Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Default When Eye of Zomm is summoned into a wall, it should warp deeper into the dungeon

In-era Monkly Business post, July 2001:

Quote:
Even better, *sometimes* this works through walls. If you face a wall/corner and cast, it can appear in another part of the dungeon *behind* the wall, and if this is in a vertically above/below area, the eye will go to that place.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monk...zomm-t793.html

I often used eyes of zomm to track mobs in NToV from the zone-in. I would cast the eye into a wall facing north, and the eye would reappear in deeper parts of the zone. 4-way, outside Feshlak lair, even up to the triplets. Though the location and distance was random every time.

This mechanic should work here too, since it is classic.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Another good one about the eye warping from that thread:

Quote:
Ya i found out about that thing when you stand up against a wall and cast eye. I was doing it in sebilis underwater against the wall leading up to jail and the eye appeared in trak lair, crypt, grup and other places.

Oh and another couple while I'm here.

Killing eyes of zomm around guards should provoke a response:

Quote:
Newbie tricks. VERY usefull to “play” with newbies. Beware though. If you are near guards, and a newbie attacks your Eye then the guards will take an immediate dislike to said person and stomp them. Your OK though.
Eyes of Zomm should leave short-lived empty corpses:

Quote:
Actually, there is a way.

Have someon kill your eye, and then immeadeately loot it. Once they loot it, the corpse is gone and you are back in control.
Last edited by Dolalin; 04-15-2019 at 08:12 AM..
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Just to point it out, the server already is un-classic on at least one wall hack (the "wall hack through SG" hack). It seems possible they might choose to keep this one un-classic as well.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Most likely will never be implemented, but be careful what you wish for.

This trick is why in classic you lost ability to cast eye of zomm in kedge, because you could cast at zone in, warp to phinny, who in turn would warp to zone in.

These "hacks" are what forced the luclin change of making all eye of zomm spells non agro (would pay money to see those tears)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, AFAIK this change is intentional so you can't pull shit easily from across the zone with eyes being kos at this point in the timeline.

If you're wondering about the mechanics:

In zones Pre-Luclin, summoning an eye of zomm into the wall would warp it to varying locations. By zones Pre-Luclin, I mean zones in the game prior to Luclin. Not that this was patched out with Luclin. When they started designing Luclin zones, they would just design a zone and place all the structures into an empty box of a zone, so going outside the walls wouldn't automatically warp you somewhere (or succor). This is different from classic, kunark, and velious where the boundaries of the zone are more or less the walls the player sees.

Instead, if you go outside walls in a Luclin+ zone, you (or the eye of zomm here) would just fall through the world. Or if you were levitating, you could do this to intentionally travel underneath the world. Was very useful for pulling VT or skipping right along to Rathe Council without clearing trash.
Last edited by pasi; 04-15-2019 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Eyes non aggro would be a great step forward for p99
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eyes non aggro would be a great step forward for p99
Oddly enough, the patch that nerfed Eye Zomm pulling only served to trivialize pulling further by allowing for FD-pet pulling to single pull virtually any mob in the game.

But yeah, once Live nerfed the ability to track via /pet attack #NPC01, Eye of Zomm wall tracking was a decent alternative (for Kunark + Velious).