Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Files35 has been updated to remove the gamma adjustments.
This new patch... if you type /camp while your character is standing it crashes the client.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the new "everything is sit/stand manually" code. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pufferfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This new patch... if you type /camp while your character is standing it crashes the client.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the new "everything is sit/stand manually" code. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doh, yep same thing here. Well at least you don't gotta wait the 30 seconds or whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 12-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Aviak

Confirmed: Camping while Standing crashes the client, where as of v35, it was requiring you to sit.

Also, spell textures have changed. I recall there was an effort to make the spell graphics look more Classic? I believe that change was undone by the recent patch.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

On red the NPCs in cities are in wrong locations and can't be interacted with (like the bankers and merchants in Felwithe). In Unrest, high level mobs stand in the zoneline, the maze and in MR sometimes but can't be attacked or attack.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gamma seems classic for me. i dont think people realize how hard it was to see in some places in classic. you know, caves with no light were actually dark and shit. too bad whiners gonna get it reverted.
The problem is they adjust gamma instead of 3D world. In "Classic" before Kunark, the 3D world was dark, but with the right equipment spells or racial visions you could see better. Changing Gamma is not the same as "Classic" darker 3D world. Even when the game came out the 1st week you could clearly see your UI, could read textb could see the ikons of the loot, could see PC names. When you change gamma, the 2D graphics affected as well; therefore, not "Classic".

I am curious why the darkness being implemented in the first place? To bring the atmosphere or to force people to experience the first ever made 3D MMPRPG the way it used to be played? Why not change the zone in times to 2-4 minutes the way it used to be with the old PCs and 19200 modems? How about forcing the 3D world to a tiny window in the middle of your screen and 1st person only view? Not allowing custom UIs? That was the "Classic" that was fun. Yes it was fun for the first ever 3D MMPORG, but since then hardware got better, Verant learned from experience and feedback of the players and by the Time Kunark came out, they have adjusted the engine. REMOVED dankness so people did not have to increase their gamma settings on their monitors. Made the game more enjoyable.

For those who think adjusting the gamma to recreate the old EQ experience would be a good addition, there does not have to be a global fix. Just go to your eqclient.ini and change the following line:
Gamma=5

Done.

If not dark enough for you keep reducing the Gamma value. Problem solved. You are happy and the other 90% of the server population happy. And no need to force people to brake their eyes unless they want to.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you so very much.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasqa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not change the zone in times to 2-4 minutes the way it used to be with the old PCs and 19200 modems?
I'm pretty sure I was playing QTest (the beta version of DOS Quake) in 1996 with like a 28.8 modem. By the year 2000 I think they were up to around 200kbps, still not exactly speedy but lighting fast compared to 1996 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks so much guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned

ROFL the gamma fix was a complete failure. Anyone who ever played on EQMac knows how its supposed to be. It was a lighting feature, and not the actual turning down of the gamma. If you don't realize that, you don't remember classic EQ.

This is just a terrible workaround, that doesn't really come close to emulating classic EQ. It should never turn down the luminosity of your UI, also Infravision and Ultravision both are broken, so theres that.

Like I said, terrible workaround, not classic, needs to be reverted

PS: If you wanna see how the real game looks like, come on over to TAK (the Eq mac emu server) they use a version of the client that actually has the correct darkness settings.

Until secrets makes it so you can play this game with the trilogy client, classic lightning aficionados are gonna have to be patient

edit> what I find worse than the staffs inability to test this before implementing it on the live server, is the way some people can come into the thread and troll the people who have valid concerns and reports, for pages and pages, without staff giving them a time out.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: If you wanna see how the real game looks like, come on over to TAK (the Eq mac emu server) they use a version of the client that actually has the correct darkness settings.

Until secrets makes it so you can play this game with the trilogy client, classic lightning aficionados are gonna have to be patient

edit> what I find worse than the staffs inability to test this before implementing it on the live server, is the way some people can come into the thread and troll the people who have valid concerns and reports, for pages and pages, without staff giving them a time out.

"Fresh and clean, no caffeine." *changes channel because of commercial*

>click<