Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 PM
Banned

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=13

Loramin did this go in? If not we need it
Old 09-25-2019, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=13

Loramin did this go in? If not we need it
AFAIK Blue has never had /guildwar. I doubt it's high on Nilbog's priority list, but add it to the list! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--Darkforge NPC's were originally in Mistmoore and Unrest. Moved to Sol-Ro at some point later, I don't know when.

--Armor of Ro combines could originally FAIL. Dunno the trivials. Again it was changed fairly early on after a (understandable) outcry.

Shadow Knights' original spell set was terrible. There was a reason it was regarded as the worst class in the game, and was the least-played. I don't think they even got a pet until level 15, but did get a few spells (a pet heal at 15, and I think voice graft at 30) which were later replaced with other spells. I only dabbled with an SK as an alt in those days so I do not remmeber the specifics but perhaps this can point someone else in the right direction. Also, was life-leech pre-kunark? The Paladin equivalent (divine might) was obviously post-kunark, and I definitely recall it being patched in later because Paladins were PO'd and complaining that SK's got a new spell while they did not. Notably the life leech spell requires no kunark drops or kunark zones (unlike the Paladin spell).

Danth
OOOOF a failed quest armour combine

<NPC> Hrm...urmmm that usually works....

Cleric set was awful too. Some of it had INT on. I mean wtf were they thinking.

Saying that on green the AC alone will be decent.

76 AC for full set (not that many bothered with full set) most just got the bracer for +5 WIS
Old 09-26-2019, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadow Knights' original spell set was terrible. There was a reason it was regarded as the worst class in the game, and was the least-played. I don't think they even got a pet until level 15, but did get a few spells (a pet heal at 15, and I think voice graft at 30) which were later replaced with other spells. I only dabbled with an SK as an alt in those days so I do not remmeber the specifics but perhaps this can point someone else in the right direction.
Danth
Shadow Knights started out day one with the 4th level necro pet at level 9 and then the other pets as we know them. In beta they had the level 1 necro pet at level 9 and it of course insta died so they changed it.

I seem to remember not getting lifetaps at release, but only a bit later, and when they did add them they had something ridiculous like 2x or 3x the regular mana cost. That was later removed.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

One thing to check will be the availability of Crafted Armor.

Crafted armor quests were enabled in July 1999 (not 100% sure on this), but had no stats besides AC until a patch in October 1999:

Quote:
10/14/99

In the Last Patch the Gods Of EQ have Blessed my Crafted armor with
this .
Boots +5 AGI
Legs +2 SV Cold +2 SV fire
Breast Plate +5 STA +25 HP
Bracer +2DEX +2INT ( Each)
Arms +2 SV Des +2 SV Poi
Gauntlets +5 STR
Helm +5 Cha +5 Wis

This is Sweet But dont Know Why they would give Wis and Int But Damn
Nice !
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....g/lmpDZnT1684J

My source is this for July 1999 for Crafted Armor quests, anyone have a better one?

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....0/FgFk6-0iSmUJ
Old 09-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
--Darkforge NPC's were originally in Mistmoore and Unrest. Moved to Sol-Ro at some point later, I don't know when.

Lol looks like it was chaos. I will try to hunt down where these spawned, that's pretty funny.

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far, but the general consensus seems to be that of
all the new class specific armour quests (of the classes that used to
have access to Rubicite), rangers do seem to have it a lot easier than
the stump sitting clerics, the absent tree hunting shamans, the SKs
who can never FIND their quest NPCs because they're killed as soon as
they spawn
and the rogues who still have to camp CT for their armour.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....U/Wf5TCoeKTUYJ
Old 09-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Default binding from Q or ` to A for autoattack.
Oh Gods lost count of how many times I died because of this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will the level 12 burnout spell kill mage pets over time? I distinctly remember it was bugged when I started playing in May of 99.
Last edited by Valion; 09-26-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh Gods lost count of how many times I died because of this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will the level 12 burnout spell kill mage pets over time? I distinctly remember it was bugged when I started playing in May of 99.
was not bugged, that was as intended. Also why its called BurnOUT.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was not bugged, that was as intended. Also why its called BurnOUT.
Thanks I couldn't remember if it was a bug or not good times ahead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

I am sorry to not provide information, but before I go digging around for it, it is my understanding that many, if not the vast majority of quests in Kerra Island are not classic? Was there a Kerra Island zone revamp? Did p99 already set up all that and the research is not necessary?

But yeah, there are some powerful items that are available there that I believe are not classic.
Closed Thread