Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Awesomeness just happened!

So my level 51 druid was quadding in OoT (seafuries). Mobs are 27% health, i'm 100%. I lose connectivity 8 seconds into a Lumi staff click. I'm at 95% connection and dropping quickly so I figure I'm dead regardless of whether or not internet recovers given how close they are and how shit my hp is. I just /q to speed up the inevitable process of my death and plan on corpse recovery. Lumi staff only takes 3-4% max away from a seafury. It takes me 3 minutes to log back in because character is "still active".

So I'm hopeful at this point my wimpy ass alt had the afk-sense to run at low hp only to be chased by 4 snared and angry Seafury Cyclops's until he's finally booted (and hopefully still alive). When I log back in, not only am I still alive but my character has full buffs and is 40% life and is surrounded by 4 seafury corpses with me net positive the xp of 4 seafuries as well as loot rights.

Apparently my LD character not only evaded death, he went super-saiyan and fucked up 4 seafuries and lived to tell the tale! I had no DS buffs up, so no credit there. I don't think I could have managed it if I was legitimately in control of my characters.

First time something like that has happened to me in EQ in almost 20 years. Small victory for sure ... but I had just procured a fresh PoTG. It saved me 2.5 full kites worth of xp as well as the hassle of a recovery.

TLDR? My AFK druid is clearly cooler than you and a badass.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Kobold

You should just start 10+ mob kites and unplug your ethernet cord. Sound's like your Druid don't need no man!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Banned

Maybe some angelic being coalesced at your location, rooted all the mobs, cast an angel only spell “Holy Blast Radius”, then proceed to control your mind to buff yourself. At the last moment before seeing you were logging in, which angels can do, duh, this being disappeared into the ether.

My money is on that.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

this is a pretty cool story. I would love to have watched an LD druid fuck up 4 seafuries.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Banned

hey guise I exploited and lived to tell the tale

📝
Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorhees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, to be honest, sounds like you're the one holding your Druid back if he does all that without your input.
Haha
Old 02-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Druids are very strong my friend, it sounds like you just need to believe in yourself! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

its odd because when we LD here we usually dont fight back, but on live you become a npc machine, guess you found the matrix code my friend.

ps: i tell you that cuz i went ld on my mnk against a green mob about to die and i was the one who died.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are very strong my friend, it sounds like you just need to believe in yourself! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gatmanno made me see the Light
Old 02-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its odd because when we LD here we usually dont fight back, but on live you become a npc machine, guess you found the matrix code my friend.

ps: i tell you that cuz i went ld on my mnk against a green mob about to die and i was the one who died.
It seems to vary.

I remember grouping with a SK who went absolute ballistic in upper guk when LD. Wiped out scryer and the room below. Was nuts!
Closed Thread