Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb question from the noob: What are "group shared XP modifications," and how were they changed in January 2001?

Looking forward to the upcoming changes! Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this server. I can't express enough how much joy it's brought to me and my friends.
Here is a post containing the original January 2001 developer letter that details the exp and group modifications. Whether or not it is implemented in the exact same manner here is TBD.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=13
Old 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well what im getting at is, is it a valid strat to train. it either isnt or it is. basically what im asking.

and the problem is see here if it isnt a valid strat, do you guys have guides set up for every zone?
As I said. I dunno. If you were on 10 hrs a day training ppl. All day. There would eventually be repercussions. By other players likely. Someone with ur account pass, go buy $10 of plat from platlord. Buhbye. Easy as that. Perfect way to grief. And fairly cheap.

H
Old 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Orc

Discord server with item loot sounds like incredible fun. Great work! Imagine the intensity of fearing death and hoping to get your hands on useful items all the time. Should the staff open a permanent Rallos Zek-like server later I'd be really stoked. For me EQ PvP without item loot is kinda spiritless.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discord server with item loot sounds like incredible fun. Great work! Imagine the intensity of fearing death and hoping to get your hands on useful items all the time. Should the staff open a permanent Rallos Zek-like server later I'd be really stoked. For me EQ PvP without item loot is kinda spiritless.
If/when Teams happens I think Nilbog mentioned definitely trialing item loot... I'm no pvp maverick but I think for entertainment's sake it would be great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Good to know the only people playing this server will be Empire training each other on different toons.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

although discord server sounds fun, it just seems like it will take away pop from red
Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a post containing the original January 2001 developer letter that details the exp and group modifications. Whether or not it is implemented in the exact same manner here is TBD.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=13
holy shit that's confusing as hell.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Orc

That feel when you've only played here for 5½ years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for 6 years of dedication to the community Nilbog, Rogean & staff. Velious launch was amazing and I haven't had this much fun on p99 in a long time!
Old 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Extremely excited to see this. Was there on live when it happened and was big hit. Can't wait
Closed Thread