Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar is best everything.
Nah, they're the worst Shaman race.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Endgame velious warrior only needs CHA, and ogre has the lowest.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, they're the worst Shaman race.
Iksar only shaman race pretty enough to not have to hide ugly mug as a bear.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar only shaman race pretty enough to not have to hide ugly mug as a bear.
FashionQuest is subjective, and if you like the look of Iksar Shaman (or Human Monks, or Half-Elf Wizards, or whatever else) I say that's one of the most important things to consider ... more important than any specific detail of the game (you'll be staring at that character for their entire in-game life!) ... and you should run with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if we're looking at it objectively, "by the numbers", an Iksar Shaman is just a Troll Shaman who can't use the JBB.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

JBB is less efficient than just root rotting 3-4 mobs at a time and letting your epic clicky do its thing.

Numbers get weighted even worse against JBB when you consider Torpor and higher dmg DoTs.

JBB is gimpy crutch for bad shamans. Never too late to reroll as iksar.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
JBB is less efficient than just root rotting 3-4 mobs at a time and letting your epic clicky do its thing.

Numbers get weighted even worse against JBB when you consider Torpor and higher dmg DoTs.

JBB is gimpy crutch for bad shamans. Never too late to reroll as iksar.
I'll just let this ignorant post speak for itself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Iksar remain the worst choice (on paper, min/max, mechanically) of all Shaman races*

*in this era of the game

Old 06-14-2020, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

I'd suggest you give root rotting a try and get good at it so you can compare the two methods before calling my post ignorant.

Can kill twice as many mobs in the same amount of time as a JBB shaman and still maintain mana and health (probably easier).

The only real argument is that perhaps Ogre shamans with FSI can park their butts in a corner and tank a hard to root mob but they're probably not using JBB doing that in the upper end of things either.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

For warrior, that FSI can mean another swing on a raid mob, which can mean another proc on that raid mob which then in turn means it's not turning around beating the hell out of your rogue dps line.

I've seen non-ogres get stunned and the raid mob turns around and start kicking the shit out of that one rogue who never uses evade.
Then everyone panics, the non-ogre warrior becomes unstunned and pops a clickie to regain agro, lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endgame velious warrior only needs CHA, and ogre has the lowest.
Didn't they reduce the chance for this to proc and that's why people are kinda eh about it.?
That's the biggest reason I recommend DEX over CHA. Unless you know better than I, being you got a pretty dope tank.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-14-2020 at 01:28 PM..
Old 06-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre warrior = a few % points more dmg and a few % points more aggro due to this that no other race has access too... what if we just said they get a permanent 2% haste on raid mobs that stack. It’s a pretty big deal in my book, especially if you plan on being a raid tank. The only other class that comes close endgame is iksar with the ability to push the AC cap slightly higher.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Iksars cannot achieve as high of attack as all other races.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing...s_of_Fennin_Ro

Didn’t know about CHA chance reduction.