Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

The social behavior required for true swarm kiting makes it seem more sensible to me. Plus, it's the actual term we used back then and that makes us right by default. Not sure what server you come from but they sound like a backward people.

Kids play their rap music too loud.

Red99
Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Kobold

No it really doesn't. It fits "Charm kiting" because you're charming. And because it seems sensible to you, does not make you right anymore than us, because its a giant swarm being killed.

Get off your old timer higher horse. I'm thirty, I'm not a child. Seriously invest in some meds because your old age is turning you into an irritable cunt.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Goddamn kids got no respect.

Red99
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Refer to previous point saying it's earned. You have shown me none, ergo deserve none.

Let's see helpful posts when people ask questions instead of belittling their choice of terminology because you don't agree. Then maybe you'd get some.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Back in my day, we didn't have FD pullers or shaman buffs/slows. We worked hard for what we had, and every bit of it was earned. Today's generation feels entitled to easy kiting and epics. You know what my guild had to do to get my epic? Do you? We didn't get to MQ trak loot at level 1 like you're all used to today, no siree. We fought off hordes of lighties in a blistering hot jungle (that was haunted btw), uphill both ways. People were ghosting all over the place, it was hell. And now you've got your fancy new UIs that make instrument swapping simple and easy just the way you like it. We had to take up our hotkey spots if we wanted to swap instruments like pros, and bards have a lot of buttons that need pressing. Look at all the skills bards get! Plus the constant twisting... you know how many hotkeys we had back then? Not nearly enough is right.

If that's not deserving of respect I don't know what is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 03-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Again, I played with the old UI and full screen book medding. You still deserve zero respect with your trolling.

I leveled an Iksar SK to 60 pre-velious xp penalty reduction, if your tomfoolery deserves respect, mine does plus some.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugrask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, I played with the old UI and full screen book medding. You still deserve zero respect with your trolling.

I leveled an Iksar SK to 60 pre-velious xp penalty reduction, if your tomfoolery deserves respect, mine does plus some.
Anyone that leveled up in classic EQ deserves some respect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But you don't see me calling FD pulling fear kiting, or mixing up the term "lifetap" with "harmtouch".

Red99
Old 03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP CHEWIE NOOOO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because as usual, shes right and youre wrong

ps no one cares what level your iksar was
chewlover whiteknighting? didnt think id see the day

this must be serious
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Hey wrench, buff me
Old 03-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Those are actual names of spells defined in the game. Charm Kiting, AE Kiting, Swarming are all shit people made up, and you use charm in your kiting...so charm kiting. Logic, you lose. The end.