Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-24-2022, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Spell SPAs change for procs

Reading through patch notes and wondering if someone smarter than me can help decipher the aggro changes. Do these effect characters that cannot cast the spell (Warriors)?

Also what’s a SPA? My guess is “Spell proc aggro?” But that doesn’t seem right.

Rogean: for spell SPAs: AC/Atk Debuff, Snare, Slow, Blind, Stun, Fear, Spinstun, Charm, Mez.
Rogean: The SPA above are capped at 1200 aggro, or 400 if the player is not high enough level to use the spell (Ex: Procs).
Rogean: Removed an overall spell cap of 400 aggro if player was not high enough level for the spell. This is instead capped per SPA Above

If these do affect warrior procs am I reading this right that a debuff proc (like https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostbite_(Spell from Frostbringer) might have more aggro then a poison counter proc (https://wiki.project1999.com/Infestation)?
Old 12-24-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Anecdotally I can say last night my aggro with my FB felt better.
Old 12-24-2022, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Well re-reading it says “or 400 if the player is not high enough IE procs” so nvm I think probably no change.
Old 12-24-2022, 02:56 PM
Aviak

The way I read it, the 400 aggro cap for procs (before DD) is still there, and Frostbringer already hit that cap. The effect may have lost some aggro even.

Without more testing I can't be sure, but I think this will affect casters more than warriors.

If aggro went down on all these effects though, it's a big buff to war epic, especially the 2h version with riposte getting swing aggro now.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

So far only combo that holds agro safely is Red Blade + Nev horn...even epic 2hander is too slow and if no procs it sucks. All other procs seem crappy, I've proced trident x2 and it went right to melee like I didn't even proc..

Even the nev horn proc doesn't seem to help, but the swing agro is good enough to sustain to cover till red blade procs.

I think maybe its a bug that other weps dont agro at all..hoping they fix it. Tried many vp weps, feverblade is pretty much zero agro now lol.

Shaman/enc slow is crazy agro too. I only call my proc message on red blade procs, since its only one that seems to matter now.
Last edited by Allishia; 12-26-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think maybe its a bug that other weps dont agro at all..hoping they fix it. Tried many vp weps, feverblade is pretty much zero agro now lol.
This is a scary update, my war has been chilling at scout since the last patch so I haven’t tested much. Hopefully this is not the intention and devs can fix if it’s confirmed.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Yeah this would effectively kill war aggro for anyone with no epic. Shouldn't be that way at all.
Old 12-27-2022, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this would effectively kill war aggro for anyone with no epic. Shouldn't be that way at all.
All aggro. Disease cloud spam does not work anymore. Flash of Light loses aggro as soon as blind wears off. Stun aggro doesn't hold.

While levelling --> Rogues are new main tanks, because nobody can peel aggro off anymore without a root
Old 12-27-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All aggro. Disease cloud spam does not work anymore. Flash of Light loses aggro as soon as blind wears off. Stun aggro doesn't hold.

While levelling --> Rogues are new main tanks, because nobody can peel aggro off anymore without a root
Pallies can root bruh
Old 12-27-2022, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pallies can root bruh
Well guess Pallies are the only tanks that can group with rogues now