Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-05-2023, 11:31 PM
Skeleton

Default monk ratios, primary and offhand choices

I am currently a level 16 human monk I have researched a bit about these questions and having trouble finding answers to these questions there seems to be some debate.

what is the math to understand a weapons delay to damage ratio?

what type of weapon is best in the main hand ?

1. a higher delay higher damage?
2. lower delay lower damage?

what type of weapon is best in the off hand ?

1. a higher delay higher damage?
2. lower delay lower damage?

when does this change to 2hb and then back to 1hb?

thanks
Old 03-06-2023, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

Code:
    Melee & Tank Weapon Damage Cap
Level Range	Weapon DMG Cap
1-9		10
10-19		 14
20-29		 30
30-39		 60
40+		100
At your level its simply a case of comparing your weapon’s dmg to the max dmg by level and switching the dmg to the lower value if thr cap is exceeded and then dividing dmg by delay.

For the very lowest end play there are other considerations such as rounding and from 27 there starts damage bonus but dmg/delay is a decent approximation outside those cases.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-06-2023, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Just get and use a good ratio 2 hander.

You take a lot less damage.
Old 03-08-2023, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

In the low levels it’s a bit more confusing. Damage caps favor fast weapons to like lvl 30. Then its ratio to around 50. Then it’s a combination of ratio and damage bonus.

That said, past like level 30 it’s tough to beat a Peacebringer for 800p on blue or an IFS for around 3500. Really tough. Tstaff holds up solidly to 60.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

There is no need for charts and analysis and other bull shit. Peacebringer til Epic, then Epic + SoS(offhand) until raid gear. You're welcome.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-08-2023, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no need for charts and analysis and other bull shit. Peacebringer til Epic, then Epic + SoS(offhand) until raid gear. You're welcome.
Epic/sos was good like 8 years ago. The answer is always tstaff until Bo staff or better raid weps.
Old 03-08-2023, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Fist/SoS these days is really bad. Most well geared rangers out parse them. There are DW combos that out perform droppable Kunark 2h’s but you won’t find them outside raids. The triple attack and then scaling damage bonus patch did crazy things.
Old 03-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

if you aren't gonna raid, then 2h all the way - forget about dual wield
Old 03-13-2023, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fist/SoS these days is really bad. Most well geared rangers out parse them. There are DW combos that out perform droppable Kunark 2h’s but you won’t find them outside raids. The triple attack and then scaling damage bonus patch did crazy things.
This is true on low ac/group targets. I feel that epic fist / sos would outperform a lot of 2handers on big AC raid bosses. The other night i was plinking Vyemm for like 40 dmg per hit with my priceless 2hander and decided to try out Mainhand epic fist with priceless in offhand. Didn't parse it ofc but would like to eventually.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true on low ac/group targets. I feel that epic fist / sos would outperform a lot of 2handers on big AC raid bosses. The other night i was plinking Vyemm for like 40 dmg per hit with my priceless 2hander and decided to try out Mainhand epic fist with priceless in offhand. Didn't parse it ofc but would like to eventually.
Yea I’m a walking hypocrisy. I still think most two-handers shine these days but if people are actively parsing and trying to push the envelope so be it. My annoyance is people just going with dogma over a span of a few years of patches or using an excel spreadsheet to determine what’s best.

Get your good buffs. Parse. Compare fights. Evolve.

I’ve seen people top parses with an IFS and the “punch trick” and suck with the best gear. Just get in there and get it done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]