Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Large Rat

hey thanks a lot people! you're really really helpful!
I finally decided to go with a druid, I'm almost lvl 4
played solo but I think I'll group to kill some orcs
my next class will be definitely a rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does the loot work? do I have to share it manually?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

My first class in 1999 was Ranger and loved it. Very gear dependent but can use a lot of cool weapons and armor. You also get spells at lvl 9 like Druid spells but always behind in the power. You also get the useful tracking skill and the most popular SoW at 39 I believe. You can dish about a lot of DPS,easily pull aggro from weaker classes and can shoot the hell out of a bow. You can do a little bit of everything so it keeps it interesting. You won’t be as popular in groups that need tanks or healers but you bring a lot of skills to the table and are a great puller do to the tracking.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:15 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fare67t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im 100% new to EQ too, especially in the "how tf do i control this" department x3
hey welcome!
I started in great faydark as a wood elf, if I ever meet you I'll be glad to help you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first class in 1999 was Ranger and loved it. Very gear dependent but can use a lot of cool weapons and armor. You also get spells at lvl 9 like Druid spells but always behind in the power. You also get the useful tracking skill and the most popular SoW at 39 I believe. You can dish about a lot of DPS,easily pull aggro from weaker classes and can shoot the hell out of a bow. You can do a little bit of everything so it keeps it interesting. You won’t be as popular in groups that need tanks or healers but you bring a lot of skills to the table and are a great puller do to the tracking.
are arrows expensive in the long run or are they affordable? this is something I've been wondering for a while now
Old 04-30-2019, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger get SoW at lvl 30. Arrows are very cheap to rather expensive, depending on dmg and reach, but u can craft ur own or summon them with an item at lvl 45(tolan bracer)
Old 05-01-2019, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebereke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does the loot work? do I have to share it manually?
The first person to 'loot' the dead mob gets all the money that was on that mob.

if you type /auto in your chat window, you will automatically split this money 'when you loot the corpse' with your group. (type /auto again to turn this feature off)

The split isnt exactly fair, it prioritizes the looter... but over time in a group if you all /auto and different people are looting, it should be good.

Basically it splits each type of coin starting with the looter... so if mob has 5p 5g 5s 6c, eatch person will get 1p 1g 1s 1c apart from the last person in the list who will just get 1c. (i am not sure how the game decides the order here)

------------

For item drops, this is down to the group to decide how to do it.

One person loots all, sells and splits the cash
Taking turns on the good drops (cash drops, gems etc)

For actual items
NBG (Need Before Greed) - item goes to those who its an upgrade for.
Greed - item goes to anyone so they can sell it.
Alphabetical - item goes to next person in the group by alphabetical name who hasn't got a drop yet.

Randomizing.
If you choose to randomize for an item, there is an in game random number generator. Someone will say random 100...

Type /rand 100 and you will be provided with a random number between 0 and 100.
Highest role will get the item.

-------------------

There may be other ways, but the best advice i can give is to make sure you understand how loot is being divided when you join a group so there are no arguments later when something drops.

Also don't be a loot-whore, nobody likes a group member who hoovers up all the loot and constantly moans about missing out on loot.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Large Bat

[QUOTE=Hebereke;2903192]hey welcome!
I started in great faydark as a wood elf, if I ever meet you I'll be glad to help you out!

Okie dokie, ill try and find you possibly~
Old 05-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger get SoW at lvl 30. Arrows are very cheap to rather expensive, depending on dmg and reach, but u can craft ur own or summon them with an item at lvl 45(tolan bracer)
cool! something similar to ragnarok online then I guess, sounds nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first person to 'loot' the dead mob gets all the money that was on that mob.

if you type /auto in your chat window, you will automatically split this money 'when you loot the corpse' with your group. (type /auto again to turn this feature off)

The split isnt exactly fair, it prioritizes the looter... but over time in a group if you all /auto and different people are looting, it should be good.

Basically it splits each type of coin starting with the looter... so if mob has 5p 5g 5s 6c, eatch person will get 1p 1g 1s 1c apart from the last person in the list who will just get 1c. (i am not sure how the game decides the order here)

------------

For item drops, this is down to the group to decide how to do it.

One person loots all, sells and splits the cash
Taking turns on the good drops (cash drops, gems etc)

For actual items
NBG (Need Before Greed) - item goes to those who its an upgrade for.
Greed - item goes to anyone so they can sell it.
Alphabetical - item goes to next person in the group by alphabetical name who hasn't got a drop yet.

Randomizing.
If you choose to randomize for an item, there is an in game random number generator. Someone will say random 100...

Type /rand 100 and you will be provided with a random number between 0 and 100.
Highest role will get the item.

-------------------

There may be other ways, but the best advice i can give is to make sure you understand how loot is being divided when you join a group so there are no arguments later when something drops.

Also don't be a loot-whore, nobody likes a group member who hoovers up all the loot and constantly moans about missing out on loot.
thanks man! that's really helpful. I was just wondering if I should just try to loot before anyone else from time to time like in other games or don't mind at all. It feels like the gear is really important when meleeing at least (some nice guy gave me a wrist that barely gave me some hp and stats but it's really noticeable).

[QUOTE=fare67t;2903433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebereke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey welcome!

Okie dokie, ill try and find you possibly~
nice! my character's name is Cowsnflowers, see you there!
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Large Bat

Woop sorry, got caught up in playing a different game x3
Old 05-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fare67t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woop sorry, got caught up in playing a different game x3
come back! :c
Old 05-07-2019, 03:44 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
come back! :c
I will...but ill be lvl 1 as a wood elf x3
unless you're ok with meh as a Dwarf (cuz im currently camped out at the wood elf home town)
Closed Thread