Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvalar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're into going to Kunark you can get some decent XP in LOIO. If you push to 23/24 you can go to bandit ruins near bandit lake in Warslik's Woods and that will carry you to 27/28 pretty quickly then you can trash brutes in WW till 32 pretty easily (especially with intimidation at 28 & 29 when they can still hurt you).
I don't know WW so well, and bandit lake/bandit ruins aren't marked on map. do you have a loc or description of where it is in the zone?

Edit: Nm, just missed it on the map

Edit#2: FOund the bandit lake...where is the bandit ruins in relation to bandit lake?0
Last edited by Grayskull; 10-11-2014 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Edit: NM, just missed it on the map on the wiki
Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

I went from 22-27 in OT right next to the outpost. Luckily I had my mask of the deceiver to run mobs to the guards if I got overwhelmed, but as a monk with FD that shouldn't be an issue. I then went from 27-30 on the WW giants. Very nice camp. Now I'm heading to the FM giants to give them a shot, if that doesn't work out I'll probably just go to HHK like was suggested above.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

I would also recommend WW. Both giants and brutes - good exp and often people around with to duo with if your gear isn't the greatest.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayskull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know WW so well, and bandit lake/bandit ruins aren't marked on map. do you have a loc or description of where it is in the zone?

Edit: Nm, just missed it on the map

Edit#2: FOund the bandit lake...where is the bandit ruins in relation to bandit lake?0
If you follow the river down from the bandit lake there's some ruins on the left (Northwest) side of river around.. -800,-2600 ish? I'm not certain of the loc. It's about halfway between the lake and the giant fort. The wiki map calls it outcast iksar hut (#11).

There's 3 connected 'buildings'. The middle one has no spawns and you can split the side ones into it if you like. Each of the side rooms has 3 spawns. Manslayers and Pariahs spawn, and Manslayers will go partial/full green eventually, but the exp stays good from the Pariahs (and the manslayers stay exp through to dinging 28 at least, iirc).
Old 10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

How hard will spectres be for a 45 monk with IFS and FBSS? Im kinda tired of DL/FV. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard will spectres be for a 45 monk with IFS and FBSS? Im kinda tired of DL/FV. Any other suggestions?
Any mobs below level 40 you can just fear kite with Intimidation, that's why spectres are great since they are like 37. I did the Feerrott ones since they are all single pulls and you can just fear them around the tunnels, but it gets crowded there sometimes.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvalar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you follow the river down from the bandit lake there's some ruins on the left (Northwest) side of river around.. -800,-2600 ish? I'm not certain of the loc. It's about halfway between the lake and the giant fort. The wiki map calls it outcast iksar hut (#11).

There's 3 connected 'buildings'. The middle one has no spawns and you can split the side ones into it if you like. Each of the side rooms has 3 spawns. Manslayers and Pariahs spawn, and Manslayers will go partial/full green eventually, but the exp stays good from the Pariahs (and the manslayers stay exp through to dinging 28 at least, iirc).
Yeah, I amanged to find it last night. The XP here is really good, good advice going to hunt here.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

Just wanted to say i tried the spectres, and they were doable, but usuaĺly heavy camped. Also, i need some more wr bags for this to be good :-)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to say i tried the spectres, and they were doable, but usuaĺly heavy camped. Also, i need some more wr bags for this to be good :-)
Guards inside Oggok are good too at that spectre level. They are all around 34-37, drop fine steel every time, shields, and crude steins. You can always sneak/vendor the fine steel, and bank when you need. One of my favorite spots.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Just did 24-26 in Everfrost killing mammoths with intimidation. Needed some plats so it worked out great. There's always someone killing ice giants that you can get buffs from. Had a few druids and shamans give me chloro and sow.

I play really late night so zone is mostly empty beside myself and the IG farmers. There are 5 mammoth spawns between Permafrost and Megan's tower and a vendor close to the tower that you can sell the tusks for. It's really crowded during peak hours tho with so many druids charm killing and wizards quadding.
Closed Thread