let that sink in
Old 12-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

You just killed four dolphins. �� ��

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-09-2021, 05:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah see my open source post on the Green forums. Now that I have a family and children old enough to play EQ I don't need other players anymore just the source.

I just complain because that's what this forum is for. I'd never run a server not even a private one right now. A wise person told me to start less and finish more so I'm working on that.
If you want to fizzle/get interrupted more and play with family, wayfarers haven (formerly p2002) is a nice option. Melody, autofire and mouse zoom all work, and unlike on takp where I gather spells can be hard to come by, there is a copy of burnout IV for sale right now for 200p (see magelo.wayfarershaven.com). The server devs and GM's are super cool, process legit family IP exemptions efficiently and seem to welcome community support as they work towards rolling out GoD.

I still play on p99 here and there, but for my family group, with two young kids, WFH is awesome and gives you the choice to three box to fill out the group if you feel like it and ultimately to advance through LDoN runs. Toxics are promptly banned, and you can actually decide to do something meaningful, like the Lodi eyepatch quest in any given evening with fair odds that he will be sitting up/pathing around tofs when you drop into Iceclad.

At the end of the day, I still agree with those who feel that the best eq experience is when everyone is single boxing, but life is just too busy these days to watch my very finite free time evaporate while trying to put together a group, solicit a port etc.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

I thought Sebilis would get a nice boost with the modifier, but seems Hole somehow still is #1 ?
Old 12-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to fizzle/get interrupted more and play with family, wayfarers haven (formerly p2002) is a nice option. Melody, autofire and mouse zoom all work, and unlike on takp where I gather spells can be hard to come by, there is a copy of burnout IV for sale right now for 200p (see magelo.wayfarershaven.com). The server devs and GM's are super cool, process legit family IP exemptions efficiently and seem to welcome community support as they work towards rolling out GoD.

I still play on p99 here and there, but for my family group, with two young kids, WFH is awesome and gives you the choice to three box to fill out the group if you feel like it and ultimately to advance through LDoN runs. Toxics are promptly banned, and you can actually decide to do something meaningful, like the Lodi eyepatch quest in any given evening with fair odds that he will be sitting up/pathing around tofs when you drop into Iceclad.

At the end of the day, I still agree with those who feel that the best eq experience is when everyone is single boxing, but life is just too busy these days to watch my very finite free time evaporate while trying to put together a group, solicit a port etc.
You can't speak his name but I wouldn't go there for that reason alone.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Vegetable market?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

What are good places to xp now with the changes? Population aside.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Seb and Velk are back on the radar. I've seen a lot more people in Karnor's too.

Anyone still XPing in hole is a sadist. Boycott Hole 2022 campaign officially underway.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't speak his name but I wouldn't go there for that reason alone.
I don't believe he's played there for quite a few years fwiw. GG was around occasionally when I first tried the server in 2019, and I recall a 1k pp giveaway contest to the first person to find and hand him an avocado lol. The server is run by Trust and his team, and they do it right if you like that era of the game. I just wish there were more players on late night PST, but then the same comment applies here these days.

No RnF at WFH, so you've got to keep a toe in the water over here for the lulz.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling is dead until Teal server launches. No enhanced mob spawns. No instancing. No lists. No nerfed quest exp. Yes 10x harder channeling.

Letting people double farm items with Teal was a terrible idea. The already cheesy leveling treadmill was even easier to get on. JBoots flowed like water flasks to /list players abusing scripts and mainly just AFKing while others farmed their item.

Maybe the staff introducing non classic mechanics like more newb spawns and instancing to make the already ridiculously unclassically easy leveling even easier was a bad idea now that everyone has 10 max level alts full of legacy gear and has no reason to login.

Small changes can have a huge impact on an MMO over a long timescale. They didn't just make small changes they made gigantic easy mode changes and now the server is a barren wasteland. Might as well just let people login and #level 60 themselves immediately and start farming items and raiding it was so easy. ZEMs aren't even classic and as far as I know that was proven.

I'll never know why the staff seems to encourage the max level bottleneck on P99. There might have been some kind of plausible deniability in the past but Green launch instancing, spawn rates, etc pretty much proven it's a conscious choice to make players level faster than was classic. They seemed to listen to the idea that we shouldn't have hot spot ZEMs like HHK because it's not classic and in response they just moved it to the Hole. That wasn't the problem guys, the problem was the whole damn hot spot ZEM concept that isn't classic, not the zone it's enabled in. Not to mention the way that allowed Loam armor to flood the market and give dungeon soloing Enchanters an even easier time to finish off whatever might be left to enjoy on Green.

Fighting over low level mob spawns to level on an overcrowded server was classic and no the GMs didn't pop up when you petitioned and ban a paying subscriber because they KSed your fire beetle like happens on P99.

As someone who doesn't enjoy 50+ EQ and raiding I really hate what was done on Green to destroy the leveling curve. Glad other people admit it's fucked up and something was lost there. Any one of those ridiculous things would have ruined it but we got a truckload of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ