Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-27-2022, 06:29 PM
Aviak

I hear shadow vortex and snare are still good, but that doesn't help pallies.

The patch notes specifically mention reducing unintended aggro from the Ykesha proc, which mostly comes from the micro stun. I'm wondering if it affected all stun aggro. Could be a nice wiz buff.

How is willsapper right now?
Last edited by ScruffMacBuff; 12-27-2022 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-27-2022, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

I was playing on low lvl shaman and tanking for group. Definitely had trouble keeping aggro off rogue with low lvl slow spam ( ever bought flash of light lol).
Old 12-27-2022, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Excellent reason to invite druids / rangers to party to handle rooting duties.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far only combo that holds agro safely is Red Blade + Nev horn...even epic 2hander is too slow and if no procs it sucks. All other procs seem crappy, I've proced trident x2 and it went right to melee like I didn't even proc..

Even the nev horn proc doesn't seem to help, but the swing agro is good enough to sustain to cover till red blade procs.

I think maybe its a bug that other weps dont agro at all..hoping they fix it. Tried many vp weps, feverblade is pretty much zero agro now lol.

Shaman/enc slow is crazy agro too. I only call my proc message on red blade procs, since its only one that seems to matter now.
I'm surprised to hear this! I tanked a few things (not a lot) on both reset and quake and felt like things were behaving normally. The other warriors in Guild also seemed to be holding agro like normal.

I know members of your guild have spent a lot of time in the past testing this stuff. Any idea if they're planning to do more now that stuff seems to have been changed?
Old 12-28-2022, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised to hear this! I tanked a few things (not a lot) on both reset and quake and felt like things were behaving normally. The other warriors in Guild also seemed to be holding agro like normal.

I know members of your guild have spent a lot of time in the past testing this stuff. Any idea if they're planning to do more now that stuff seems to have been changed?
They were testing a bit last night. Only a tiny bit though cause detox went afk and I had to go. Grain of salt because we think the agro might scale with mob HP. Really need to test with harder mobs to be sure.

Example, in iceclad. Two flux staff pulled agro off shaman slow.
In cobalt scar it took 5 flux staff to pull agro off shaman slow.
Rough numbers

Willsapper = 127
Trident =200
Feverblade = 100
Red blade = 500
Sod = 200.

Grain of salt, need to do a lot more testing still. /nod
Old 12-28-2022, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

Understood regarding grain of salt. Thank you for sharing! Those look like pretty major changes!
Old 12-28-2022, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Nilbog said that the values on this patch were off and need to be adjusted. Let our lord and savior nilbog fix this up and we will be back to business.
Old 12-28-2022, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog said that the values on this patch were off and need to be adjusted. Let our lord and savior nilbog fix this up and we will be back to business.
I figured they messed something up lol. Where did he say this?
Old 12-28-2022, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured they messed something up lol. Where did he say this?
He edited his post but is was on the patch notes when people were complaining about aggro. I believe uthgaard also posted in the same thread. Pretty much said aggro was too high on spells, but now it's too low on props and they're fixing it as we speak.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He edited his post but is was on the patch notes when people were complaining about aggro. I believe uthgaard also posted in the same thread. Pretty much said aggro was too high on spells, but now it's too low on props and they're fixing it as we speak.
Woohoo, might have to get my feverblade out of the bank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]