Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear you, but what happens when your co-jeweler friends try to sell their PFWRings for 275pp or 300pp each? Are we are expected to just fuck off because if that is your position you need to take a step back from this game. Or do we offer them 250pp which I agree is absolutely a reasonable price? You must admit that there are two sides to this and many sellers are just as delusional as are many prospective buyers.

Many of you are taking offense because you have met some dipshit people who do nothing but send lowball tells to people for way below a fair price. Other dipships buy items at a fair price and try to flip them for some bullshit markup.

I am here to discuss those fucknuts, not you and others who do as you do.
To this I say - I have been selling the JC items at the exact same price point for several years. If you are paying 275pp, 300pp, it is because you are not aware of the market. Consumers keep the market in check.

For what it's worth, I don't think 275pp or 300pp is 'out of the ballpark' for what the rings actually do for a character and their cost of acquisition.

Platinum Ruby Veils (7 str /wis) sell for 350pp alllll day long and cost me 252pp on average and I make 98pp in profit. Platinum sapphire necks (7 str / int) cost me 219pp to make and I sell them for 300pp to make a 81pp profit.

PFWR cost me 162pp and I sell them for 250pp, making me 88pp in profit. It's also way more hassle to get you a 55hp/5ac ring considering PRV/PSN are completely storebought.

I wish common sense ruled the market, but alas it does not.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Aviak

I usually sell shit lower than normal, and I'll usually buy something even if I know it's more expensive than usual, simply because I just want to sell/buy and gtfo out of EC.

I'm the worst kind of person.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Banned

Hello,

I am not interested in Trade Etiquette

wait am i getting this wrong
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Someone offered me 50K for a fungi and got mad that I didn't reply. I'm pretty sure he knows the going price of the fungi, so I don't reply back to egregious offers...he should know better. If I feel so offended, sometimes I'll just respond with an LOL.
You'd fail at customer relations. Great business men can talk through any situation. Ignoring someone or being rude in return means either you aren't good at what you do, or you have nothing of interest to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this I say - I have been selling the JC items at the exact same price point for several years. If you are paying 275pp, 300pp, it is because you are not aware of the market. Consumers keep the market in check.
Ignorant consumers is a massive problem in the marketplace both in-game and real world. And can you blame them? With the advent of the internet, the ease of access to find yourself buying fake, second hand or cheap products, is unavoidable.

Now add in that the game world is virtual and money is not as valued as in the real world, you have a market place of different perceptions. A lot of what you think applies in a real economy, does not have the same effect in the game world.

Point in case is your comment about how consumers keep the market in check. Have you seen the prices people pay for items that were 1/3 higher than the 'real' value? This is because they are impatient, ignorant, or can throw money away, which they wouldn't normally do.

Sellers are always going to ask extortionate prices for things, but it's the dumb buyers who set the ultimate value.

Consider the Fungi Tunic. After the King nerf, the price went up another 1/3 of it's value, from roughly 60k to 100k. Sellers do this because they consider the item more difficult to acquire. Buyers go along with this because they think it's only logical. Here's what each side fails to realize :

A) The original tunics were acquired under more favorable conditions (invis pulling). This is akin to having a gentle winter when farming. You had favorable conditions and thus reaped a good harvest. As a seller/farmer, that's a case of 'you win some, you lose some.' This should have no bearing on the market, that's expecting a long standing traditional price.

B) Sellers and buyers fall victim to this idea that the item suddenly carries more value because it's more difficult to obtain, despite it being the same item and having the same effect when using it.

C) The aspect of supply and demand is falsified here because
1. There are /were already tunics in circulation from before the nerf, this is known as aged stock. In the real world, you make every effort to shift aged stock off your shelves first and foremost to avoid risk of cost variance in the future. In the game world, not all items were bought for the purpose of reselling. Thus they have no 'owned' value and the concept of aged stock is lost on people.
2. Just because something is more difficult to obtain, does not mean it's difficult to the point where the average stock levels on the server will see a significant change - and as for this item in particular, it hasn't. EC sales have just as many Fungis now as they did before the patch.

Despite this, the price continues to be more than the item is actually worth and it's the sellers whom have dictated this, to buyers who believe it and support it by spending the asking price.

In this thread we've had people whom are in possession of aged stock, whom possibly didn't even loot it themselves (bought it cheap or got gift from friend). These same sellers will 'lol' or ignore someone requesting 50-60k for a Fungi.
Why should they now be in position to gain almost twice the item value and 100% profit for something they didn't even do? Law of averages? Luck of the draw?

Maybe, but that works both ways - stop being ignorant consumers.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-26-2014 at 05:30 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Its just easier to be a shitbag. This server is full of people who have been through the whole song and dance 1000 times, and are just plain tired of being polite. So instead they either ignore you, or try to mock you.

They assume everyone else is just like they are, a shitbag.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Despite this, the price continues to be more than the item is actually worth and it's the sellers whom have dictated this, to buyers who believe it and support it by spending the asking price.
Yeah, except there is no such thing as inherent item value with imaginary pixel items in a fantasy elf simulator. The items are worth one of two sums: 1) what an npc will buy it for 2) what the average buyer will pay you for it when you wish to sell it. If you don't like what the item is "worth" that day, you can either swallow your pride and sell it, or you can sit on it and hope that people value it more the next day.

Fungi tunics are worth EXACTLY what the average player will pay, not what the average player wishes to pay. They are not "inherently" say 50k. How can you even support that claim outside of "its my opinion"? If the buyers on this server are willing to pay 100k for a tunic nine times out of ten then tunics are worth 100k within that time frame.

There are no such thing as "aged" pixels on this server. We all know exactly what items are, where they come from, how relatively difficult they are to obtain between the "uncommon vs rare vs ultrarare" drop chance, the level of the mob, the rarity of the mob itself, the difficulty of the game, how useful or not useful the item is to the average player, how much an NPC will pay for it, how many people on the server actually want one for a main vs an alt. We know what items will upgrade them in the ONLY future expansion, we know what nerfs will or will not befall them in the future. Perhaps the ONLY thing we do not know for certain is the current total sum of a particular item, outside of some more legendary ones. There are no variables that we have not already taken into account. We are omnipotent in this, for the time being. This is not real life my friend, your intricate economic theories and concepts have no power here.
Last edited by Yonkec; 04-26-2014 at 03:29 PM..
Old 04-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Hello,

I am still not interested in Trade Etiquette; responding per OP request.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I am still not interested in Trade Etiquette; responding per OP request.
It's fine, I bought more plat from platlord, so no need to trade anymore.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

124 posts in 24 days. Well played sir

On topic: I feel a response is polite. Even if that response is not polite. I've told more than a few people to go fuck themselves, but at least I responded! But if I send someone a tell regarding a item I expect a response one way or the other. It's just good manners.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Too many EC fat cats in this thread butthurt over lower prices lately. Dr Swish suggests leaving EC and playing EverQuest for a while, or even going outside... even if you're using ahungry on your mobile.
Closed Thread