Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Aviak

I had more than one toon on it from the same account. both toons needed the jboots. I personally sat there for 11 hrs to get them for one toon at number 1 and conceded my toons second slot because i knew there was no way i was staying there to do it again. also one of the individuals who was after my second toon had been there just as long as I had and I wasnt doing that to them. no way in hell I would spend 11 hrs there again just to sell the MQ. personally since they locked the list I feel its working much much better.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but boxing is gay and not allowed here. The ultimate self-gimp is getting banned. Also you can't play two characters from the same account even if you are boxing, I'm sure you know this recondojoe
Who said anything about boxing? I'm saying why not constantly sign up with every single level 50 character you own? I bet half the people on the list aren't even online ATM. They don't actually check.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaldaben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had more than one toon on it from the same account. both toons needed the jboots. I personally sat there for 11 hrs to get them for one toon at number 1 and conceded my toons second slot because i knew there was no way i was staying there to do it again. also one of the individuals who was after my second toon had been there just as long as I had and I wasnt doing that to them. no way in hell I would spend 11 hrs there again just to sell the MQ. personally since they locked the list I feel its working much much better.
I'm not saying you would, but people are weird. How many people farm Dhamp in Mistmoore for 12 hours straight for a chance at a Hooded Black Cloak dropping so that they can sell it for 1.8K PP? This happens pretty much 24/7 on Green.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you want it as a clicky: http://wiki.project1999.com/Star_of_Eyes

There's literally no reason to waste time with this camp at all
Didn't know about this quest, gonna do it this week. Thanks for the heads up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2020, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't know about this quest, gonna do it this week. Thanks for the heads up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use it on my Shaman, but the range on it is kind of short, and you do have to have a target.

There may be a /macro that lets you target yourself, click star of eyes and swap back to original target? If so that would solve a lot of the issues I have with it.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:20 PM
Large Rat

That is an interesting way to put it.
Normally people who are at the AC camp are pretty much in agreeance of how it happens.
If you want on the list as a "main" then your name gets added. If you want to log to an alt then your alts name gets added after your mains: Main (alt).
If none of the above main/alt is online at the moment of transfer, then it falls to the next in line.
Its that easy really..

But i guess i can write a story of how i was having trouble contacting people on the list, just to make a big story out of it. Here goes: One day when i logged on - i was camped out at AC in OoT, i saw someone at AC camp. I said "hi" and they replied "hi" back. I though "hey should i ask if i could be put on the list" and i did so. They replied back;you will be added rigth away!

I was estatic and thougth "YAY". They then offered me a list in /ooc that went like this:
/ooc "AC camp; Currently holding X; Next main(alts name); Next one(alt); me

I had nothing better to do, so i waited around. Soon enough the AC appeared, and tells was send to "next main, then next (alt)" none of them were on. Next tells went for "next one, then next ones (alts)" none of them were on. So i fell to me to take the camp.

That does not seem unfair to me. If you are on then you can get the camp, if you are there within the next 6 min 30 sec spawn. If you are not on - even if your name is on the list - then the next one takes your place?
Old 09-26-2020, 12:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not sure why it's any different than blue, if you want on the list you should be at the camp (or at the very least come to the camp to be added then stay in the zone, online) - I was skipped twice, even though I was 100% online one of the times and was bound at AC just so I could get there.

When I inquired I was told they contacted everyone and it skipped like 45 people, which I find hard to believe.

The third time I went and sat at camp, proactively contacted the person who was #1 and made sure they knew I was online and in OOT and I finally got the ring that day.

It should 100% be like blue tho, person camping it holds list, if you want to be added you need to be online and in OOT
Old 09-26-2020, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh
100+ people
THIS ^^

No AFK check = no need to be at camp = list goes to 100+.

I have a question. What do you want to do once you get your item after a super long camp and you're tired? You want to go through 20-30 people to individually send tells and see if they are online...

Sounds like long camps for a single sought after drop without /list function are working out real well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2020, 03:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THIS ^^
You want to go through 20-30 people to individually send tells and see if they are
This isn’t what you do. I don’t know what people are doing, but if it’s this then don’t. Camp rules require next up to be there in person or able to arrive before next PH or spawn. That wrong behavior is what started this whole thread iirc

The list only determines who of two or more people present have precedence. It is a player agreement with no real teeth on its own. That is all.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:57 AM
Aviak

that is the expectation of most people on that list. They bind at camp and get a nice tell of precisely when to gate and instantly take over the camp. A while back the camp was left completely unattended and the guy who got their ring decided to corpse it and camp another, which is 100% legal on an uncontested camp, and sparked an enormous shitstorm from butthurt lazys denied their welfare boots.
Closed Thread