Banned

shamans need like uber gear in order to actually solo
Old 01-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

We need a p99 quality create your own class emu so bad
Old 01-27-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans are better at soloing than any other Class. Enchanters will be nerfed soon and will suck after that. Change My mind.
Well any ench nerf you’re referring to is going to be changing channeling to be classic. Which means any class that relies on casting a spell will be in trouble if a mob is whacking on them.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I don't think OP fully understands the proposed changes.

If I understand it correctly, worst case will be spell interrupts happen more frequently, and CHA doesn't affect charm break chances. But I also heard they may add 4 levels when doing the level check for resists, so that is going to help balance it out anyway. But let us assume the level check change doesn't happen. Necromancers can charm just fine, and Necro charm doesn't use CHA checks at all. Yes, it will be a bit more risky, but I don't think it will prevent people from doing the same camps.

As for the channeling change hurting Shamans, it will not be too bad. Shamans are restricted to fighting mobs that are slowable, so the mob isn't hitting you very often. That means you will still get plenty of spells off just fine.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Let me clarify a bit. A Shaman generally face tanks mobs because of the summon mechanic. You can't root rot them, which is another common Shaman strategy. But there are not a lot of mobs in the game that summon AND are face tank-able without slow. This means in general you are face tanking slow-able mobs, and that means they are much less likely to interrupt you via melee anyway.

However, some mobs can be tanked by the Shaman pet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY This video shows me killing a Cliff Golem by having the doggo tank it instead. Doesn't work on WW dragons sadly, they hit too hard, but you can still do this with some summoning mobs.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:21 PM
Banned

neat claSS imo
Old 01-27-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

shamans are OP but like other classes like a monk, you need gear to be considered

"the best class". Some classes such as casters dont rely on anything to boost damage asides from leveling up to get better spells. while a melee character needs to level up

AND get better gear to increase their strength/haste for better dps.

Shamans are a good class but not really the best in utility.

I will have to say a necromancer is the best class in my opinion. Every new "spell" level is a power spike. They can level to 60 without any gear at all.

For shamans, 1-46 you are pretty much forced to group and soloing takes 80 years because of the downtime. You are pretty much forced to get a fungi item. The power spikes for shamans are canni, jbb, epic, 60 spells. Most of these are somewhat challenging to get such as the 60 spells and a fungi item.

Necro is great because
-Easy for anyone to pick up
-no gear really needed
-every "spell level" is a huge powerspike
-feign death
-can heal others
-can rez people
-can fear

Is this thread a troll or something? It's so obvious that necromancer is literally the master class. I'm not saying that shamans are a bad class. They are just not the BEST class overall. I currently have a shaman on blue that I love playing but I needed to save up a lot of plat just for the gear and spells just to be OP.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Leveling a Necro to 60 with zero gear sounds pretty fun.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shamans need like uber gear in order to actually solo
Huh? fungi + torpor = GG
Closed Thread