Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Ready to play, but how?

Hello all! Very excited at the chance to play the real EQ again. Games like WoW and EQ2 were always so fast paced I never got the enjoyment out of them that I did from the original EQ. So I'm ready to go!

However, is the only way to play P1999 to spend $200 on Titanium? I'm not asking for anyone to tell me how to get it illegally, seriously, I'm just not able to afford $200, (I just bought a new gaming laptop) - is buying an expensive hard copy the only way to go about this?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Download it.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

EQ titanium is no longer distributed by the publisher. the only versions you can get are illegally downloaded (filled with viruses) or lucked out at a secondhand game store. if you know someone who has a version, you could get it from them.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(filled with viruses) .
That is not true, please do not spread misinformation. The highest seeded version on the most popular torrent site has no viruses - confirmed by myself and many others.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is not true, please do not spread misinformation. The highest seeded version on the most popular torrent site has no viruses - confirmed by myself and many others.
i admit i havent downloaded titanium in over 5 years, but i do remember there being a seeded version that had viruses in it. so if its safe then great, but you are still taking a risk.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Kobold

thirded the highest seeded version on the bay workes great for me virus scan ran clean.

Best Bit torrent client i've found is Tixati
Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i admit i havent downloaded titanium in over 5 years, but i do remember there being a seeded version that had viruses in it. so if its safe then great, but you are still taking a risk.
No less risk than installing the files from this very site, which you will need to do to play the game regardless.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
EQ titanium is no longer distributed by the publisher. the only versions you can get are illegally downloaded (filled with viruses) or lucked out at a secondhand game store. if you know someone who has a version, you could get it from them.
Not illegal if you bought EQ in the past which i'm sure 99% of us did.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Old account

I did indeed have an old account I MIGHT be able to surface. However, I thought I read in the instructions not to patch, so I wasn't sure if I downloaded EQ Titanium strictly online if I would be okay to play P1999 after the download completed.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
are you fuckin high? do you think before you post?
Closed Thread