Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Orc

Default Quiver - Classic....Any Benefit?

Is there any benefit to using a quiver in classic? I have a 6 slot quiver on my ranger, but I feel like I would be better off with a WR bag instead... Am I missing something?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quivers offer WR and based off the WR % you get a "quiver haste" It stacks with all other haste and only applies to using your bow. Not sure if this is true on green? But def on Blue

For example
https://wiki.project1999.com/Fleeting_Quiver
6 slot 60% WR, 20% haste
Old 07-29-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quiver haste is added with/during Velious. Yes, phloridaman, quivers are useless until then and you're better off with a weight-reducing bag.

I've heard some people say they think quivers were added in the early game because initially, items in stacks didn't share the same weight. A stack of 0.1 arrows would weigh 2.0. That made stacks of arrows pretty heavy. They added quivers. Then they made stacks lighter. Later on, they added quiver haste to make quivers have a point.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quiver haste is added with/during Velious. Yes, phloridaman, quivers are useless until then and you're better off with a weight-reducing bag.

I've heard some people say they think quivers were added in the early game because initially, items in stacks didn't share the same weight. A stack of 0.1 arrows would weigh 2.0. That made stacks of arrows pretty heavy. They added quivers. Then they made stacks lighter. Later on, they added quiver haste to make quivers have a point.
I do not recall stacks with cumulative weight, but didn't start day 1 of release either (was July when I started). Quivers were pointless from the day I started fletching (about a week after I started playing) until quiver haste was added later.

As it is currently on green the cheapest "quiver" with good capacity is a Small Box (weight 2.0, 8 small slots) and the best capacity is probably the Bearskin Potion Bag (2.5, 10 small slots).

If you only need enough slots to carry arrows for pulling the Tailored Belt Pouch (0.6 6 small slots) (Silk Cord + LQ Cat, trivial 37) and the Tailored Large Bag (0.6, 6 large slots) (Silk Cord + LQ Bear, trivial 41) are easy lightweight low tailoring skill options, and the Tailored Quiver is slightly better if you have a friend skilling tailoring (0.4, 6 slots arrows only) (HQ Cat + pattern, trivial 115).

Any bag that is not a quiver can also be used to carry fletching components and other things.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:32 PM
Orc

Just as I suspected. Absolutely useless lol.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

First bag I bought in 99 was a wasit pouch belt thing, was so pissed I couldnt put it on my waste slot, that's where quivers should go, back slot! And they should have stats!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

On Live on release, you had to manually replenish your arrows in your ammo slot. Then in like June 99, they changed it so they would auto-draw from a quiver. Then at some point I think they made arrows auto-draw from any container.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 07-31-2020 at 12:31 AM..
Old 07-31-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Live on release, you had to manually replenish your arrows in your ammo slot. Then in like June 99, they changed it so they would auto-draw from a quiver. Then at some point I think they made arrows auto-draw from any container.
You may be 100% correct, but I'm thinking it was too hard for their code monkeys to restrict the auto-draw to quivers. In July it was any container and I don't recall anybody mentioning it being restricted to quivers previously.

[edit]
But speaking of fletching in '99, remember how you could only buy one item at a time from vendors? I remember showing several other noobs the trick of having fletching kit in first slot and all other top slots filled, then sit there buying one of each component at a time. hit combine, rinse/repeat without ever leaving the vendor interface. Shortened the tedium a bit, lol.
[/edit]
Last edited by kaev; 07-31-2020 at 01:37 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that sounds about like the dumbass thing that rangers would get as a bonus in classic lol
Closed Thread