Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Skeleton

Exclamation Windows cant find "eqgame"?

I'm attempting to start my adventures on P99. I am from Zek on the live servers and have been an avid pvper for the last 19 years. I am kinda hoping to carry over to P99 and enjoy the pvp and pve aspect of classic everquest without worrying about the release of an expac passed velious. I have downloaded everything I needed (to my knowledge) and deleted the 4-5 files it mentioned in the set up guide, as well as downloaded the custom p99 files. I was able to reach the log in screen previously but when I typed in my account details, it sat there "connecting" and wouldn't do anything differently. For hours. So I assumed since I'm not playing live anymore, let me just completely uninstall everything to do with everquest and try re downloading the titanium itself again. Now I have an error message when I attempt to open up the titanium launcher saying windows cannot find "eqgame"? Would love to get some assistance on this and hopefully you will see me on my necro soon enough!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Did you install it in your Program Files folder? I know that causes people issues.

Try a reinstall/move to a new folder at the root of the drive, like...

C:\P99\(files)
Old 11-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Skeleton

ok going to give that a shot! thanks!
Old 11-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Skeleton

ok posted everything into a new file named p99files, so it reads This PC > New Volume(F[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] > p99files, still having the same issue.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Same issue. Driving me nucking futs. Halp! I think its a win10 issue?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Skeleton

It could be cause im operating windows 10 as well. I just want to get my grind on in karanas kiting elephants and spiders lol. I miss classic eq and live just doesnt do it right with TLP servers. No corpse runs! We all hate corpse runs but thats what made this game for me. That hardcoreness you could say. Anyways. Please heeeeelp!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

just had the same issue after years away -- what fixed it for me was going into my eq directory and actually finding the "eqgame.exe" file which is separate from the "everquest.exe" file and creating a shortcut from that, putting in the patchme line like in the instructions, and then that ran. I couldn't get the .bat file mentioned in the getting started instructions to work, and the shortcut the installer automatically places on your desktop points at "everquest.exe" not "eqgame.exe" in case you were using that. Anyway, may not be your issue, but it worked for me, hope it helps.

ps swish!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-12-2018, 03:23 AM
Skeleton

Well thats what i figured. But my question is how do i get eqgame.exe? I had it before im assuming because it let me to the log in screen. However this time i dont have it? Do i have to reinstall everquest live? Or is there someway i can just change my everquest.exe to eqgame.exe? Thanks!
Old 11-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Is eqgame.exe not in your EQ directory? If this is the case then you need to reinstall Titanium by following the Getting Started Guide.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Skeleton

I did a full reinstall of titanium. The only thing i can think of is a full redownload of eq live?