Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Also P99 has a lower population than live but I guarantee you it has a higher max level population than live ever did for any of the given expansions. I've been here since population online was about 100 and things have been just fine and in fact were more enjoyable then than todays max level power leveling clicky abuse rooted dragon guild UN cluster fuck where newbs like you are mad you can't raid easily when in reality if you want a classic EQ experience you shouldn't even be raiding in the first place. Wahh wahh, I want easy pixels, that's you. EQ isn't WoW but P99 is sure looking more like WoW than EQ and that includes the crybaby unskilled I deserve raid pixels after being carried to max level player base.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

Ya, I figured it out

Keep color flux and color shift on your bar permanently anywhere you think you could have adds. The obvious sacrifice would be ToT unless you still wanted/needed the mana from caster mobs. If you wanted to keep ToT then swap your slow back and forth with either tash or root. Berserker line has a cd so you won’t want to be swapping that, mez you would probably want permanently but could be swapped if not…gate is something I’m assuming most chanters choose to mem (I know I do, not worth keeping gate on your bar, stabilize the situation then mem gate and jet if in a jam, ez). Nukes you never keep on your bar, at least I don’t

So bar setup would be something like:

1 slow/root swap slot
2 color flux
3 color shift
4 mez
5 tash
6 charm
7 ToT
8 bez tune

Solved
Old 12-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering some of the excellent groups I have had as Enchanter
Spotted your real concern. Maybe consider that I having played here for 10 years might know a bit more than you about the problems with P99 beyond "my" problem as a "retiree." In a real sense none of this matters because Nilbog and Rogean have always treated this as their project and server and it's become obvious they favor certain things beyond simply classic mechanics. I will continue to make the argument that P99 would be more enjoyable for the majority of players if raiding and max level stopped being the focus. Even if Enchanters like you who admittedly can't raid well even with the most unclassically overpowered class are upset by the idea that you don't belong there. Ultimately, I feel players would be happier if there was a sense of achievement in this MMO no matter how they might kick and scream about classic difficulty that brings that sense of achievement.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:21 PM
Banned

We correction, gate choose *NOT to mem

And last gem I meant berzerk line rune
Old 12-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, I figured it out

Keep color flux and color shift on your bar permanently anywhere you think you could have adds. The obvious sacrifice would be ToT unless you still wanted/needed the mana from caster mobs. If you wanted to keep ToT then swap your slow back and forth with either tash or root. Berserker line has a cd so you won’t want to be swapping that, mez you would probably want permanently but could be swapped if not…gate is something I’m assuming most chanters choose to mem (I know I do, not worth keeping gate on your bar, stabilize the situation then mem gate and jet if in a jam, ez). Nukes you never keep on your bar, at least I don’t

So bar setup would be something like:

1 slow/root swap slot
2 color flux
3 color shift
4 mez
5 tash
6 charm
7 ToT
8 bez tune

Solved
I'm seriously going to laugh if this goes live and all the Enchanters who proclaim themselves immune and maybe even gaining power from classic channeling get hit in the face by reality.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Bro, more people are not going to want to play the game if you add artificial difficulty to lower-levels and they have no one to group with because, as you gleefully state, everyone has "rage quit" because they realize they're wasting their time. Everyone at lower levels would need to get really good at soloing, as a matter of fact, because they'd have even less people to play with.

Like I'm seriously grappling with this. How is this not obvious. Why would i care so much if i hadnt spent six months slowly making my way through a balance of grouping and solo situations. I've had fun and memorable groups or solo encounters through just about every zone in the game at thos point and most of my time is spent helping lowbies come up in the game, find good spots to party, and come up in the game themselves. I don't think there's anything about this game that's "too easy" for them, and im proud of what i accomplish and what they accomplish every day, and I think it's obnoxious for you to spit on that and then tell me its because you want people to appreciate the low-level content more.

I'm being too silly because of my passion now. I'm seriously done. Whatever happens in the game is beyond my control anyway, the devs get to decide that, I'll just keep playing and hoping the balance is preserved somehow.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seriously going to laugh if this goes live and all the Enchanters who proclaim themselves immune and maybe even gaining power from classic channeling get hit in the face by reality.
Cast time on color flux is 1 second. If that gets interrupted multiple times then you had enough mobs on you to where you should have died anyway

I could easily get a color flux off with 3 mobs hitting me, even with staggered swings

Any trains larger than that I really don’t mind dying to as a solo’er anyway
Old 12-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I think the game should be more difficult to that everyone doesn't end up max level so fast in order to enjoy the other aspects of the game instead.
Er, there IS stuff to do at level cap besides raid. Yeah, I know half the community here forgets that in their pursuit of pixels, but there is, I promise. Not that this has anything to do with codebase improvements.

----------------------------------

My own concern, if I have one, is that of accuracy: I remember the efforts towards implementing the yellow bar which were so overwrought that the entire system was scrapped and forgotten. I look at the 'classic night' fix, which is a roundabout shader hack and only pseudo-classic with some advantages and some disadvantages. As much as I like properly dark nights, I can't help but notice the faults, too. It took them 3 or 4 tries before they finally got AC working decently (or at all!), and even then it isn't 100% classic yet. Starting from a 2002 era macintosh client is useful, but I don't trust it as the sole basis because a) it's out of era, b) it might not be identical to the PC client, and c) there could be unknown modifiers on the host side. That was why I asked earlier about where your values were sourced from--was curious as to how you addressed those potential problems. I've been trying to research lull spell tuning for over a decade and my own efforts keep running into a brick wall because apparently the "great lull nerf" was host-side and with no access to the original host I can't prove host values. We're archaeologists in our own way, trying to rebuild the dinosaur from a femur and a couple of vertebrae.

Danth
Old 12-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

I can’t speak for the harder late game dungeons, but if you are solo’ing an empty dungeon then any trains/adds are your own poor planning anyway

The first step is learning and mapping out where the pathers are and giving them a pacify or calm before attempting to break a room. Then just don’t be stupid and keep sitting as they run by, even down the same hallway as you

Now stun immune mobs and trains by other people and yea you super fucked
Old 12-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Aviak

Druid main btw LOL.