Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Default Seeking 60 shammy gear suggestions

Background: returning after a long break, 60 torp troll shammy w/epic (on blue obviously). I mostly only have time to solo here and there, but that's what I enjoy as well.

When I stopped playing sometime last year I had just begun switching some gear over to stuff with more AC/HP (okay sacrificing wis/mana), with the goal of attempting some bigger kills.

Is AC and HP (and resists, depending) still the best way to go if I am soloing stuff like WW dragons or other solo artisty stuff?

I still have a fungi tunic, which I think should be my primary focus to upgrade?? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Here's everything else I currently have...
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Samiam
Old 10-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Banned

my shaman on blue has BIS gear (mostly) outside of raiding

feel free to check out the magelo

other than that here are some items are amazing to get (outside of raiding)

-spirit wracked cord
-talisman of benevolence (from scout)
-work on your coldain ring? you can do up to 9 without needing too much help
-lodizal shield
-Hammered golden loop or pearly sarnak bangle are amazing HP items
-if you have a guild maybe get a vindi BP? or invest in a fungi staff
-bone clasped girdle is amazing for waist (though it is a bit pricy but shouldnt be a problem if you farm golems for spells etc)
-runed coldain shawl (gives flowing thought 1, takes a while but shouldnt be too difficult)
-choker of the wretched (will cost about 100k ish?, also gives flowing thought 1)
-the plane of mischief armor is nice especially the boots, arms, etc
-can maybe buy MQs for kael armor pieces

I would aim for around 190 to 200 stamina as the rest can be buffed with stats
So if you really want to upgrade your gear, look into joining a guild or try doing some of these quests or farm some plat to get these items. Hopefully this helps out. I'm not a huge shaman expert so maybe shamwowwi has something better to say.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of great suggestions from Tunabros. Many of these are repeated for emphasis.

These are the first two items I would get:

Ring of Stealthy Travel and Pegasus Cloak. Reducing the amount of spells you need to put on bar is huge for a Shaman, because we have less spell bar room than other classes. I love the Ring of Stealthy Travel for getting around without having to have Invis on my spell bar. Honestly those may be the first things you aim for, as they make your life much easier, and allow you to have other important spells on your hotbar instead at all times.

After those two items, this would be my top list of items to get next that won't be too difficult and can be mostly soloed. It will just be time consuming:

1. Coldain Ring 9. This is probably the best GCD item you can get outside of Coldain Ring 10. This will allow you to wear both of your earrings. If you can only solo, you may just want to settle for Ring 8, since Shamans cannot solo all of the heads for Ring 9.

2. 6+ Talisman from Ayillish. Depending on your skill you could probably solo it if you can get the timer and pull it to the shoreline.

3. Fungi Staff. This would be purchased. I still use it quite often whenever I need extra regen. When you are face tanking with Torpor you are going to be snared anyway, and this saves you mana and the time of swapping spells.

4. Shawl 7. You can do the whole quest solo at 60, including the items from Sirens Grotto. It does help if you duo with something like a 60 Druid for the Molkor Hide. This will take a long time if you haven't leveled any tradeskills. Hot tip: Do not level your Tailoring past 158, just do the Shawl 6 combine repeatedly until you succeed.

5. Lodizal Shield for your back item (resists). This would be purchased.

6. Make sure you have the best resist items you can get as swaps. Shaman's really don't have much in the way of spell interrupts. This would be purchased for the most part.

Everything else is only going to give marginal gains for the cost. Something like Spirit Wracked Cord is obviously a good item, but you are spending somewhere in the range of 200k for an extra 80ish HP compared to the other cheap Shaman arms. For most people getting 200k will probably take longer than all of the items I mentioned above combined, especially if you are not planning on raiding. I am not saying do not go for upgrades in other slots, but a little bit more HP/AC/Mana here and there won't turn around a fight going south in most cases.

Hammered Golden Loop is a good earring that you can solo. I am personally not a huge fan of them, due to the -15 AC per earring, but they are not too difficult to get if you are looking for an ear upgrade that won't fall off any time soon. Main issue is you still need to swap them out for resist gear, so you are only getting the HP some of the time.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-08-2021 at 07:03 PM..
Old 10-08-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you both so much, this is great info!

Shamwowi, I appreciate all of your shammy posts and was hoping you would post here. Ayillish is on the list. Pulling her to the shore is my struggle, but I did watch your video of pulling Brat and that helps.

It sounds like you aren't necessarily seeing the chest slot (currently fungi) as a major upgrade opportunity? I thought this could be my greatest magnitude stat increase, especially AC/HP/Resists, since it's chest slot...
Old 10-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you both so much, this is great info!

Shamwowi, I appreciate all of your shammy posts and was hoping you would post here. Ayillish is on the list. Pulling her to the shore is my struggle, but I did watch your video of pulling Brat and that helps.

It sounds like you aren't necessarily seeing the chest slot (currently fungi) as a major upgrade opportunity? I thought this could be my greatest magnitude stat increase, especially AC/HP/Resists, since it's chest slot...
Thanks!

Yes, if you can get Vindi BP, go for it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is one of the best resistance pieces you can get that isn't non-selling raid loot. Based on your post I assumed you weren't raiding, or had a lot of time to randomly come online for loot rights. You don't NEED to raid to get a Vindi BP, but you will need to coordinate with a guild to get loot rights, and I believe it goes for around 100k. Selling your Fungi would help go towards that fund if you can get loot rights lined up.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of options for high resist chest pieces, Vindi BP and VP Robe is basically it. The Skyshrine armor is only +4 to all res, for example. There really isn't a cheap alternative sadly.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-08-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Old 10-08-2021, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Been researching a bit, and yeah, I think I'll save up the 100k-ish for Vindi BP loot rights...crazy that it even gives a little regen. You're right, selling the fungi puts me halfway there.

Also digging some of the other items you listed, particularly the stealthy ring -- thanks again!
Old 10-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been researching a bit, and yeah, I think I'll save up the 100k-ish for Vindi BP loot rights...crazy that it even gives a little regen. You're right, selling the fungi puts me halfway there.

Also digging some of the other items you listed, particularly the stealthy ring -- thanks again!
No problem. The other reason why I didn't mention Vindi BP initially is because of the cost/benefit analysis. IMO, for 100K you could basically get all of the items I listed previously, and overall they would probably benefit you more than the Vindi BP by itself for soloing. Don't get me wrong, Vindi BP is an amazing piece. But you still have plenty of lower cost items that you do not have yet, which have great utility. Unless you are really good at farming plat, it will take you a long time to get 100k multiple times, so if you blow your load on Vindi BP, you may end up lengthening your farming period by not having the other utility pieces.

EDIT: For example, The Lodi Shield will basically give you roughly the same important resists as the Vindi BP (+5CR + 5FR for a -5MR), and it is 1/4th of the price of Vindi BP. It will also give you +13 AC over your Heiro Cloak, so you are only 12-15 AC shy from the Vindi BP number (depending on how the -AGI from Fungi Tunic affects you). The Coldain Ring 9 will basically make up for the HP loss of the Heiro Cloak, and also give you the MR you would have gotten from Vindi BP. It will also allow you to wear another earring instead of the Shrunken Gob Earring, so your HP pool will easily be back to normal or higher, or you can use that slot for another resist earring when necessary. I would do a bit of stat comparisons between gear sets to see how it shakes out, but I am pretty sure you can get more stat gains and utility overall for 100k with other gear than with the Vindi BP by itself. But if you really want Vindi BP because it is cool, obviously go for it hehe. Fungi Tunic is still one of the better chest pieces a Shaman can wear at 60, so it isn't like you are hurting in the slot.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-12-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Old 10-13-2021, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

If you don’t care about looks fungi is a great option. I’d wear it over Vindi bp if it wasn’t so ugly on an ogre.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don’t care about looks fungi is a great option. I’d wear it over Vindi bp if it wasn’t so ugly on an ogre.
Ops cant read. Yeah Fungi tunic on Ogre doesnt look great hehe.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

What’s your guys thoughts on Lodi vs hiero cloak in general? Is there specific camps you would rather use Lodi on? I would assume hiero is better in most cases but I may be wrong
Closed Thread