Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-12-2023, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Get a White Bear Pelt for your cloak. Fairly cheap since it's pally only and has amazing stats.

https://wiki.project1999.com/White_Bear_Pelt_Cloak
Old 04-13-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you think of the Sword of Blessings as an option for when I'm sword and board tanking? Seems to be a decent ratio and even adds a little AC and some mana.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Blessings

I really know nothing about melee. Just thought of the sword because it would be pretty easy for me to farm.
Sword of blessings will be a nice option for grouping whenever you can't use reaver. And 55+ you could consider swapping out the reaver for narandi lance if you want to open up solo in more areas like HS/KC.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a White Bear Pelt for your cloak. Fairly cheap since it's pally only and has amazing stats.

https://wiki.project1999.com/White_Bear_Pelt_Cloak
Yeah I just picked that up the other day in a trade. It's almost like a hiero cloak and I also like wearing those class-specific items.
Old 04-14-2023, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you think of the Sword of Blessings as an option for when I'm sword and board tanking? Seems to be a decent ratio and even adds a little AC and some mana.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Blessings

I really know nothing about melee. Just thought of the sword because it would be pretty easy for me to farm.
It’s a solid item if you have an enchanter to farm it yourself, or a group of friends to go adventure in lower dogs with but it can still be a pain. The guys loot table is garbage so most people spend their time doing Khelk or Brood Mother. If you plan on farming it yourself, get your pally to CE and camp out with invis. Use enchanter to paci all the see invis dogs all the way up passed khelk. You can safely camp on the ramp between Khelk and the other guy if you hug the left wall if you are looking down. Kill the named on the ramp to loot it.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a solid item if you have an enchanter to farm it yourself, or a group of friends to go adventure in lower dogs with but it can still be a pain. The guys loot table is garbage so most people spend their time doing Khelk or Brood Mother. If you plan on farming it yourself, get your pally to CE and camp out with invis. Use enchanter to paci all the see invis dogs all the way up passed khelk. You can safely camp on the ramp between Khelk and the other guy if you hug the left wall if you are looking down. Kill the named on the ramp to loot it.
If you already have an enchanter capable of doing that you would be better off farming (or buying w/ farmed plat) a Jeldorin or MDS.

At least you can sell 'em too if you ever upgrade or strip it for another char.

Last edited by Toxigen; 04-14-2023 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-14-2023, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you already have an enchanter capable of doing that you would be better off farming (or buying w/ farmed plat) a Jeldorin or MDS.

Nice vid. If ya go 1h on a pally though, you've already lost. Think someone said recently their pally's epic out dpses some ToV 1hnders.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice vid. If ya go 1h on a pally though, you've already lost. Think someone said recently their pally's epic out dpses some ToV 1hnders.
oh i agree totally, was just giving a better option for 1 handed slasher - all you really need is a reaver til narandi / epic (or natures defender)

just some folks like to have all their weapon skills maxed...or they get off on bash to interrupt instead of using a stun spell
Old 04-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh i agree totally, was just giving a better option for 1 handed slasher - all you really need is a reaver til narandi / epic (or natures defender)

just some folks like to have all their weapon skills maxed...or they get off on bash to interrupt instead of using a stun spell
Yea bash is nice, getting epic for the bash swap is key for this.
Old 04-14-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

No 1h is going to do great dps; with a Frostwrath or Sledge of Smashing you need some crazy proc rng on stuff it will land on. The Jeld at least has stats and some trickle healing for when you are just tanking. I forgot to equip my 2h on Dain once and did 25dps.

I still use my epic on occasion and the bash swap is really handy.

The BM camp is really chill. I like it. Plat wise it’s horrible. With the rapid declining price of a Jeldorin I’d decide if you really want it for your kit and just buy one. On blue they are like 15k I think. At least if you have a 60 Ench and like farming.
Old 04-15-2023, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm going to pre park my Pally down there and paci/kill all the dogs on the path. Long corpse so I won't be in any big rush.

Quote:

I just bought dictate, will have to buy a Chardok faction package eventually and learn the zone. Seems like a tedious way to farm so I've been putting it off but too much loot there to ignore. Also want a couple earrings for the chanter and maybe the bandages clicky if I get super lucky.