Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Skeleton

at least the guy warned people in ooc before doing it
Old 07-02-2019, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9/10 newbie zone post

Well done. I suggest a video next time for perfection.

Bronson - you are the scum of P99
I aim for 10/10 journalism, though it doesn't look like I can embed this clip:

https://i.imgur.com/Frupc9H.gifv

Readers may notice in /ooc he talked about avoiding king. Except you can clearly see him taking my mobs, then barging directly into king room and grabbing everything.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm wondering if he was getting the faction to buy a Hole key...
Honest question! I want to get my faction up at some point for this as well. I am assuming the Warrens is the best place to get it? Of course I don't want to be an ass about it. Wouldn't the best approach be to buff the shit out of the newbies and just tag their mobs with something tiny like burst of fire? In that scenario everybody wins. Of course, I'm a Druid and not a Monk haha.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question! I want to get my faction up at some point for this as well. I am assuming the Warrens is the best place to get it? Of course I don't want to be an ass about it. Wouldn't the best approach be to buff the shit out of the newbies and just tag their mobs with something tiny like burst of fire? In that scenario everybody wins. Of course, I'm a Druid and not a Monk haha.
The best thing to do is just farm it during offpeak times.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on what the newbies want (and how much work you want to do), since apparently some people don't like being PL'd. Your way would work but takes some effort to individually hit each kobold with whatever dumb spell you want, especially if they're mowing through them with thorns.

Instead of tagging each mob, you can buff the newbies and tell them to just bumrush groups of kobolds and you'll keep them healed. You'll get faction hits for healing them, no risk of stealing kills, and it won't require as much targeting. I guess you might run low on mana depending on how often they need heals. Venril Sathir pants would be very useful here, you can buff with the clicky and then just use the clicky to heal them as well.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best thing to do is just farm it during offpeak times.
Haha yeah, very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on what the newbies want (and how much work you want to do), since apparently some people don't like being PL'd. Your way would work but takes some effort to individually hit each kobold with whatever dumb spell you want, especially if they're mowing through them with thorns.

Instead of tagging each mob, you can buff the newbies and tell them to just bumrush groups of kobolds and you'll keep them healed. You'll get faction hits for healing them, no risk of stealing kills, and it won't require as much targeting. I guess you might run low on mana depending on how often they need heals. Venril Sathir pants would be very useful here, you can buff with the clicky and then just use the clicky to heal them as well.
I don't know why I always forget about Healing as a tag lol. I do have those pants so I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps I'll give that a try! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 07-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I don't know why I always forget about Healing as a tag lol. I do have those pants so I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps I'll give that a try! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really want to PL them, you can actually pants yourself (lol), pull a boatload of mobs, tell them to do at least 1 damage to each mob once, then thorns yourself. If the mobs don't hit you very often (which is likely), just sit so they land hits. They'll hit for their max damage when you sit, which isnt much on a high level but it will make a dent when you have a zone full of mobs hitting you. Then you just click pants on yourself every so often, which keeps you healed AND keeps aggro on you, without risking a kill steal.

You get to clear the zone quickly, for maximum faction for you and maximum exp/loot for them.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Hey, you guys take your civil talk to a different thread. We're trying to exact name and shame justice on a zone disruptor here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If that's not enough evidence to get him a suspension, through the correct petition process, then I don't know what is.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

With the OP and the video added, how is he not banned.

an Ikky monk would never do this either, stoopid soft skin.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Banned

Bronsun seems like a douche. I just finished grinding faction in the warrens on my druid to get a hole key. There is so many mobs in this zone, and the respawn is so damn fast there is no reason to train the whole zone, or pull the whole zone in general.

I stayed away from all other people in the zone, not only that but i always advertised POTG and buffs and helping others get their named kills. And it was actually really fun haha.

TLDR, Bronsun- Dickhead, give this guy a timeout.
Closed Thread