Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk mayne regeneration is nice for everything other than soloing big mobs.

Just sayin.
Sticking to the actual topic/subforum, regen helps a lot in most groups imo. Even with cheal you likely aren’t needing heals so often, and all of that time waiting for hp to drop low enough is spent regenning.

I’ve never felt I missed fsi in xp groups (not on a ranger, warrior or sk) nor while grinding xp or pp solo. On low numbers content vs high level content it doesn’t matter as there is less loafing. Fear/hate/growth trash clears never missed it.

Killing / positioning multiple dragons at once it is handy to have FSI (wexit, hot, those names with wurm guardians). Vs rooted dragons it doesn’t matter.

Positioning big names in kael it is maybe kinda handy, but idk i don’t think any of the racials really matter there?

Thats my experiences at least.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-08-2023, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What data is needed to support my point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a subjective statement, unless you have data to prove otherwise.
I find this ironic as well. You somehow think that your opinion doesn't require any data, but you expect me to supply mountains of data (which I have).

This is the problem with the FSI vs Regeneration debate. The people who support Regeneration with fervor all take this stance, where their opinion is "objective", and everybody else's is "subjective", without any evidence needed. People supporting Regeneration need no data, but everybody else does. It's just silly.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-08-2023 at 01:05 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find this ironic as well. You somehow think that your opinion doesn't require any data, but you expect me to supply mountains of data (which I have).

This is the problem with the FSI vs Regeneration debate. The people who support Regeneration with fervor all take this stance, where their opinion is "objective", and everybody else's is "subjective", without any evidence needed. People supporting Regeneration need no data, but everybody else does. It's just silly.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

It’s not about FSI vs regen, it is just about whether FSI is overrated.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if ya are new but every thread DSM is in is about him, hope that helps.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI and Regeneration are the only two high powered racials. So it is a Regeneration vs. FSI debate, because one is better than the other.

I don't think anyone here (including myself) has claimed FSI is required for any content. So it being overrated or not isn't really relevant.

People should know which racial is better for min/max purposes. Some people like having the best character possible, even if it doesn't matter too much. It's the same idea with fashion. People like fashionquest, even though it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if ya are new but every thread DSM is in is about him, hope that helps.
You have no evidence to support this claim. Go back to counting. People really love that.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI and Regeneration are the only two high powered racials. So it is a Regeneration vs. FSI debate, because one is better than the other.

I don't think anyone here (including myself) has claimed FSI is required for any content. So it being overrated or not isn't really relevant.

People should know which racial is better for min/max purposes. Some people like having the best character possible, even if it doesn't matter too much. It's the same idea with fashion. People like fashionquest, even though it doesn't matter.

You have no evidence to support this claim. Go back to counting. People really love that.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Best tank racial for min max purposes is by far halfling though.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Best tank racial for min max purposes is by far halfling though.
When sneak pulling was still a thing, I agree Halfling Warriors had a pretty strong racial. Now that it was nerfed, there isn't much benefit to having sneak on a Warrior.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When sneak pulling was still a thing, I agree Halfling Warriors had a pretty strong racial. Now that it was nerfed, there isn't much benefit to having sneak on a Warrior.

Also they can walk out of VP, you can’t solo. Hope that helps.