Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Oh the only other idea I had was clear PHs for the Courier to get the clicky ring in LOIO. Even though clearing that for lvl28 maybe also lvl 29 probably won’t yield a ring, at least I’m getting probably a few hundred pp in EV (expected value if it hits). Better than 50pp expected value clearing trash somewhere else.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s 128 ZEM now estimated on the wiki. Is that still 200%?

I was looking for a camp that has pp while I level. Makes it more fun for me even if the leveling is a bit slower. I outgrew gargoyles, I tried guards in high keep but it really sucks being there without invis (29). I tried iksar exiles in Swamp of No Hope. The ikkys had good xp but bad loot. Wep drops were few and far between and they only vendored for like 2p mostly. I tried halfling guards at 27 but the only one I could really pull was felps and his respawn was too slow for a single spawn. Around 20 min.

I could grind 28 and have more options at 29 but really hoping to find some sort of cash camp for lvl 28.
Permafrost goblins have various bricks of HQ ore that vendor well or can be tradeskilled. The goblin blood / crystals are also useful to tradeskillers. Bronze and ringmail armours drop from them too.

At 29 you can invis to the low level dogs, root a large dire wolf, invis back to zone in and charm the beast to really pummel through the start of the zone. The large dires are level 24, so pretty much the best pet you can find in game. Still quite a few blues, and the time spent killing greens doesn't hurt too much considering how wealthy the mobs are.

Mammoths outside are also good PP (many mammoths are charmable at 29 too!)
Old 12-01-2021, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Permafrost goblins have various bricks of HQ ore that vendor well or can be tradeskilled. The goblin blood / crystals are also useful to tradeskillers. Bronze and ringmail armours drop from them too.

At 29 you can invis to the low level dogs, root a large dire wolf, invis back to zone in and charm the beast to really pummel through the start of the zone. The large dires are level 24, so pretty much the best pet you can find in game. Still quite a few blues, and the time spent killing greens doesn't hurt too much considering how wealthy the mobs are.

Mammoths outside are also good PP (many mammoths are charmable at 29 too!)
Awesome post Jimjam! I’ve been trying to casually solo in perma but I’ve never been successful. The ZEM there is really good as well so there is value but just so many clusters.

I wonder, would an ogre with super low charisma have a hard time charming?
Old 12-01-2021, 11:19 PM
Kobold

Going back to the treants, I was able to solo one at 28! Not sure what level it was, probably one of the lower ones. But a 33 shaman who was working the camp told me he doesn’t dot it or slow it or worry about dispel at all. He just tries to nuke it down With the level 24 frost nuke. So pull with a nuke, nuke it again while it runs towards you, melee it for a bit until it gets to an amount of life that is low enough where two more nukes will make him run, but not so low where he starts to self heal. I think about 45ish %. Then cast said nukes to get him to run and finish him off with melee. Because the nukes are so mana inefficient, if you get a resist you will almost not have enough mana depending on your gear. So that’s the main problem but yea. The best defense is a good offense against the treants.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Not what you were looking for, but lvl 34 is the magic number for a Shaman to reach in terms of spells and picking up a pet - which unlocks your solo ability to a much stronger state. Sisters in OOT have crap loot (except sword sisters) and no where to sell for an Ogre but their experience / respawn time is stellar and they have really weak HP's for what they con. If you were willing to bypass loot and just get what you need for spells, you could rocket to 34 and then branch out to getting more cash with exp.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Might struggle finding somewhere to sell as an ogre in permafrost, sadly.

Keep chipping away at that xp bar, 24, 29 and 34 are huge power jumps for the shaman ... the class really feels complete at 34 of you know what I mean.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not what you were looking for, but lvl 34 is the magic number for a Shaman to reach in terms of spells and picking up a pet - which unlocks your solo ability to a much stronger state. Sisters in OOT have crap loot (except sword sisters) and no where to sell for an Ogre but their experience / respawn time is stellar and they have really weak HP's for what they con. If you were willing to bypass loot and just get what you need for spells, you could rocket to 34 and then branch out to getting more cash with exp.
I’ve always wanted to do that camp however the main reason was the loot haha. This is a perfectly logical suggestion and I will definitely do this with one of my toons. Maybe not this one. Maybe one that can sell in zone. I had a human necro that could do the camp but couldn’t sell in zone so not sure what class race can kill these sisters and also sell in zone.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:29 AM
Kobold

Regarding the treants, I spent my gargoyle eye money on a poison wind censor (2hb is 16 skill :/ ). I also crafted some platinum mana rings and gold mana bracers, and a wisdom str veil. I transferred the jewelry to this toon so I can have the mana to cast malise or an extra nuke. So far so good on holding down the single spawn for treants but it’s early yet. Still plenty of time to get wrecked. I’ll gate to ZL if I can’t Handle a mob and if I get the camp really under control I’ll bind at rathe Gypsies to vendor coin by way of buying and selling combine weps.

I would do the centaur vendor but he seems full so I think I would have to clear his inventory first?
Old 12-02-2021, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

I remember doing treants on a melee - obviously melee do things when the mobs are underlevelled so resistances are factored differently. I’d kite the treant around a but so I could do a couple of casts of cancel magic before autoattacking. It removes a lot of their hp/ac/ds buffs which is very helpful if you are going to use your 2hb.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Kobold

Ok It’s working and I’m getting wrecked occasionally. I’m about 70% of the way through lvl 28 and have died without rez three times. The keys for me were: Mana jewelry, poison wind censor, four nukes, well timed bashes, gating when the mob is too strong, coming back and doing the other spawn when you know the north spawn is too strong.
Closed Thread