Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm trying to think of a reason to bind there. I depend on ports for all my getting around.
the reasons are a nobrainer for oldworld destinations

vox = hallas pot
guk = grob
fear = oggok
phinny = bb
hole = erudin
naggy = neriak
freeport = ec tunnel

argueable for kunark destinations maybe and not so important anymore for velious

even my wiz on red is bound at pots
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Last edited by Zoolander; 09-26-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Old 09-26-2020, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

My Blue SK is still bound on the TD spires, tremendously useful in Kunark era. I probably would have rebound in Velious, but I didn’t play much Blue by then so didn’t bother. The reasons:
  • CRs are easy. Did you wipe in Sebilis? I can run back from Cabilis very quickly (few minutes); this one will be tough for the [vast majority of] players that just sit at their bind point lazily after dying instead of doing anything productive. Get fucked when Master Yael bugged out (or some other Hole shenanigans)? That one is even faster. If you have no one left alive, or that player is a total wuss and scared of merbs, you’ll want to get there yourself and clean up faster. If I drag my cleric to entrance, the CR is pretty much over. If I’m stuck begging for drags, it could easily be a half hour and most likely loss of the camp.
  • Shopping. No matter where you are, you can always shop while dead. Pretty much anywhere. Somebody needs a spell? I’ll grab it. Gems/reagents? No problem. Grab something from EC? I got it, rez me back in a minute.
  • Very close to all ports. Can be a click away from any wizard or druid port for your CR. As a melee, it’s a max of one extra zone load. I’m usually bound in Oggok otherwise which isn’t all that fast to Druid ring or wiz spire; adding a zone load (like 3 seconds or whatever) is a bargain to have the option of any city instead of being tied to just one.

P.S. Most players on Blue were afraid to run through Cabilis. It’s an amazing shortcut. It was very often faster than waiting for a port. The run from Cabilis to Sebilis is a very short one, you’re in TT quickly and the ZL isn’t far from OS. Do work.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 09-26-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Closed Thread