Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 05-05-2023, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if they were equal, you're taking less damage which means moar merbs per hour.
Eh, does it? My ranger's 25 self DS adds up quick with 1h.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, does it? My ranger's 25 self DS adds up quick with 1h.
I personally think there are intrinsic benefits to 2h over 1h like you mentioned. NPC DS’s literally will kill you. Enrage flips are spicy. Your ripostes are bigger. I don’t personally buy tanking ripostes (incoming to the player) are as big of a deal but it’s pretty difficult to parse out that damage from the rest. When I tank VSR on my paladin or ranger I don’t attack, warriors often use a 2h but that’s a different story with a 1500 life tap to minimize.

DW has some perks, I guess. More proc options, easier to swap in a tash stick without doing single digit dps. More MOK healing. Better stats for pullers. It’s often the high brow option and it’s quite a bit more exciting. The Italian v12 at 8000rpms vs the domestic larger v8. Power is power but the experience is different. It’s just a matter of not turning a blind eye to numbers.