has in D3. They have made botting pretty pointless haven't they?
Old 01-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Banned

I just couldn't get into d3 the way I did with d2. I was playing on the highest possible difficulty until it let me bump it up to torment 4 or 5, honestly cant remember. It was kinda fun as a "wreck everything effortlessly" way, but it got kinda old being so OP.

D2 on the other hand made me obese in my early teens and I had about 6 full mule accounts worth of top quality hell mode drops
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

I played a HC wizard to 70 and ~100 paragon. Finished my seasonal journey, got my set, and quit. The rest of the season would just be rinse repeat boring. All my friends are 500 paragon higher and 10 torment higher than me because of my work schedule. So I can't even play with them without dieing.
Closed Thread