Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

In regards to the Scaled Mystic Armor quests - go for it. You are going to be leveling in Kurns, Lake of Ill Omen, Warsliks Woods, and possibly off of Exiled Iksar in Swamp of No Hope by the Trak Zone line, so you might as well pick up your quest drops as you go. The obvious first piece of advice is to not kill a single Burynai during your leveling. The second piece of advice is to abuse your pet charm in Lake of Ill Omen on a tiger to assist with getting the Spirit Caller beads - those goblins cast MEAN spells.

I skipped the bracers and the gauntlets because I didn't feel like paying the cost of the gems for the stats and there were cheaper / better options at EC tunnel. Grachnist being perma farmed for the earring = free gloves if you just walk over there during prime time hours. The rest of the quest pieces I got just for fun since I was getting the quest drops anyway. Lvl 39 was when I got the + Wisdom helmet piece from whacking the named Burynai in Kurns, which required some careful placement for getting mana and not pulling a mess in the basement.

You will positively, absolutely want a spell gem refresh item. It IS possible to get a https://wiki.project1999.com/Star_of_Eyes if you do all of the steps during prime time hours and are careful about your scouting, and buying some pots of Undead Awareness. Alternatively, getting a Spyglass from a tinker or from the Velious giant drop. The most ease-of-use options are the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring followed by the Black Fur Boots you can get much later.

Lastly, if you do take up Blacksmithing for making your own Banded armor, keep in mind that you can give a set of Banded to a charmed pet (less one bracer) and you can recover the armor at the end of your leveling session as long as you kill the pet yourself and loot the corpse. Likewise, you can give armor to your spirit wolf pet for a lengthy leveling session as well if desired. It will increase the durability of your pet in taking hits IMMENSELY as you make your way to 49. For what it's worth - you can perform armor combines in a forge while maintaining Invisibility. This was pretty useful to me as I was an Iksar doing some quick smith work in zones where I was pretty unwelcome.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

^ If you want to protect your Burynai faction, also don't contribute to kills of the 'Thick Boned Skeleton' in Kurn's Tower.

You know how his skeleton got so thicc? She got dem badger bones, and the Burynai don't appreciate you messing with that.

^ Regarding charmed pets, I don't believe animals can equip items (they certainly don't seem to equip weapons), so making a suit of banded for a charmed large dire wolf in perma, a gator in CT or whatever may end up being a bit of a fool's errand.

That said, it takes about 100pp to raise skill / brute force a set of banded, which is roughly what a player would charge you for a suit anyway. If your character makes itself a suit to wear and ever makes a suit to sell anyone else you are likely in the green.
Last edited by Jimjam; 11-29-2021 at 05:48 AM..
Closed Thread