Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default Lorekeeper Gundlt: Missing response text (and possible Dain / Krystorf scripts)

Checked in P99 and Lorekeeper Gundlt gives no response when hailing, and I'm ally faction.

Did some looking and apparently he instructs you how to hail Dain Frostreaver IV properly. I've no idea if the 'improper' hail to Dain is working or if the 'proper one' is working either, as I'm not interested in poopsocking to find out.

Here is the text you should get from Lorekeeper Gundlt:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...6&p=2#comments
Quote:
[Fri Nov 29 19:59:26 2002] You say, 'Hail, Lorekeeper Gundlt'

[Fri Nov 29 19:59:26 2002] Lorekeeper Gundlt says 'Ahem....yes, hail. I suppose that would suffice in this case. Well, then, hail to you, sir. I am Lorekeeper Gundlt, master keeper of etiquette. It is my duty, as ordained by the Grand Historian, to keep all records and rules on all royal audiences and dealings.'

[Fri Nov 29 19:59:34 2002] You say, 'What rules on all royal audiences and dealings?'

[Fri Nov 29 19:59:34 2002] Lorekeeper Gundlt says 'Why, Frostreaver IV, of course!. All who wish an audience must first consult with me to be educated on the proper way to address our great Dain. Do you wish an audience with the crown?'

[Fri Nov 29 19:59:42 2002] You say, 'I wish an audience with the crown.'

[Fri Nov 29 19:59:42 2002] Lorekeeper Gundlt says 'Very well, then. When you approach our king you must keep your head bowed and eyes focused approximately 5 to 6 feet in front of you. When you first see the boots of our Lord you must kneel before him and touch your forehead to your knee. At this point you may rise and address the king. He will not respond to the popular and mundane "Hail." You must say, 'Greetings and good fortune to you, honored Dain Frostreaver IV.' Remember to mind your manners when in the presence of the Dain for his guards are fiercely protective of him.'
Apparently this was how you 'discover' the King Tormax Head quest, my guess is it could have been used to test if your faction is good enough to receive the quest chain, but I don't know what his response(s) should be if your faction is too low?

Improper Hail to Dain:
Quote:
[Fri Nov 29 19:56:30 2002] Dain Frostreaver IV regards you as an ally -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:39 2002] You say, 'Hail, Dain Frostreaver IV'

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:39 2002] Chamberlain Krystorf says 'YOU do not speak to the Dain so formally, Iksar! Maybe you should return to our temple to learn more of proper custom when in the presence of a Dain of Thurgadin.'

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:40 2002] Chamberlain Krystorf begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Nov 29 19:56:41 2002] Dain Frostreaver IV is surrounded by an aura of Divine Favor.
NOTE: I'm unsure if Chamerlain Krystorf is meant to 'buff' Dain as part of the script, as in you insulted his king and he gives him some kind of protection and/or scares you by casting a spell.

Proper Hail to Dain:
Quote:
[Fri Nov 29 19:56:45 2002] You say, 'Greetings and good fortune to you, honored Dain Frostreaver IV.'

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:45 2002] Dain Frostreaver IV says 'Greetin's and good fortune to yerself, Iksar. Chamberlain Krystorf speaks highly of the deeds you have performed for our people and so I welcome you to my Keep. I ask you now to take up a most dangerous duty for our people. Would you accept such a challenge from the King of a people not your own?'

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:52 2002] You say, 'I will accept such a challange.'

[Fri Nov 29 19:56:52 2002] Dain Frostreaver IV smiles at you with pride and says, 'Something told me you would, (Insert players name here). For years upon years the plagues of King Tormax have been unleashed upon my people. And indeed it was also by Tormax's hand that me own father, Dain Frostreaver the Third was slain. My attempts at assassinating him have only met with failure, and our forces, while strong, are not yet mighty enough to assault Kael Drakkel. Therefore I have ye and yer companions as my last hope, (Insert players name here). Kill that ******* who calls himself King Tormax. . .and bring me his head!
NOTE: I believe the '*******' is a language filter on ZAM or from the EQ logger, probably said 'bastard'.

Perhaps if faction is too low he may just not respond to 'I will accept such a challenge.' or not respond at all to the first part? /shrug. Found this mention about high amiable needing the quest text (I'm assuming he did the 'proper hail sequence' here):
Quote:
Aug 02 2001 at 1:56 AM
If you get to high amiable with Dain, he will give you a quest. He asks you to kill Tormax and bring him the head. I have no idea what the reward is. All I know is that you can get it at high amiable. I was low amiable and he didn't talk to me. Then after a raid of the Tormax area, and 2 sets of giant helms later, I was still amiable but he finally talked to me directly. Good luck killing Tormax.
Current live seems to require same faction:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=4251
Quote:
Dain Frostreaver IV judges you amiably -- looks like quite a gamble.
This creature would take an army to defeat!
You say, 'Hail, Dain Frostreaver IV'
Dain Frostreaver IV says, 'You have done what no Coldain could do, Beriberi! This is indeed a glorious day in our people's history. In return for your invaluable service I present you with the Tri-plated Golden Hackle Hammer. Its magic is powerful and I am sure it will serve you well.'
Dain Frostreaver IV shouts, 'Let it be known from this day forth that Beriberi and their companions are Heroes of the Coldain Kingdom. King Tormax has been slain, it is a time for celebration. Let no tankard go unfilled!'
[Thu Mar 15 21:22:53 2018] Your faction standing with Dain Frostreaver IV has been adjusted by 100.
[Thu Mar 15 21:22:53 2018] Your faction standing with Coldain has been adjusted by 100.
[Thu Mar 15 21:22:53 2018] Your faction standing with King Tormax has been adjusted by -50.
[Thu Mar 15 21:22:53 2018] You gain experience!

works at amiably (the turn in took me to kindly), but didn't work at apprehensive on another character.

Found corroboration in later posts that the script logs (although out of era) are most likely accurate for the era:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...6&p=4#comments
Quote:
May 20 2001 at 5:41 PM
Kill kill kill, that's all anyone ever thought to do with this guy? He DOES give quests. If you hail him, the Chaimberlain will tell you something about proper manners and send you on your way. The Dain didn't even react. However, in the churche of underfoot in thurgadin (I know, there is a church of underfoot in kaladim, but there's one in thurg too) there is a loremaster who will inform you that the proper way to hail the dain is to say "Greetings and good fourtune to you honored dain frostreaver VI". I went and said that to him, and got a refrence to Glacierbane in EW (For the ring quests). AND an emote from the Dain! (This is with the dubious faction non-dwarves start with to the dain faction). A quest from him given to people with better faction involves giving the Chamberlain helmets from Kael Drakkel. Presumably people with very high faction will be able to get a quest for king tormax's head, and possibly something else.
I'm confused on this part a bit, as it says it is dubious faction for the hail but referred him to Glacierbane in EW for ring quests, and no clue what the emote from Dain should be (/bow? /salute? some kind of 'get out of here' wave of his hand?). Looked into this a bit further and it seems his response for maybe 'good but not good enough' faction is detailed in this post (I guess the Chamberlain says it, not Dain):
(this is Chamberlain Krystorf's page)
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...9&p=2#comments
Quote:
Jan 14 2001 at 12:30 AM
At dubious he won't give you the quest but you can still hand in the helms for faction.

After that if you go and talk to the Dain and say "Greetings and good fortune to you honored Dain Frostreaver IV" if your faction is high enough the chancelor guy will say "The Dain is pleased with your progress, I have a writ of the dain which may suit your tallents" if your faction isn't high enough you will be told you may need to help out some in EW.

I am Amiable to the Dain, still haven't gotten any new quests from him yet.
Quote:
Nov 10 2003
That's how you get the detail for the quest:

You say to Chamberlain Krystoff,"What writ of the dain".

He gives you a note that details all this.
ZAM and even the wiki are missing the scripts, I tried 'What writ of the dain' and he doesn't give a response. Apparently this is a physical note he hands that gives details of the helm quest? I don't have a live character to test, hoping someone can give that a shot and post the text from the response and note given.

Anyways, sorry its late and I need to post and go to bed. I am not able to poopsock Dain to test that portion, so hopefully some / all of those hail response scripts are working?
Old 06-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

OK less tired and a summary of what I think is needed... i can't find this info online, believe it needs to be taken from live servers...

Dubious to ? talking to Dain with 'proper hail' - gives some kind of reference to Glacierbane in EW (presumably Krystorf says this text). Need logs of text and/or follow-up responses

? - Low Amiable talking to Dain with 'proper hail' - gives some text from Krystorf which can lead to Giant Warrior Helmet quest. Need logs of text as well as text from the note you get (screenshot showing what the 'writ' looks like you receive as well)

Can anyone help a brother out?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quick follow up, reading through Vaslin Slickfinger's EQ Compendium:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020608...compendium.htm

He has texts and what appears to be a description of the emote Dain does to you with proper faction. Also has what Krystorf's response should be after you ask 'What writ', and apparently the item you receive detailing the Giant Warrior Helmet bounty is called 'Writ of Thurgadin', but I don't see any information online for it, so will need someone to obtain it on live I suppose.

Quote:
You say, 'Greetings and good fortune to you, honored Dain Frostreaver IV'

Dubious: Dain Frostreaver IV seems to stare right into your soul with his one good eye. A chill runs down your spine.

Amiable: Dain Frostreaver IV smiles at you and nods his head indicating he has been please with your progress.

Chamberlain Krystorf says, 'The Dain is pleased with your progress Dain Frostreaver IV , but you still have work to do if you truly wish to help our people. I have here a writ from the Dain that might suit a Race of your talents.

You say, 'What Writ?'

Chamberlain Krystorf says, 'Here you are Vaslin , good luck and may Brell watch over you.

Receive Writ of Thurgadin
Note that 'Vaslin' should obviously be your character name, and not sure if the typo of 'he has been please' is legit or re-typed from logs.

So I gather from this if you use proper greeting but are at least dubious, Dain just stares at you with the flavor text. Note that the previous ZAM comment said Dubious gave the nod emote and lead to the Krystorf bounty text, but he said 'starting dubious faction' where I have seen others claim starting faction is Indifferent with at least good races (or maybe Brell races).

You raise it to 'Low Amiable' and you get the nod emote and flavor text, at which point Krystorf chimes in with the quest text. Note that this proooobably occurs at either apprehensive or indifferent. But it confirms some previous comments that 'Low Amiable' would not give the Dain response for the King Tormax head quest. I do not know what that precise faction level should be to get it (paging Aalderan).

Again, not sure if some of this is implemented already as I am not able to poopsock Dain.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

I think there may be a bigger issue in thurgadin / icewell going on (perhaps other zones), last night I re-checked Lorekeeper Gundlt and his responses were all working (Krystorf was still not responding to 'writ' line of text however). I checked my log from when I made this post and Lorekeper Gundlt was definitely not responding (was not sneaking or invis).

Odd that it is now working, and coupled with Telin receiving a Councilor Amberfeld response when I was not and the Loremaster Sarl anomaly described here leads me to think there is some kind of scripting bug / memory problems with the NPCs.

I think there was a quake recently, so perhaps that reset Lorekeeper Gundlt and others and got their responses working?
Old 03-11-2023, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

FYI I obtained the "Writ of Thurgadin" on live server, it looks like a wurmscale scroll icon. The phrase of just "writ" obtains it from Chamberlain Krystorf.

It is LORE, No Drop, No Rent
Size: TINY
Weight: 0.1

Lore text:
Signeted by the seal of Dain Frostreaver IV

When right clicking the scroll icon opens up and it reads:

Quote:
To All Citizens of Thurgadin,

By Royal decree, the treasury of Thurgadin is now
offering a bounty on Giant Warrior Helmets. Please
collect these and turn them into Chamberlain
Krystorf in sets of four, no more or less for storage
reasons. A bounty of 5 platinum pieces per helm
will be rewarded upon receipt.
Dain Frostreaver IV
Sovereign King of the Coldain
Spacing is accurate, will PM a screenshot. Not sure if implemented on P99 or not