Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take ur vax if covid could kill u or ur in the lower risk category, but don't mandate it to young adults or females who are at higher risks from the vaccines themselves.
wish more people thought this
Old 09-20-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take ur vax if covid could kill u or ur in the lower risk category, but don't mandate it to young adults or females who are at higher risks from the vaccines themselves.
Don't take medical advice from a schizophrenic on a dead MMO forum.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't take medical advice from a schizophrenic on a dead MMO forum.
🤗
Old 09-20-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Had a fellow employee send me an email today.

"Hey remember if you don't take your vitamins, mine won't work."
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Banned

"You must get vaccinated!"

"Okay but what if I'm healthy and may have already had covid?"

"It doesn't matter, these are preventable deaths and you are DIRECTLY responsible for them!!"

"But I already said that the vulnerable should be vaccinated. Are you saying the vaccines work or not?"

"Preventable deaths!!"

"But what about the collateral damage to society and the economy? Surely those things also lead to preventable deaths? Is the jury really in on this?"

"You're a murderer!!"

"Well I hope you got your flu shot last year. That kills people too. Preventable deaths. You're a murderer"

"It's not as bad though!!"

"Yeah but people are still dying from it, you could have just gotten your flu shot. I wonder is this somehow politically motivated?"

"Argghhhhhh!!!"
Old 09-20-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Everything comes down to per capita for the Paleocels

Quote:
COVID has killed about as many Americans as the 1918-19 flu
Old 09-20-2021, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the real concern are the collateral effects. It's a risk\benefit analysis.

Sure if you're a bougie rich person, the lockdowns mean nothing to you. Also the data will take years to analyze before we have a precise, high-resolution number of americans who died from covid 19. The methodology for determining such a statistic is in it's infancy. Many people died while having covid, rather than died *because* of it. Which is an incredibly relevant metric. The 1918 flu has had literally 100 years to be studied and analyzed. I thought you cared about science?

Like, sure my small business that feeds my family was permanently closed forever. But at least I didn't get sick for three days! Can you not see the absurdity in that?
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-20-2021 at 04:24 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
"Okay but what if I'm healthy and may have already had covid?"
Antibodies wear off after ~7 mos (so does the vaccine). Those of us who have the vaccine will get a booster and stay protected. Those of you who got sick, wont be protected forever. Source

Quote:
"But what about the collateral damage to society and the economy? Surely those things also lead to preventable deaths? Is the jury really in on this?"
The longer this goes on, the more damage to society and economy. Continuing to be unvaccinated (or in time, unboosted) will only prolong the crisis. Not wearing masks, will prolong the crisis. Allowing the virus to continue to spread and mutate, especially among the unvaccinated, will prolong the crisis. We all want to get back to normal, but right wing polticians and pundits want to continue chaos to score political points (party over country). Hence they actively undermine progress by making everything political. Because simple minded people who lack critical thinking see the world as binary, so they portray the choice as binary (ie: freedom). This has been happening on right wing news for years/decades now....

Quote:
"Well I hope you got your flu shot last year. That kills people too. Preventable deaths. You're a murderer"
I see this response a lot and a very basic review of the numbers shows that the covid is like 10 times more deadly than the flu. I know that you know this. Source

Mostly the people who believe all this bullshit misinformation is to justify their selfishness and liberal grievance (even though science is not liberal, its just portrayed that way in right wing media). They are "cut off their nose to spite their liberal face" types. No knowledge or facts, just against whatever "liberals" are for, which is based on what they read and see on right wing media.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 09-20-2021 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Antibodies wear off after ~7 mos (so does the vaccine). Those of us who have the vaccine will get a booster and stay protected. Those of you who got sick, wont be protected forever. Source

The longer this goes on, the more damage to society and economy. Continuing to be unvaccinated (or in time, unboosted) will only prolong the crisis. Not wearing masks, will prolong the crisis. Allowing the virus to continue to spread and mutate, especially among the unvaccinated, will prolong the crisis. We all want to get back to normal, but right wing polticians and pundits want to continue chaos to score political points (party over country). Hence they actively undermine progress by making everything political. Because simple minded people who lack critical thinking see the world as binary, so they portray the choice as binary (ie: freedom). This has been happening on right wing news for years/decades now....

I see this response a lot and a very basic review of the numbers shows that the covid is like 10 times more deadly than the flu. I know that you know this. Source

Mostly the people who believe all this bullshit misinformation is to justify their selfishness and liberal grievance (even though science is not liberal, its just portrayed that way in right wing media). They are "cut off their nose to spite their liberal face" types. No knowledge or facts, just against whatever "liberals" are for, which is based on what they read and see on right wing media.
You ignored the part where I pointed out that the death rate from covid is barely yet understood. The virus has only existed for 1.5 years. The flu has existed for literally one hundred.

What is more likely; that the death risk of covid will *increase*? Or that it will be widdled down, just like the death risk of every other disease, as we understand more about what actually constitutes a "covid death" and what doesn't? You're just taking the "650k dead in america" at face value and applying absolutely no skepticism or critical thinking.

And again I'm NOT AGAINST vaccines, I just don't think they should be mandated for everyone.

If the flu is only 10% as deadly as covid (which it almost certainly isn't, in fact current data suggests it is far more deadly for kids and the young and healthy), surely we should at least take 10% of the measures we are now taking for covid for a flu season? Yet we don't. Nobody cares about that at all.

The point, is that our response to covid is completely incoherent, and whether you support it or not splits almost PERFECTLY along party lines. That fact alone should concern you.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Toxic boosters for life to protect you from a virus that has a 99.8% survival rate

Sounds legit
Closed Thread