Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Large Bat

Default Hail from Veeshan - 13 year absence

Back after 13 years to get that old school itch scratched. As a 62-year-old father of three this is an odd feeling to be playing as I once did single and essentially wild.

Great memories have come to life in in Misty Thicket and I have seen an overwhelming amount of charity and good will on this server. I have also seen some of the worst type of behavior especially from the Necros camping guards in the area. Soling a cleric is hard enough without being griefed but it is a new aspect of the game that I need to learn (note to self, do not run to a guard on an add since they are all dead.)

95% awesome people, 5% not so much. I will take that ratio any day.

Any other Veeshan folks on here shoot me a tell. This is awesome and thanks to those that made it happen.

Seeber
Level 8 Halfling Cleric
Old 05-28-2018, 06:49 AM
Sarnak

Those filthy necros.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Welome to the server! I hope you enjoy your time here!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:10 AM
Banned

The silver lining to the guard genocide is that usually the people will allow you to loot the mangled corpses of your brethren.

I know it's hard to stomach and you may feel guilty doing it.

But all that will fade when you're rockin' a brand new pair of shoes, baby!
Old 05-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

From the necro side of things having done guards in a few newbie areas it's fun to roleplay with them.

Sure Soandso, loot and profit from that dead guard - pledge your allegiance now to Cazic Thule and you can loot a second ^^

You'd be surprised at how many will refuse to loot and denounce what they consider a false prophet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2018, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

PM me or send a tell in game to Argh if you need some starting gear/plat.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Are you really complaining that you were being griefed by someone because they were farming guards? That doing that is "the worst type of behavior"? I mean, welcome back and all, I just returned last week myself... but come on. Do you even know what the word griefed means? Worst type of behavior?

Your kind of entitled, selfish attitude is something I find more deplorable than almost any type of actual rule breaking. This is a new level of the whole world-revolves-around-me thing though. What's next... are you going to start petitioning people that don't stop and spend all their mana buffing you when they are passing through YOUR zone?

You need to understand that other people have the right to play this game too. They can even do things in their own best interest that may not be best for you. For example, you are both on a quest to kill the same mob that spawns in one place every 20 minutes. They are camping it when you arrive. Are you going to post on the forums that they are griefing you and their behavior is the "worst in the wordd" because they don't pack up and leave letting you immediately take over? And that's not even as ridiculous as what you're claiming right now! How have you made 62 years and not realized that people generally have their own best interest in mind -- and that it's okay!? If prioritizing yourself over others was a crime there wouldn't be any one left to play the game. Camping guards is one of the most classic, legitimate ways of leveling and almost every guard camp you see on P99 goes straight back to 1999.

So, honestly, I do welcome you back to the game. It is a wonderful game -- the best, imho -- and I have enjoyed myself immensely playing a massive amount of hours over this past week. I've even met a bunch of great people and made several friends already. One of the things I did was go out of my way to help them! I know, shocker. And you know what? They ended up doing the same for me. I made friends, it was a give and take. Even if you don't want to make friends though... you can't expect everyone to just drop to their knees and suck your dick because that's what you want. Fuck man.

I'd love for you to have a great experience and make this a permanent home... but you need to get your shit together. I'll be avoiding you for now. My shit will get petitioned because I talked too much in group chat. Or I wanted to get exp myself instead of helping you level.
Last edited by Pryda; 05-28-2018 at 02:03 PM..
Old 05-28-2018, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Misty Thicket

I have also seen some of the worst type of behavior especially from the Necros camping guards in the area.

Seeber
Level 8 Halfling Cleric
*cackles*

All your stonehive honey, give it.

I wanna coat my body in it and dance on Filbus's grave.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hahahaha... is this guy serious?

@Argh Can I get that plat and gear? If you don't I'm gonna report you for bad behavior. Griefing actually.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the necro side of things having done guards in a few newbie areas it's fun to roleplay with them.

Sure Soandso, loot and profit from that dead guard - pledge your allegiance now to Cazic Thule and you can loot a second ^^

You'd be surprised at how many will refuse to loot and denounce what they consider a false prophet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and how many will run to the nearest merch to sell shield and spears. Fun to taunt them about how they have betrayed the good faith of Mayor Gubbin and the Vale.

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't roleplay"

"Money is money"

"Who is Gubbin? lol"
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-28-2018 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: edited out my l33t bro rant
Closed Thread