Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-09-2023, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-09-2023, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

IDK why we are so focused on cliff golems. They are piss easy and in my experience of playing warriors casts of torpor don’t get interrupted by bash. (Shaman isn’t tanking)

May as well be discussing the benefit of FSI vs Regen vs xp boost vs decaying skeletons.

Perhaps this story would be different in the priest subforums but idk, my shaman never tanked cliff golems in 1999-2001 era. My shaman is like level 80 or some other abomination level which shouldn’t exist.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-09-2023, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK why we are so focused on cliff golems. They are piss easy and in my experience of playing warriors casts of torpor don’t get interrupted by bash. (Shaman isn’t tanking)

May as well be discussing the benefit of FSI vs Regen vs xp boost vs decaying skeletons.

Perhaps this story would be different in the priest subforums but idk, my shaman never tanked cliff golems in 1999-2001 era. My shaman is like level 80 or some other abomination level which shouldn’t exist.
I am using it as an example of a high level fight a Torpor Shaman would encounter. I also have a video on that already posted so people can watch it to see real data.

We can use another example if you prefer and we can math that out.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Please use the example of decaying skeleton.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-09-2023, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please use the example of decaying skeleton.
Don't worry about racials when fighting decaying skeletons[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2023, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

What gets me are some shaman players--NOT Shamwowi--talk about how much better their lives are due to having the ogre racial, when they're doing the same content the wife's shaman can do quite easily without it. How can it matter against stuff that's trivial? It must not be trivial for them! I remind myself not everyone has the same skill or ability; the ogre racial can cover for a few mistakes here and there a soloist may make if he is perhaps sloppier or less experienced. I don't like how limited the ogre trait is, though; it's inferior to regeneration from 1-59 and useless when not being hit. Ogre trait is useful in some specific circumstances but regeneration is a safer recommendation because absolutely anyone would benefit from it starting right away at level 1.

On my shadowknight I wouldn't mind having the ogre trait, but I'd want regeneration more because it's more useful a larger portion of the time.

Regeneration isn't going to help a warrior all that much except the oddball who goes against type and tries to solo a lot. So the ogre is better by default for that class. Even then it's not great and I consider the ogre too much of a billboard advertising a lack of confidence to be happy recommending it, but being big is nice when you need to quickly pick a tank out of a crowd of fifty people so ogre or troll, barb to a lesser extent, wins for them.

------------------------------------

As for community agreement, we don't get there because the difference in-game between any of these racial options is modest at most and we as players all place different weights on different parts of the game. Shamwowi, for example, puts more emphasis than some of us do on high-end solo capability, and his own opinions tend to reflect that. It's enough, at least to me, that about all of us agree that no racial is make-or-break in this game.

Danth
Old 02-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-10-2023, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

yea back on the tank forum, no race is "superior".

If you need the stamina, your gear sucks.
If you need the racial perk, you suck.
If you need to know your race is superior to another race so you can feel good about your choice. Weird...
Old 02-10-2023, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea back on the tank forum, no race is "superior".

If you need the stamina, your gear sucks.
If you need the racial perk, you suck.
If you need to know your race is superior to another race so you can feel good about your choice. Weird...
Or you can just enjoy playing the game with a slight edge via racials. Not sure why you are acting so negative.

The only people who seem to be insecure about their race choice are the people who hate FSI. I am not sure why they care so much.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector