Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Large Bat

Default Are there enough people on blue? Just curious

I want to return to EQ after last playing as a teenager, but with the experience of original to Velious. I tried the Teal, but I would really like to be able to go to Velious and such instead of waiting a year or more.

The question is, are there enough players on the Blue server to even group with, do things with, or is the population too low? Is it mostly box players?

I remember Velious and Kunark being so much more fun with a mid range bard than I do with no expansion. But if the population on blue is too low than I may just suffer through the long wait for expansions!

Any reply wold be helpful.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

"too low" depends on what you want to do. I've been able to find consistent groups in Unrest, HHK goblins, City of Mist, and Karnor Castle. That being said, they might not be ideal sizes or compositions. You will likely need to solo some of the time. Going to EC during peak hours or weekends will likely allow you to get cheap mid range gear and buffs from the remaining players there.

That being said: If you want a 6 man group every night in any zone you want it ain't happening on blue.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantabile1972 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is, are there enough players on the Blue server to even group with, do things with, or is the population too low? Is it mostly box players?
Multi-boxing is against the rules on all P1999 servers and players who do it are aggressively banned. If you weren't aware of it, you are now. Don't do it if you want to stick around here. The players you see in-game are individual players. Even with "Blue" population taking a hit due to the new servers, it still has a pretty good population.

Danth
Old 11-17-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Multi-boxing is against the rules on all P1999 servers and players who do it are aggressively banned.
I assumed he meant people who sit afk in tunnel or camps while playing a second toon on Green or Teal (which is allowed), but could be wrong.

For what it's worth I've done /who count a few times and it seems to be about 1/3 to 1/2 of the population is still "leveling" with toons between level 10 and 50, with the assumption that most under 10 are mules and over 50 are raiders.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Large Bat

Default Thanks all for the replies

Glad boxing is frowned on!

Anyway thanks again for the info...
Old 11-17-2019, 09:34 PM
Banned

plenty of people on blue willing to help new folks too
Old 11-17-2019, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Nah, not really.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Not like it was, you missed out. I'm playing on the new servers but blue really was a great experience despite the reputation for mudflation and "toxicity".

You can do it though, you just have to be able to stomach a solo friendly/naked friendly class. Maybe you still find groups but if you slog it out on a necro or druid or shaman or some shit you can probably get into a raid guild eventually, unless the population tanks even harder.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:23 AM
Skeleton

I'd go teal/green if i were you. I'm playing on Blue as a necro atm and its pretty lonely out there.

Rolling teal/green may not be as big of an issue as you think, depending on how much you play.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Blue is no doubt slower right now, but I don't mind it. It's nice not having to compete for camps. You're not going to be getting groups left & right, but plenty of groups can still be formed leading to smaller & more interesting compositions which I find more fun anyway. Never understood the appeal of always wanting full groups, which typically the xp is awful and nobody is really playing their class to its potential. Raid scene is still pretty active on Blue as well, so join a guild and make some more friends if you have the time.

As others have said, I'd say just pick a class that can do both solo/groups for flexibility. You could always just play green/teal when you want to be more social, and play blue when you want to explore more of Norrath. Playing a char on 2 different servers at the same time is allowed, so there's that too.
Closed Thread