Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Fire Giant

Default Forsaken is a bait and switch guild, steals DKP from members

Hello all,

I made the mistake of joining Forsaken with my wife. We accrued 500 DKP together over several months of raiding. We both made full membership. Not a single time, not even once was I able to bid on an item to use my DKP due to changes in the rules made after I joined.

Currently Forsaken is allowing people who haven't been around and are from old TMO days to become officers and interfere with guild politics. The private members forum is full of drama regarding loot council decisions, members being harassed, and so on. Anyone who is a Forsaken member knows this is true.

Do not join this guild. Its literally a scam of the highest order. I had stopped playing about a month ago when they really started changing policies. I came back and posted to the private full member forum asking various questions including, "Is Forsaken a bait and switch guild?" outlining my concerns. My point was to spur conversation and get serious questions answered that not only I but several other members in the guild were expressing since I had taken a break.

I was banned from the forum and removed from the guild. Nothing was said. I had to login and get members to mention it in guild chat before an officer would respond to me.

Thanks for listening!

Here is what I was told from officer Slydexx:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Members and applicants beware!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Fire Giant

First.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Fire Giant

Default Forsaken is a bait and switch guild, warning to all players

Hello all,

I made the mistake of joining Forsaken with my wife. We accrued 500 DKP together over several months of raiding. We both made full membership. Not a single time, not even once was I able to bid on an item to use my DKP due to changes in the rules made after I joined.

Currently Forsaken is allowing people who haven't been around and are from old TMO days to become officers and interfere with guild politics. The private members forum is full of drama regarding loot council decisions, members being harassed, and so on. Anyone who is a Forsaken member knows this is true.

Do not join this guild. Its literally a scam of the highest order. I had stopped playing about a month ago when they really started changing policies. I came back and posted to the private full member forum asking various questions including, "Is Forsaken a bait and switch guild?" outlining my concerns. My point was to spur conversation and get serious questions answered that not only I but several other members in the guild were expressing since I had taken a break.

I was banned from the forum and removed from the guild. Nothing was said. I had to login and get members to mention it in guild chat before an officer would respond to me.

Thanks for listening!

Here is what I was told from officer Slydexx:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Members and applicants beware!

P.S. I hope moderators will allow this thread to exist here as I consider it important information regarding what amounts to one of the largest guilds on this server being basically a scam at worst and a dictatorship at best.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Aviak

Yikes, removed when criticism vocalized by a member? Sorry you had that experience. This makes me realize why I really love being in AG even though some top end-game items & encounters aren't always within reach. Good people I enjoy elf simming about with is the best.

Chevey
Old 02-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Aviak

Interesting.

Why wouldnt they let a full member bid on loot? What did they say? Other than they "loot council" the good items to 15% of the guild for virtually no dkp loss. Seems like a lot of Forsaken are slaving away for a select few. The 'average Joe' is that guild doesn't seem very geared compared to BDA / Taken / etc.

I keep getting tells about Umbrella/Detoxx drama causing a guild split

Can a Forsaken PR person explain OPs situation. Whatd he do wrong? Looking for an answer when I wake up in 9.5 hours please, don't let me down like my mother did.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Relax kiddo. Maybe they just didn't like you. Ultimately... who cares? They didn't. Why should you? There is a good chance they are worthless. There is also a good chance that you pissed some one off. Get over it and move on with your elf sim life.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wouldnt they let a full member bid on loot? What did they say?
I could bid, but nothing was ever available. Over a period of 3 months there was nothing I could bid on. Everything either went to loot council or ended up split to Asgard since every single raid they're right there with us taking half the loot.

Quote:
Other than they "loot council" the good items to 15% of the guild for virtually no dkp loss. Seems like a lot of Forsaken are slaving away for a select few.
Yep, thats how it works. Loot council gives everything good to a few people at little cost and they retain their DKP to outbid everyone on the rest of the stuff.

Quote:
I keep getting tells about Umbrella/Detoxx drama causing a guild split
What happened is that Umbrella talked a bunch of shit to Giselle/Madmoiselle who selflessly updates all the Forsaken DKP information. Basically just treating her like any other member who isn't part of the inner circle, except he fucked up because everyone loves Madm and she almost solely makes the guild function. Tons of people complained, brought up the same old unanswered issues regarding loot council, etc, etc.

Detoxx was forced to demote Umbrella even though everyone wanted them out of the guild. No doubt they'll be back as an officer in a few months.

I'd love for a PR person to explain what I did wrong too. In my experience a guild full member forum is exactly the place to openly discuss issues you might have with the guild. I'm guessing Forsaken PR will claim I should have gone to an officer or something so they could sweep it under the rug.

I didn't want to talk to an officer, I wanted to talk to my guild.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Banned

"You have no idea how badly you just fucked yourself"

watch OP has a full level wizard, will fight u IRL
Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Banned

so... OP got kicked out of a dead guild?

yikes
Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

I don't care for myself, I've been pretty much done with EQ for a long time. I'm just going to make sure everyone knows this happened so they can take it into consideration when deciding which guild they want to join.
Closed Thread