Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-27-2022, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well you dont have to raid to be in a guild. there are guilds for raiding and guilds for

casual gameplay. I'm sure you can join a guild like castle or ex astra.
You just named two of the three I was part of. I didn't want to say names because I don't want to look like I'm throwing shade. They were all nice guys, didn't do me any wrong, just didn't work for me.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just named two of the three I was part of. I didn't want to say names because I don't want to look like I'm throwing shade. They were all nice guys, didn't do me any wrong, just didn't work for me.
Yeah unfortunately on P99 your guild decision does affect the loot you can get. All guilds are mostly filled with nice people. There isn't any guild on P99 I dislike personally. But you have to choose between playing with a certain group of people, or getting the loot you want. Typically you can't have both, unless you also like the group of people in a more successful guild. Or you try and change the guild you are in to raid more.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah unfortunately on P99 your guild decision does affect the loot you can get. All guilds are mostly filled with nice people. There isn't any guild on P99 I dislike personally. But you have to choose between playing with a certain group of people, or getting the loot you want. Typically you can't have both, unless you also like the group of people in a more successful guild. Or you try and change the guild you are in to raid more.
I juat can't raid on weekends unless it's very late, and Sky/Hate/Fear are the ones I want to focus on. But I got my first taste of a raid fight last night with VS, and it was...very, very scary how quickly he dropped us. Never been one-shot at Level 49 before, 350x2 + 1500 proc and my life flashed before my eyes.

So after that, not sure if I'm even the type that's cut out for raiding, if all major raid fights are like that and death comes that instantaneously. Maybe 6-mans in a perilous dungeon would be more comfortable for me.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I juat can't raid on weekends unless it's very late, and Sky/Hate/Fear are the ones I want to focus on. But I got my first taste of a raid fight last night with VS, and it was...very, very scary how quickly he dropped us. Never been one-shot at Level 49 before, 350x2 + 1500 proc and my life flashed before my eyes.

So after that, not sure if I'm even the type that's cut out for raiding, if all major raid fights are like that and death comes that instantaneously. Maybe 6-mans in a perilous dungeon would be more comfortable for me.
In this specific case you were simply too low level for VS. Level plays a huge role in resistances. I don't think it's because you aren't "cut out". If you were level 60 it would have felt and played out different. And luckily the mobs you need to kill (Vox/Nagafen) are designed for players more in your level range. That is why you can't fight them past level 52. So if you joined a bigger raid guild, they would probably be fine with you just showing up to Vox/Nagafen. They need more low level raiders for those encounters anyway lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-27-2022 at 02:16 PM..
Old 04-27-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this specific case you were simply too low level for VS. Level plays a huge role in resistances. I don't think it's because you aren't "cut out". If you were level 60 it would have felt and played out different. And luckily the mobs you need to kill (Vox/Nagafen) are designed for players more in your level range. That is why you can't fight them past level 52. So if you joined a bigger raid guild, they would probably be fine with you just showing up to Vox/Nagafen. They need more low level raiders for those encounters anyway lol.
What do you mean you can't fight them past Level 52? The game hardblocks you from being able to attack them or something?
Old 04-27-2022, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What do you mean you can't fight them past Level 52? The game hardblocks you from being able to attack them or something?
Yes. Lady Vox and Nagafen specifically have a mechanic where if you attack them, and you are above level 52, you get teleported away. Players above level 52 can still heal and buff the players attacking the dragons, but they cannot directly attack the dragon themselves.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes. Lady Vox and Nagafen specifically have a mechanic where if you attack them, and you are above level 52, you get teleported away. Players above level 52 can still heal and buff the players attacking the dragons, but they cannot directly attack the dragon themselves.
Ah, interesting. I wouldn't want to hardcap a character a specific level just for those encounters though...at least not my Paladin. MAYBE my Ranger for tracking, but that's not even a distant thought for me right now.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Cannot heal or buff anyone that is on the aggro table, will instant port them before the buff or heal land /nod
Old 04-27-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ah, interesting. I wouldn't want to hardcap a character a specific level just for those encounters though...at least not my Paladin. MAYBE my Ranger for tracking, but that's not even a distant thought for me right now.
Oh I am not saying you should stay at 52 forever. But since you are 51 right now, you could join a bigger guild and raid Vox/Nagafen when you can. You are quite useful for those encounters since you are in the level range, and the bigger guilds no longer have attendance requirements.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cannot heal or buff anyone that is on the aggro table, will instant port them before the buff or heal land /nod
Yes, I should have specified that. Good catch.