Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

How many of those 1 million made it to level 2? So many good names "on hold" that have been forgotten about by people who no longer play... personally I'd axe any level 1s holding a tome of discord (likely to not be mules) and let the name pool have some half decent ones in.

Sincerely,

Agalauigxx (all the good names were taken)

I found P99 while looking up a quest on Allakhazam in 2010, while in my final days playing live. Someone in the comments had it in their signature.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swamp brothers!
Boys from the swaaaamp!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"started from the bottom now my whole team here"
Old 12-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Was my birthday back in 2010 and I missed EQ so I logged back into my EQLive account. Didn't recognize anything so decided to see if there was an EMU that worked online. Found a few others then came to P99. Saw a *LOT* of bad reviews citing missing content and game breaking bugs (like pets not working, boats not working, lifts not working, bad pathing, etc) but decided to give it a shot.

Spent the entire evening trying to get the game installed and loaded up a new druid in Faydark where I found out the lifts DID work. You just had to hit the button twice. At that point I decided to throw out all the shitty forum posts I read and continue playing.

I fell in love with the game again almost immediately. I actually miss those days of no expansion packs.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Banned

Fun fact: over 25% of these characters have been tagged as BDA at one point
Old 12-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of our wayward brothers at EQClassic.org....has anybody heard any actual news from that end of the classic EQ universe lately?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Got a twinge of nostalgia one day, and looked up my old guild. I found the nearly dead former EZBoard MB, and someone mentioned P99. After much begging, a few weeks later, the wife allowed me to play a bit.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Asshole friend texted me about P99.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boys from the swaaaamp!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"started from the bottom now my whole team here"
kinda my new favorite ss
Old 12-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kinda my new favorite ss
I feel really bad for that poor little froglok...wtf are they about to do to his froglok corpse? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Years back a close friend got some free EQ live game time and allowed me to play on his account. shortly after that we started playing on Shards of Dalaya. That was pre-p99. Long story short we played Shards less and put eq down for a while. I always kept an eye on EQ EMU and mid 2010 I noticed Project 1999 boasting it was going to recreate the classic experience of EQ. Back in 2010 P99 was a lot more rough then what we have now so I didn't stick around for long.
Move the clock forward to 2014 and I decided to re-try p99 to see how its progress was coming along. After seeing the progress that had been made since 2010 I decided to spent a lot of time on p99 and also got my old close friend to come play p99 with me.
Here we are almost 2016,. I have 2 characters very near level 60 and many fond memories. It's been a blast! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread