Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was warned to do that as well and instead opted for duoing (though I still enjoyed myself) outside KC till like 51.

12 hours of grinding epic faction versus 3 if you choose to do CoM books seems like a fairly poor choice in hindsight.
Yeah i'm going to suck it up and just get my faction up high enough. I like grouping in CoM and i'm at the perfect level. I could max my faction while leveling towards 50.. sounds like the smart choice.

I did a few bondls last night with a druid, but it gets pricey.. I usually tip 30-40pp per port so it added up fast. I should just make some more money making sow pots I guess.

Also as far as he woe/envy taking 20-30 mins, yeah I guess I could see that. The only thing that really held me up was finding the wandering spirit every time. I would just stand at the loc listed on wiki and wait for it to stroll by. Is there a better option?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Here's an update, I started doing woe/envy over and over and just bound in RM by the paladin for quick gates. I did the turn in a total of 4 times including my initial turn in for the story line and I am now at kindly when I con the spirit.

Does this mean I have high enough faction now to turn in a set of CoM papers? I still have to do the black dire part also but I'm not sure if I will be able to get a kill team for that or not, but if I can get going on turning in CoM papers in the mean time that would be awesome!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i'm going to suck it up and just get my faction up high enough. I like grouping in CoM and i'm at the perfect level. I could max my faction while leveling towards 50.. sounds like the smart choice.

I did a few bondls last night with a druid, but it gets pricey.. I usually tip 30-40pp per port so it added up fast. I should just make some more money making sow pots I guess.

Also as far as he woe/envy taking 20-30 mins, yeah I guess I could see that. The only thing that really held me up was finding the wandering spirit every time. I would just stand at the loc listed on wiki and wait for it to stroll by. Is there a better option?
He very frequently wisps by that spot and is large enough to be seen from quite far away. Shouldn't really have a hard time finding him as the wiki suggests.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's an update, I started doing woe/envy over and over and just bound in RM by the paladin for quick gates. I did the turn in a total of 4 times including my initial turn in for the story line and I am now at kindly when I con the spirit.

Does this mean I have high enough faction now to turn in a set of CoM papers? I still have to do the black dire part also but I'm not sure if I will be able to get a kill team for that or not, but if I can get going on turning in CoM papers in the mean time that would be awesome!
Yes - I believe the faction to activate the book dialogue (and therefore the page turn ins) is somewhere in the amiable range so you've likely surpassed it at kindly. The black dire part is directly before the CoM part and so by extension you should have faction for that as well.

Good luck with your black dire kill.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes - I believe the faction to activate the book dialogue (and therefore the page turn ins) is somewhere in the amiable range so you've likely surpassed it at kindly. The black dire part is directly before the CoM part and so by extension you should have faction for that as well.

Good luck with your black dire kill.
Thanks yum! Oh wait.. Do I HAVE to do the dire part first before I can turn in the pages?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks yum! Oh wait.. Do I HAVE to do the dire part first before I can turn in the pages?
Nope - if you were doing it in the correct order you would have needed to do the dire turn-in in order to get the appropriate faction to continue the quest dialogue. Since you've surpassed the minimum faction for this portion of the quest you are free to turn in at will.

Don't mess up which quest NPC you turn in to in EJ.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Nope - if you were doing it in the correct order you would have needed to do the dire turn-in in order to get the appropriate faction to continue the quest dialogue. Since you've surpassed the minimum faction for this portion of the quest you are free to turn in at will.

Don't mess up which quest NPC you turn in to in EJ.
Awesome, thank you. I dont know why this has been so confusing for me..
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Awesome, thank you. I dont know why this has been so confusing for me..
It's not really intuitive from a quest perspective. To really understand it you kind of need to use numbers to quantify it:

Say for instance that Truespirit faction starts at indifferent or 0 and that you have to get max faction by the end of it, say 2000. By performing each step in its proper order gives you a scenario that looks like his:
- Kill Peg Leg and receive gem --> turn in gem to bondl and receive 20 faction. Faction required for Bondl turn in: 0.
- Complete dialogue upstairs in Jade Inn with Spirit --> receive new gem. Faction requied to initiate proper dialogue with Jade Inn Spirit: 20.
- Turn in gem from spirit to Oogyla (sp?) in Eruds --> receive 50 faction. Faction required for gem turn in to Oogyla: 20.
- Continue test of patience --> receive new gem from Abe The Abandoned. Faction required to initiate proper dialogue with Abe: 70.

Basically this trend continues for the length of the quest granting you access to the next step by virtue of your new improved Truespirit faction as a reward for successful completion of the previous step.

The reason I've been saying to zero off your faction by completing the Epic quest properly to the boots is that your are probably required to have some unverifiable amount of experience to do the boot turn in. If, using the example above, we establish somehow that the minimum faction for the boot turn-in is 750 and the wording of the consider function is amiable faction there would be no way for you to establish where you are On that scale. You may con amiable to the spirit but amiable might have a range of 500-1000 meaning there is a good chance you fall short. Doing the quest the proper way up to that point eliminates the guesswork because the quest is designed to allow progression after successful completion of the last step.

TL;DR: if you did the quest out of order and you're unsure, so it properly OR exceed the faction for that particular point of the quest.

EDIT: just got new phone so this message is probably littered with spelling mistakes.

Last edited by Yumyums Inmahtumtums; 11-11-2013 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

An example of what yumyums is talking about is my experience with EJ book. I had enough faction to receive the empty book at the start of the quest, but not enough to turn in the filled book. This sort of problem shouldn't happen if you complete the quest linearly.

However, you may find it worth your while to repeat certain steps, perhaps because they're convenient. If you're killing giants in rathe mountains, why not check to see if the good/evil guys are up? Additionally, while the black fur boots are super nice, there's no reason you can't do them after you start doing EJ book turnins. You'll still get the faction boost from them.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An example of what yumyums is talking about is my experience with EJ book. I had enough faction to receive the empty book at the start of the quest, but not enough to turn in the filled book. This sort of problem shouldn't happen if you complete the quest linearly.
I went through the same thing (see the first page of this thread).
Closed Thread