Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-30-2024, 05:20 PM
Banned

Bad advice. Internet says that it's satanic and nudity.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:29 PM
Aviak

The best part about OT hammers is that nobody seems to quite understand prior to getting one that you have to equip it and hit stuff with it and hope for a proc. Everyone seems to think it's a clicky or something.

No, it's a giant heavy weird hammer that is equippable by everyone, and you have to just swing it at stuff like a dope until you get a proc. One of the weirdest and therefor coolest items in the game.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

BIS class for OT hammer is wizard cos it is fun to summon eyeball pets so you can hammer your balls to go poof.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-02-2024, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

OT has no vendors that aren't greedy, and you can't hunt in 3 different Kunark dungeons if you want to maintain faction there.

I would say that's a pretty fair trade off.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best part about OT hammers is that nobody seems to quite understand prior to getting one that you have to equip it and hit stuff with it and hope for a proc. Everyone seems to think it's a clicky or something.

No, it's a giant heavy weird hammer that is equippable by everyone, and you have to just swing it at stuff like a dope until you get a proc. One of the weirdest and therefor coolest items in the game.
Also it's embarrassing if it doesn't proc after a minute or two even though it's all RNG.

The guy you asked to proc off is wondering "why have I done this" as you sit there swinging at him for couple min.

And weirdly the only remedy is being slowed before hand so you swing less times and when it procs it looks like you meant it to.
Old 02-02-2024, 02:58 PM
Kobold

My "evil" dark elf ended up KOS in Outpost and well liked in FV. I did not go out of may way to plan or achieve this, it just happened playing Kunark in a normal manner.

The factions in the expansion are poorly designed. But that's ok because you can cheese them easily in the end, like the rest of the game.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My "evil" dark elf ended up KOS in Outpost and well liked in FV. I did not go out of may way to plan or achieve this, it just happened playing Kunark in a normal manner.

The factions in the expansion are poorly designed. But that's ok because you can cheese them easily in the end, like the rest of the game.
Life for the evil races is supposed to be hard, confusing, counfounding, in every respect. The upshot is that dark elves have by far the best looking armor graphics in the game. Nobody would covet the guise if it made you look like an ogre shaman with tov gear.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OT has no vendors that aren't greedy, and you can't hunt in 3 different Kunark dungeons if you want to maintain faction there.

I would say that's a pretty fair trade off.
What do you need the faction for? You can click the banker through the wall regardless
Old 02-05-2024, 08:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also it's embarrassing if it doesn't proc after a minute or two even though it's all RNG.
Lol true. After about 30 seconds it's like sooooooo... what's new in your life, stranger?
Old 02-05-2024, 08:37 PM
Aviak

Oh and why does being slowed supposedly make you proc your hammer faster? I've never understood the math on that one.

It sounds like slow somehow increases every individual swing's chance to proc, but you're also swinging that much less often.. so does the increased chance outweigh the fact that each opportunity for a proc now takes longer? And if so why?