Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 01-28-2022, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH I dont buy the latency issue. I never remember latency ever being a problem for me. How it would affect charming ant not roots or pvp or using stuns to stunlock a train pull in lower guk (which was my favorite memory of the game of all time) I just cant figure out how charming is unique to any of that.
I remember getting disconnected quite often. The main problem with charm is if it breaks while you are disconnected but still logged in and waiting to be kicked, you would probably get murdered while you are standing there helplessly. Obviously it depended on if you had high class internet or not. I had 56k instead of DSL, so it was a much shoddier experience for me hehe.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

not if you had a group, which i was in all the time... so i didnt need pets but i did need to CC... knawhatiamen

I aint ever seen nobody solo tranix in 99
Old 01-28-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not if you had a group, which i was in all the time... so i didnt need pets but i did need to CC... knawhatiamen

I aint ever seen nobody solo tranix in 99
Don't get me wrong. I am not in the camp arguing Enchanters never charmed on live. I honestly don't remember much about playing with Enchanters on live. I didn't play one myself, and I mained a warrior so I didn't care about clarity. I only really remember the mezes and lulls lol.

I am just saying I do remember getting disconnected a lot (or almost disconnected where you would not get updates for seconds at a time before the game recovered). If I was playing an Enchanter at the time I would certainly think twice before charming when soloing, especially if you go balls to the wall and give your pet a torch + haste. You would get melted in seconds during a disconnect or almost disconnect if charm broke. You wouldn't be able to cast a stun, mez, etc. either.

But again, it depended on how often you got disconnected. DSL players might have had a much nicer time than us 56k folks.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I remember the black screen with white text.

They should add random disconnects to p99

I think that is the most classic and low hanging fruit way to solve the issue.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah I remember the black screen with white text.
Yup lol that black screen with white text was the worst! I have quite a few memories of just running through a zone and getting that message.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-28-2022 at 07:25 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
They should add random disconnects to p99

I think that is the most classic and low hanging fruit way to solve the issue.
I agree. Leave blue (post-green merge) as the "for babies who can't take real EQ" server, and bring back random (but rare) disconnects for everyone on Green 2.0! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Bonus points if they play a wav file of your mom telling you to get off the phone when they happen.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

How funny would it be listening to people on discord rage when that image pops up.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you even get this drivel?

The nerf has less impact as level increases, since at higher level you have a far larger margin for charming blue mobs.

A 60 chanter can charm a mob 15 levels below them, and it will still contribute. A level 40 chanter charming a mob 15 levels below them isn't going to get any value out of that pet.

The system discourages charming mobs near your own level, and calculates in absolute values. It is easier for a level 60 chanter to charm a level 50 mob (10 level difference), then it is for for a level 19 chanter to charm a level 10 mob (9 level difference).

Charming under level 50 just won't happen anymore.

People are all giddy about nerfing level 60 enchanters, while they don't even understand what this "fix" encompasses. In a way it is hilarious to see how a few nerds whipped each other in a frenzy about this while not even having a clue on the actual effects.
I’m confused by which part you think is drivel. Oldschool is a new enchanter with good charisma but suffering early breaks. Lets assume they is telling the truth, so that isn’t drivel.

Are you saying it is drivel that targetting slightly lower level mobs (than he currently targets) to charm reduces resists? I don’t think you’re saying that - you seem to understand the role of level difference later in your post. So you’re saying the forthcoming/anticipated +4 to casting level on charm helping it stick is drivel? Again that doesn’t make sense as you seem to under stand the importance of level difference for resists.

If I understand right, level of 17 enc will be casting charm as level 21 after the change ... is that what you’re saying is drivel? If this is what you think is drivel, why? The research suggests it should be there ... do you think it is already implemented so there will be no further benefit after the change?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused by which part you think is drivel. Oldschool is a new enchanter with good charisma but suffering early breaks. Lets assume they is telling the truth, so that isn’t drivel.

Are you saying it is drivel that targetting slightly lower level mobs (than he currently targets) to charm reduces resists? I don’t think you’re saying that - you seem to understand the role of level difference later in your post. So you’re saying the forthcoming/anticipated +4 to casting level on charm helping it stick is drivel? Again that doesn’t make sense as you seem to under stand the importance of level difference for resists.

If I understand right, level of 17 enc will be casting charm as level 21 after the change ... is that what you’re saying is drivel? If this is what you think is drivel, why? The research suggests it should be there ... do you think it is already implemented so there will be no further benefit after the change?
This is confusing me too, I don't know what it means. And I don't know why I even have Charisma or how it works now even. I wish they made it more clear, it's weird that on a fan server, how it works is a mystery and not open source. Not complaining, just pointing out the confusing part.